Forums

Help › Forums

Re: an easier way to get credits

Fri, Nov 27 2009 5:17 AM (27 replies)
  • columbiacgt
    565 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2009 5:52 AM

naughty1:
    I have had the opportunity to play some of the 63-68 masters on the practice round. We both used regular clubs, and no one has beat me. At this time my avg is 73 

ok i'll challenge you 500 credits with starter clubs, balls and putter on any course hard tees high wind fast greens.

Just post a date and time and i'll be there...

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2009 6:18 AM

naughty1:

Mallamca:
    By the way, buying stuff will not help you as pratice (and luck) do!

Amazing that you could think that. Proof in the pudding. Those 72-75 avg people buy clubs that hit balls 320 yds on the drive and 250 on the 3 wood, and oops, they are avg 65.

I have had the opportunity to play some of the 63-68 masters on the practice round. We both used regular clubs, and no one has beat me. At this time my avg is 73 

How you can think that shortening the golf course by 10-20% will not improve your score 

From your score history you have 1 round under par, out of a quite alot of others. So I guess you would be saying it's near impossible to be under par for 9 holes with starter clubs, humm. No true for a good player, sorry. Think maybe you're playing some Masters that haven't quite mastered anything.

• naughty1
    104 Posts
    Thu, Nov 26 2009 7:32 AM

columbiacgt:

ok i'll challenge you 500 credits with starter clubs, balls and putter on any course hard tees high wind fast greens.

Just post a date and time and i'll be there...

I am a 72 avg with reg clubs, which means my avg is 1 over par for 9

U are a 62 avg with upgrades or 31 avg or -4 for 9

Would like to know if you think that your avg would be 31 using reg clubs.

My take is upgrades will lower avg by 2-3 for 9 holes or about 5 for 18 holes

This would make you a 67, and being a math whiz you should beat me by 2 to 3 strokes.

The difference between me and you is  THIS WGT IS NOT MY LIFE

• naughty1
    104 Posts
    Thu, Nov 26 2009 7:36 AM

ncviz:
    From your score history you have 1 round under par, out of a quite alot of others. So I guess you would be saying it's near impossible to be under par for 9 holes with starter clubs, humm. No true for a good player, sorry. Think maybe you're playing some Masters that haven't quite mastered anything.

I challenge you to find me 10 players with lower avg than 70 that do not use upgrades.

I believe nobody has mastered anything. This is a mouse game, not an athletic event

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Thu, Nov 26 2009 11:57 AM

I'd like to know when the 500¢ match is? And can we get it broadcast over the IRC?

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Thu, Nov 26 2009 12:10 PM
    Whatever happens in that match I´ve seen plenty of players turn from 70-75 to 60-65 in just a few weeks. You wanna win? Buy clubs. Buy your way into it. That´s how this game has been working lately.
  • columbiacgt
    565 Posts
    Fri, Nov 27 2009 4:15 AM

I became a master with 66.x using only starters. Then I upgraded because I was competing with people with the same skill level and I had no chance otherwise. I wish we all went back to starters. There are starter club only tourneys on www.germangolf.de. There is an italian pro 66.5 who only uses starters. luigi692.

WGT is not my life either, it's just that I don't like when people brag. 

I will challenge you again: starter clubs and balls, any course, tees, wind and greens you wish, for credits or just for honor, I'll give you 2 shots advantage.

Just say when and agree to post the result on this forum.

Or else just stay silent

• naughty1
    104 Posts
    Fri, Nov 27 2009 5:17 AM

columbiacgt:
    WGT is not my life either, it's just that I don't like when people brag. 

Sorry, but I was not bragging. In fact if I wanted to be a bragger, I would upgrade my clubs. I was simply stating the fact that --by upgrading you are lowering your score, and the masters that I have played did no better than 2 over par at beth front nine. I find that a lot of masters will say that their improvement came by skill, rather than upgrades, and I find that laughable.

Over the last week I have tried to get match games and almost impossible. Seems like everyone on match is using upgrades. Monster drivers seem to be the choice of most, and monster 3 woods seem to be in a lot of bags. 

Now as far as your challenge. I find it interesting that you were a 66 before upgrades and now a 62. Kinda makes my observation about 4-5 strokes on 18 as to what upgrades will do for you. Of course I accept your challenge, but I am not able to play for money. I play beth, front nine, normal wind. I accept your 2 shots, due to the fact that your are a 66 and I am a 72.

My next avail would be Saturday, 8pm eastern time. Just invite, and I will be there. 

If you win, you may brag, and if I win, I promise I will not brag, because I am not a bragger. 

RSS