Forums

Help › Forums

Re: buying and equipping bag with new balls

Sat, Feb 5 2011 5:25 AM (7 replies)
  • puttersman
    240 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2011 11:22 AM

When I have 1 or 2 balls left in my bag, lets say of any color, but the same brand and I go and purchase a few more sleeves of balls, why do they not add these new balls to the total of the same color I already have in my bag. Would this be too much to ask. Instead they are listed separately, meaning you have a bunch of single balls in your bag or are forced to play a game with the one ball and get caught in the game running out and not being able to switch over. It can't be that difficult of a programing problem for the game to recognize that you already have those balls in your bag and simply add them up. Any thoughts on this.

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2011 11:38 AM

puttersman:

When I have 1 or 2 balls left in my bag, lets say of any color, but the same brand and I go and purchase a few more sleeves of balls, why do they not add these new balls to the total of the same color I already have in my bag. Would this be too much to ask. Instead they are listed separately, meaning you have a bunch of single balls in your bag or are forced to play a game with the one ball and get caught in the game running out and not being able to switch over. It can't be that difficult of a programing problem for the game to recognize that you already have those balls in your bag and simply add them up. Any thoughts on this.

Are you sure you are buying the same exact ball? Because it always adds the balls that I buy to my existing stock. It has to be the exact same ball of the exact same color. The game doesn't mix different color balls of the same type together. They are treated as completely different balls. I learned my lesson on this early on. I had 1 pink tour GI-
    S ball left and bought a sleeve of  light blue tour GI-S balls and when my pink ball reached the end of it's life I expected the game to default to the light blue ball because it was the same type. It did not. It defaulted to the free ball. So remember to buy not just the same type of ball but also the same exact color.

• harely
    7 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2011 11:39 AM

I have to agree with Puttersman, all newly purchased balls should be added to the ones you already have. Can you fix this problem.

• puttersman
    240 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2011 1:08 PM

Thanks for your reply, yes I buy the exact same balls and color each and every time .I understand what you are saying, and that makes sense, However that is not my situation but I am about to buy some again now and I will see what happens.

Thanks.

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Sat, Jan 15 2011 4:15 PM

puttersman:

Thanks for your reply, yes I buy the exact same balls and color each and every time .I understand what you are saying, and that makes sense, However that is not my situation but I am about to buy some again now and I will see what happens.

Thanks.

ok. i'm not sure what your problem might be then. I just bought 2 more sleeves of the pink Tour GI-S balls and they were added to my stock like always.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Jan 17 2011 6:55 PM

Yeah same for me , i use the G13-S and before I run out I always stock up again.

The new stock is always added when i run out of the old.

One question i DO have though..

Do the balls lose their effectiveness when the durabilty shown is in the red?

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Mon, Jan 17 2011 7:14 PM

SHRUDE:
    Do the balls lose their effectiveness when the durabilty shown is in the red?

no

• Craktskull
    117 Posts
    Sat, Feb 5 2011 5:25 AM

Similar question, hardly worth a new thread.

I bought a sleeve each of the new Calloway balls.  Tried one for a round, then switched to the others.  Stayed with the second sleeve as I liked them a little more.  As the 3rd ball was reaching the end of it's life, I just assumed the game would allow me to choose from the other balls in my bag (the other Calloways), however, it gave me the crappy starter ball with no way to switch.

Why can't I choose from balls already in my bag, without having to ditch the round and start all over again?

Pretty easy programming code, I suspect:  "Ball taken out of play, which ball would you like to use now?"  If there's no option, you get el crappy ball....but.....if you have something else, why not allow us to choose one of them?

RSS