Help › Forums

Re: 7i is broken again - raptures

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 29 2009 10:43 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2009 2:32 PM

Icon, I have the same problem. Only it was so bad after a few weeks with them, I finally trashed the whole set. They worked great for a couple of weeks, then went South! Bought the new G10 master set, and they work fine so far. The 7i is always short, never ever long, and the rest of them were so bad with the deviations, I gave up on them! That was hard to do, the meter is to fast for me on the rest, but they do a much better job overall than the Raptures!

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2009 6:42 PM

Hey Duck,

Watch out for the Ping Master 8i... not as frequent but it still happens like the 7i in other sets... I've hit several inexplicable lame ducks with it! (pardon the pun)

For the record I agree completely with Iconian, there always has been and still is a problem with the 7i in most sets (as I have used most sets).  It is very sporadic in nature happening more on certain holes than others, but it is definitely there!  It seems to be more of a distance thing (right around 140 yards with tail wind to an elevated surface) which just happens to fit the 7i distance in most sets.

Lee

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Fri, Aug 28 2009 6:50 PM

I was wondering where the bruises came from! Now I know not to play in the group in front of you!! : )

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2009 10:43 AM

Well remember BP #1 has that slope you hit into, which kills the ball with any club. 7iron gets a lot of spin from the loft, plus that hole seems to always play a bit further than it says in my experiences. Try no BS, or club up with full BS. 9 and 18 on Kiawah I always play 1 club higher too.. not trying to argue or saying you're wrong, but I've never had a problem with the 7iron...Maybe I just haven't noticed...? meh, who knows.

i know what you are saying, but i am not looking to be in the 'area' i am looking to get the best out of the clubs...

none of us knows the mechanics of how these clubs work, but lets assume the following:

assuming the club is 145, means you should get aprox 130 carry anf 15 run. maybe 125 carry and 20 run when you hit it with NS. when you use ts u should get 4-7 yards less carry and more run and same for backspin.

ssuming that 8mph tail wind gives u extra 5 yards with NS and assuming that #1 has upslope, so those 5 yards before, say 2 yards...

which means the 137 with 8 down (maybe it was 6 but lets use 8 for now) becomes a 135 yard hole:

withthatsaid, then full 145 with BS should fly 135 and run 10. i hit mine 140 speed and it flew 126 and ran 2.

if you would hit 130 bs it would bewithin 2 yards of my 145 club. and it should not.

same applies on #9 kiwaah. u have about 2-3 yards where you can land and it hops on the green while others run through 15 yards and others stay 9-12 behind. so when i get my 145 bs, i need it to fly that distance. not 5 yards short, becasue no way u can choken on a 160 club that has slower tragectory and stop it close!

• PAGES
RSS