Mon, Apr 15 2024 8:56 AM (615 replies)
  • EarlyCuyler28
    61 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2022 2:24 AM

I sent a friend request as well.

• ShalomAloha
    853 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2022 9:45 AM

I signed up for WGT last January played 3 holes and thought too hard for me๐Ÿคฃ

I then reconnected with a grade school friend who had been playing for 11 years, he encouraged me to pick it up. I started playing again on Sept 30, 2021. I joined two CC’s and said hi, but no replies. 

I decided to look for an active club as I had a lot to learn and was hopeful a more established club, may have a better infrastructure in place. The top clubs showed me they would review my invite. ONE club TPC the peoples club, the owner contacted me within hours and asked if I would commit to communicating on the forum occasionally, play club tournaments, and try to get 10,000 XP points a month. I do that in a day or two. I was level 34 or 36. He opened up a top 5 club that has been around more than a decade to me.

Instantly I was welcomed by several people at the legend tier that invited me to private message them any time. They have a club room on Discord that allows us to text chat and or voice chat safely and effectively. They had a pinned section with every kind of tutorial one could imagine. A newbies treasure trove. Nothing easy, but if one wanted to truly learn about golf basics and WGT, it was ALL there. I was about to buy clubs but the pinned advice was wait a bit, I did wait two weeks and had beautiful clubs. People saw I was being active and reached out and offered to play and voice chat and teach me about flops and chips and pitches and punches none of which I knew even existed. I was invited to ALT games, three legends and little ol me, everyone rooting me on. 6 weeks ago I had a 104 average. Last night I got below 70. I have worked very hard but have had all the help and friendship I could ever ask for. I am well into the 90’s level now. I am not concerned with my rank as much as leveling up to get the clubs I will use permanently so I can learn all the calculations.

There are contests that are very fun. Most of the top players have all they need, they number well over 100. I came in last in one contest a few weeks ago and a legend pro who won, sent me his prize of the best set of balls I had ever used. I was grateful but it was like giving me crack LOL. Another story, but he wanted to donate to the lowest guy. I may have the worst handicap and the owner had everyone’s handicap figured and I actually won one of those. I am not alone. I have seen other new people come and everyone gets the same welcome and help if they want it. There are high ranked people that join that instantly have 100 friendly games with people at their own level.
    I strongly encourage you to consider joining The Peoples Club if you enjoy this game. Friendships, fun and competition. I am very happy here and so so grateful for the generosity and warmth I have experienced. Hope to meet some new members soon. ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ™๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’– 

• Ladychipper
    22,692 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2022 4:17 PM

Hi EarlyCuyler28,

You must be without a club in order to join ours.  I did not receive a friend's request from you.

• Ladychipper
    22,692 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2022 4:22 PM

ShalomAloha,

That is some testimonial you wrote.  It proves that TPC helps those that want to be helped and are active. 

Thank you so much for the lovely review of The Peoples Club.  We are happy you joined us.

If there is anyone that wants to join TPC, please contact me by posting on my wall or in here.  You must be at least at Pro level and be without a country club to join. 

• EarlyCuyler28
    61 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2022 6:56 PM

Ladychipper:

Hi EarlyCuyler28,

You must be without a club in order to join ours.  I did not receive a friend's request from you.

I will re-send one.  I like my club and it has been very good to me but the bigger group and more XP earnings is too much to pass on.

• Ladychipper
    22,692 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2022 8:03 AM

I got the friend request and have sent you a detailed message.  Be on the lookout for it.

• ShalomAloha
    853 Posts
    Sun, Jan 16 2022 5:17 PM

I didn’t even know much about golf fundamentals. Played a little par three golf as a kid but last time was probably high school and it was rare even then. Have just had a blast here. Made master level yesterday. Many reach that rank at a much lower level than me. But people kept reaching out to help and include me in games and activities. The last couple of weeks I have made leaps and bounds. Having some decent rounds but the best part is just the fellowship and people talking and playing together. Perfect for these times, for anytime. ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’–

• Ladychipper
    22,692 Posts
    Thu, Jan 20 2022 8:28 AM

ShalomAloha:

I didn’t even know much about golf fundamentals. Played a little par three golf as a kid but last time was probably high school and it was rare even then. Have just had a blast here. Made master level yesterday. Many reach that rank at a much lower level than me. But people kept reaching out to help and include me in games and activities. The last couple of weeks I have made leaps and bounds. Having some decent rounds but the best part is just the fellowship and people talking and playing together. Perfect for these times, for anytime. ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’–

Thanks for posting and keep learning!  We are here to help you.

• Ladychipper
    22,692 Posts
    Mon, Jan 24 2022 11:32 AM

We have room for some new active members.  So come grab a spot and make some great new friends.  Get all the help you need, you just have to ask.

• chris197018
    2 Posts
    Mon, Jan 24 2022 12:07 PM

hello  thank you for the invite  for some  reason theyv got me at a pro levle but i am still learning how to play  my trouble is puting mostly  can you  tell me more about this club   thanks  

RSS