Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Gift golf balls

Mon, Feb 13 2023 4:43 PM (40 replies)
  • Firstmrmax
    824 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2021 8:48 AM

Especially since WGT doesnt want us making friends with a forced 45 sec shot clock, then they have the odacity to try to trick us into gifting some stanger you have never talked a single word with to just giving them money to profit them and WGT, haha.

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Sun, Mar 28 2021 12:10 PM

Hint...there is 2 buttons....don't click the one that says GIFT.

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2021 7:16 AM

They have at least Made it a little easier for you not to gift By accident

• Jimmyx3x3x3
    7 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2022 1:44 AM

Hello there, please  can anyone tell me how to request a gift ball from my opponent after a game?

• Imahacker58
    366 Posts
    Fri, Mar 18 2022 12:34 AM

So essentially you want advice on how to beg? Watch videos or do surveys or heaven forbid get out the credit card like everybody else. I have gifted balls a few times but no way I would send some to anyone who begged for them.

Lol, and I definitely wouldn’t send Bridgestone.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Fri, Mar 18 2022 3:41 AM

This Thread brought a tear to my eye,. And it had nothing to do with gifting balls or opinions. I saw Casey had made a comment in the thread, Man I miss him.

• HamdenPro
    2,413 Posts
    Sun, Mar 20 2022 1:07 PM

Due to my then current state, I replied to a very old post...oops..

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sun, Mar 20 2022 1:28 PM

Jimmyx3x3x3:

Hello there, please  can anyone tell me how to request a gift ball from my opponent after a game?

LMFAO...yeah, like I do with my buds after we play a round at the club...

"Yo dudes...don't forget to drop me a sleeve of those ProV1s as I hit too many in the water today...and while you're at it, pickup the lunch tab too".  (Notice I left out the word "please").

• rkearns469
    25 Posts
    Sun, Mar 20 2022 8:55 PM

I am not opposed to gifting I have replaced a few sleeves of balls to a player who was having a really bad day, and I was gifted a driver I still use. WHAT I don't like is WGT moving the buttons around so they aren't always where you expect them. Sponsor? Gift? Coin Room? Sure I want to play Monaco instead of Paris, just because I'm distracted.

• konakika
    8 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2023 8:16 PM

I have never been gifted balls but have given some ams cheap balls. It is a revenue driver for WGT when/if players accidentally gift balls by clicking the wrong button at the end of the match.  I have done it before being in a hurry during a 30 minutes sponsorship session.

This particular Level 114 Tour Legend player (below) has asked me multiple times to gift him (400 credit) balls as I was teeing off and today I took a screen shot.  If you don't respond to his chat, he won't ask any further during that particular round. 

I just wish WGT would remove this auto gifting of golf balls at the end of the match as we can gift clubs, balls, etc. at our discretion anyway. 

What's strange is that some players do not have the auto gift balls at the end of a match?  I wonder how often I'm auto asking for balls at the end of the round?

RSS