Help › Forums

Re: BUG

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 2 2009 12:31 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2009 6:25 AM

Agree with Marioh. The issue, in many (most?) cases, is probably on both sides. That is, this game could be designed better so that the spikes occur less frequently if at all.

Doug: just because (you think) you close all programs and all windows does not mean no programs are running on your computer. You can have dozens of processes running invisibly in the background, while no program window is open on the Windows taskbar. For example, the internal Explorer program on your machine (if you have Windows) is running constantly, and you can't normally switch it off; and it's been known to crash. Same goes for your antivirus software: it's active all the time. (Didn't, in fact, someone report in these forums that they later found out the meter lags on their machine were caused by Norton antivirus software performing some unannounced and normally invisible routines in the background?)

Guess I'm just a lucky guy having little issues with WGT on this 3-year-old notebook. In contrast, I can't play TWO on this machine at all; can't see the ball, nonsense camera views. I tested the local version of the TW game on this notebook, too; the same Pebble Beach holes that are unplayable for me in the online version, displayed perfectly for me in the local version of the game. I could always see the ball & all the camera views were correct, so that's some proof for me that the issue is on TWO makers' end. (Unity Web Player?)

• jcksnghst
    71 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 12:20 PM

I am tired of my comp being abused in here. some times it's less than 1gb ram and stdy cpu(spikes only when page turning etc.) others it's taxing it to it's limit. I have a dual. any further info/input from anyone?

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 12:37 PM

Check the following linked thread:

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/5059.aspx

The difference for me (or at least yesterday) was like night and day.   It brought me back to the pre-BPB days where I could actually enjoy the game, and not fight it continually.

I'm going to see how it goes tonight as well, but if it's as good as yesterday, then I'll be convinced that Tibbets has found the "smoking gun".

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 1:44 PM

Firefox is generally hogging the majority of the CPU.  If the CPU is running at 95%, firefox is responsible for 87% of it every single time.  Doesn't matter what browser I use, the results are the same.  I imagine the majority of folks with this problem have very similar results.  It's not likely for 80% of the people to have spyware and/or background service issues.

Being aware of what server I'm on has helped out a little bit.  I have a chance to play a clean multiplayer game on the good servers.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 12:31 AM

I use Firefox as a browser and the amount of ram being used is roughly 400 Mega-Bytes during game play.  Now as for Cpu utilization it is as follows;

1) 13% on the tee

2)  17% on the fairways

3) 50-60% when I'm on the greens.

So, as for the meter issues on my computer it is definitely not related to computer resources.  Note, none of my services have been shut down to reduce CPU load. What I've been experimenting with is adjusting CPU utilization to above normal in the task manager for Firefox when I play golf.  This seems to help but does not eliminate the problem.

• PAGES
RSS