Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Master Quiters

Sat, Oct 22 2011 10:45 AM (24 replies)
  • Shigetaro
    2 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 10:35 AM

Thank you for the info... suppose I will give it a try...

Also feel so many players have false handicaps if you will.

That's why they quit, to protect the hadicap.  Sure they can string together 3 or 4 holes and go 3-4 under, but its the whole game they lack, hence they quit!

• Shigetaro
    2 Posts
    Thu, Oct 20 2011 10:47 AM

I think it is important to separte players w/ real hadicaps and those that have false one's.  A handicap is standard in that it levels the playing field so less experienced golfers can compete w/ more experienced but still have the same chance of winning (hence different tees and speeds of greens).   The handicap is only taken after about ten complete rounds of golf.  ALL scorces must be recorded for the handicap to be true.  When people quit a round b/c is would hurt their hadicap, they inadventenly are setting themselves up for a false hadicap, and false sense of their game.  Hence they cannot digest a d/t bogey b/c they were way to aggressive, and quit b/c they are now even par!  They cannot play complete games w/o continually hurting their hadicap.

• scottwalden
    1 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2011 12:58 AM

I agree about the quitters, not only do they look like prima donas,by quitting doesnt it lower everyone else in the games posible ranking change, or at at least delay any advancement. Also you spend time waiting on all kind of delays like slow players, pc problems etc. , and then people quit during your best game, and yove just wasted two hours because the game freezes. WGT SHOULD IMPOSE PENALTIES ON THOSE WHO QUIT BECAUSE OF A BAD SHOT, OR TWO, OR THREE. ... Also there should be a public list with names posted of quitters, for all players to see, then see who wants to play them.  They are afraid to lose their ranking for what.... sitting on their a---- and pushing their mouse button at the proper time, your right.... sheesh

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2011 4:07 AM

scottwalden:
    WGT SHOULD IMPOSE PENALTIES ON THOSE WHO QUIT BECAUSE OF A BAD SHOT, OR TWO, OR THREE. ... Also there should be a public list with names posted of quitters, for a

when pigs fly

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Oct 22 2011 10:45 AM

I have probably been a master as long, if not longer than anyone on here. I have never quit one single time. I have played with hundreds of people of all levels. I feel confident,  that any one who knows me on this game, would never accuse me of being a quitter or a sandbagger. I play just for the fun and meeting great people. I have never played a single game for credits or money, so I have no reputation or stats to protect. I grind my butt off trying to advance for my personal satisfaction. I have spent a great deal of time and money on WGT. Just look at my score history, it proves I have nothing to hide or protect. As long as it is taking me to make TM, that is my ultimate goal. I won't live long enough to worry about Legend Status, and if I do, it won't matter. I sure as hell won't be talented enough to have that title.

RSS