Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WGT Block the meter complainers from the forums

Fri, Dec 31 2010 7:56 AM (55 replies)
  • VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Mon, Dec 27 2010 9:19 PM

I agree with you CMcC,

I too see it in waves when scores on a ranked round start getting too far under par. Practice rounds not so much, mostly ranked rounds. And it doesnt happen all the time, it's on and off.

I've been accused of having a tinfoil hat before, and probably will again....... but I am convinced it is somehow built into the scoring algorithm, and is another method of controlling unusually low scores. I think it is wgt's way of stretching out the learning curve, and trying to hold peoples interest in the game, It is backfiring as far as I am concerned; I'm losing interest fast because it takes the talent level of the player out of the equation.

• Naughtyone
    873 Posts
    Tue, Dec 28 2010 4:53 AM

I also play the Tiger Woods golf site because of more courses offered.. 

I love this site also.. The detail and graphics are superior to ANY golf site I've seen..but it is still a beta format I believe and changes are made constantly to improve. 

Our input helps the geeks (sorry)  fix problems and add new idea's to a remarkable gaming experience.. 

Tiger's meter is round and uses the 3 click method..  I've yet to see it perform less than perfect.. 

Is it possible to incorporate the 3 click method here?  Would it help by not having to move the mouse as we do now??   Who knows...  Thanx for letting mee vent...

Constance  "Connie"  Le'mond..aka..Naughtyone

• W000T
    104 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2010 3:29 AM

6packmike:

Every day it seems there is one or two new threads on this and they sound like wgt slamming and attempts to give them a bad name.

Complaining about complaining, now that just made my day. =D

• EdwardRo
    191 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2010 3:58 AM

LOL, maybe if they fixed what most all players complain about these post would change, o by the way i would use very cheap balls from 12-31-2010 until after the new year, or just don't play at all, seems like weekends and holidays the balls really disappear

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2010 7:01 AM

EdwardRo:

LOL, maybe if they fixed what most all players complain about these post would change, o by the way i would use very cheap balls from 12-31-2010 until after the new year, or just don't play at all, seems like weekends and holidays the balls really disappear

Exactly. The meter issue is by far the worst problem in WGT IMO and it must be fixed, one way or another. Yesterday I lost 3 balls (ok, one was because of clumsyness) and that is 118 credits. I propose that the "lost balls" is put back, not in our bag, but in our equipment so we can add them in the next round. It is not acceptable that we, as betatesters, have to pay for bugs in the software. The balls wear out so they still earn a lot of money on them.

• Kaloke
    232 Posts
    Fri, Dec 31 2010 7:56 AM

I haven't had too much problems with the meter. Every once in a while it studders and I end up in the water or deep rough, but only like 1 in about 4 or 5 games. My problem is putting, all of a sudden I can't seem to putt anymore. I was putting great, now all of a sudden I am 3 and 4 putting. I even went back to my starter putter. Don't know what the problem is but I hope I figure it out soon. :)

RSS