Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Opinions needed?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Nov 16 2009 11:20 PM (7 replies)
  • tubbytubbs
    2 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2009 6:39 PM

I just started playing, and just got my Amateur status.  What would be the best first club up grade, driver or putter.  Do you just win money when you upgrade. I got 50 cents.

Tubby

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sun, Nov 15 2009 6:57 PM

Yes the 50 credits is what you get for advancing tiers.

The redwood putter is by far the best club to buy. IMO.

As for clubs, I would wait until you make pro. My reason is this. You only have 5 ranked rounds. Closest to the hole comps do not count. You average(that is what advances you though tiers) is based the best 10 of your last fourteen. If you continue to play the way you are you will be a pro when you have played 10 rounds. That will open up better equipment as some clubs are restricted to tiers.

Hope this helps.

*edit* If the rapture set is what you are looking for (good clubs) they are available to you now.

• tubbytubbs
    2 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2009 3:16 PM

Thanks for the input.  I didn't know if I could get any further with the club I have.  I think I'll wait, but I'm buying a putter first, cause thats where I have the most problems.  Thanks again

tubby

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2009 3:48 PM

tubbytubbs:

Thanks for the input.  I didn't know if I could get any further with the club I have.  I think I'll wait, but I'm buying a putter first, cause thats where I have the most problems.  Thanks again

tubby

You will like the Redwood putter, but practice with it. And remember this --- the distance is in 15 ft increments, not 30 ft. So reset your distance to 30 ft before every putt.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2009 3:59 PM

Go to search  here type in distance putting control. NIVLAC wrote an awesome tutorial on it there.

When you make pro, you get enough credits to upgrade your stock driver  to another that gives you 5 extra yards...

So a putter is a good purchase..

When your ready  a full rapture set from Ping  is a good 27$  expendature  and will be satisfying for along time.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2009 5:46 PM

AlaCowboy:
    You will like the Redwood putter, but practice with it. And remember this --- the distance is in 15 ft increments, not 30 ft. So reset your distance to 30 ft before every putt.

Why would anyone do that, for heaven's sake... The short 15ft scale is one of the prime advantages of the Redwood putter, so it would make no sense to cancel that advantage by switching over to the 30ft scale before every putt... Simply readjust so you're comfortable with using the 15ft scale for the appropriate putts.

• playerjj2468
    24 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2009 6:21 PM

once you get used to using 15ft increment it is alot easier

• JulioMoot
    76 Posts
    Mon, Nov 16 2009 11:20 PM

g'day tubby, look bud.   you shouldn't need to but any clubs till you reach pro. Use some money to but balls if u want, imo the 10 credit distance balls. Once reaching pro you can stick to the starter driver or upgrade to the 100 credit driver. The starter clubs r fine with the slow meter. gl with it and ur meter. 

where can you pick up a 50 c putter  lol

RSS