Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Ok Alt shot is pretty good. What do you want next?

Tue, Jan 11 2011 2:27 AM (39 replies)
  • Bassdriver
    1 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2011 6:39 PM

Yes I agree, but we need to keep a card on people that bail out of a game,, they need to be penalized for it, whether its a CR, or time limit penalty, they need to be punished somehow.

I played six alternate shot games today and completed only one because people bailed, its frustrating. WGT needs to take action on people that dont complete a game, set a time of one hour or so before they can re-enter another game or hit them another way with warnings, but its got to stop, its wasting my time and other peoples time when we are trying to have a great game and fun.

Please concider what I request and if you agree with me, then post it also yourselves, thank you....

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2011 8:04 PM

luckysump:
    i'd like a Ashton Martin DB9,  Yea i know its nowt to do with Golf but i still want it.  lol

wonderful idea, dont forget the gas card

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Sun, Jan 9 2011 8:10 PM

dandare5273:

ok, so ignore the glaring problem with the meter, how about make it level for everybody, you can only use clubs equal to your opponent, and not the 1200 credit set against starters sets. this game is full of people that have "bought" their game. 

also, everybody use the same ball. not the 110 credit set against the free ones.

i apologize from all the people who have payed money for their bought game.  if  i remember correctly we all started with those clubs, and watched as people hit the ball twice as far as i did. i can have fun with a starter set or the clubs i bought. i much prefer to play with what i bought.

with 13 ranked rounds you whine like a legend allready.

-G

no offence to non whining legends

• Quantum007
    4 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2011 12:11 AM

Why not just use your own notepad or word pad. Works for me.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2011 2:16 AM

A slightly longer chat time at the end of Alt Shot Game will be nice. Sometimes the end of a match can creep up on ya and before you can thank/congratulate everybody for the game, it's back to the main screen.

• RobNE
    74 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2011 8:46 AM

Agree with the use the same balls thing in Alt Shot.  Makes sense - we are supposed to be hitting the actual same ball after all.

But, I like  my clubs, so prefer to use them.  I've put in time to get used to them and am now reasonably comfortable to play them.  Same as folks who have used other clubs, free or bought.  If you are used to it, why not play it.  Just make the ball standard.

Just like in real golf, some folks use Ping, Callys, Wilson, Snake-Eyes, Titleist, Dunlop, Nike, you name it.  It's a matter of preference.  Also, it's not the club, it's the player: you can do well with the free stuff - you can have a howler with the most expensive stuff.

• cheeznutts
    12 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2011 10:03 AM

free cheese for all

• Noobingalltheway
    222 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2011 10:12 AM

dandare5273:
    how about make it level for everybody, you can only use clubs equal to your opponent, and not the 1200 credit set against starters sets. this game is full of people that have "bought" their game.

Ok, firstly, WGT would never do this. Put plainly, it would reduce revenue for them (why would they want to do that?)

Secondly, no-one on WGT has "bought" their game. Everyone on this game who gets good scores could do just as well with starter clubs (providing that they were playing from the starter tees, using starter wind conditions and starter greens...just as you do). The clubs here do not improve players games, put simply just about all they do (perhaps with the exception of the putter) is give extra distance, which is required in order to progress in the game ..... again, another way for WGT to make money.

People come in the forums just for a moan, and quite frankly, it's annoying when they do this when they clearly haven't got a clue about the game.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2011 11:53 AM

Nice post, noobing. Here less than a month and it looks like you started with the right attitude.  :-)

• Quantum007
    4 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2011 2:27 AM

Just wanted to tailgate your excellent response and amplify a couple of points you made. it seems to me that the 'noobs' who moan are those who have not got a clue about the REAL game of golf. 

If  WGT members do not play real golf they're probably not aware that modern drivers employ concepts to optimize the club-head design by using lightweight titanium alloys - one of the lightest metals used for golf club making. Traditional drivers made of persimmon or stainless-steel have appeared to become obsolete. Some drivers such as Callaway ERC and Cleveland Launcher 460 COMP employ even lighter composite materials in conjunction with the lighter titanium alloys.

Non-real golf players are also probably not aware that golf balls have changed significantly, too. Do they know the average driving distance of PGA players has increased 27 yards in the last ten years? Do they know that compressions of today's popular golf balls are often in the range of 70 - 80? I think not.

So, how does all this relate to the moaning of some WGT players in regard to cost or unfair advantages with regards to clubs or balls in playing WGT? Everything.

As in real-life golf, the hacker can go out and play with a cheap set of clubs or invest in the latest technology if he can afford to do so.  However, as in RL and also in WGT the best clubs in the world will not improve slicing, hooking, poor putting or bad judgement. 
    However, notwithstanding any revenue benefits to WGT in the cost of members acquiring such virtual technology, I believe their tariff reflects RL proportionately to the benefits that such technology brings. Ergo, as in RL if you want added distance, better spin control, more accurate putting, then of course you purchase the latest technology that empowers you to play better golf.

RSS