Help › Forums

Re: Alternate Shote & Concede Hole/Putt

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 8 2011 2:28 PM (49 replies)
  • Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 9:26 PM

WGTicon:

There is no concede hole in the AS format. Maybe down the line but now right now.

That is a shame.  Gimme and concede hole will be great additions to the AS format.

Warren

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 9:54 PM

WGT great addition this alternate shot mode. SOOO much fun. Good job with this update. Still dont like the drinks but they arent me. Also like the concede the hole option. And I noticed oakmont is in the ready go's. How about  the CC's. Any chance? Anyways great game. Thank you.

• woodrowwilson
    22 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 10:44 PM

Finally! Nice work WGT. You do read my posts!

• 6packmike
    235 Posts
    Tue, Dec 14 2010 11:55 PM

wildbirds:

I like the "concede the hole" concept and applaud it but the putt concede is not really necessary on every single putt and should only be available when a putt is within an agreeable distance such as 2, 3 or 5 feet.  Make the players decide if they even want it to be asked and how far to ask it to appear for option.  Personally I like the challenge of hitting all putts in and don't want my putts being determined by someone that don't really even know my game!!!  It gives me the practice putting in which I may need later in the match.

In real match play there is the option to concede any putt and strategy can be involved. If you want your opponent not to putt so that he doesn't get the practice that is your option so why get discouraged when wgt is making it even more lifelike? Sure a five footer will look even more challenging when the game is on the line later, but that was the days of the old less realistic and undeveloped way. Also if you had a bad time in the rough and are sitting four or five on the green inside your opponent, then you know if they are sitting two you can concede a very long putt to save much time especially if they are a good putter. So no limit on the length of putts imo

• RUSTY40
    255 Posts
    Wed, Dec 15 2010 12:17 AM

wildbirds:

I will concede any putt of any distance if I can be sure of a win.  Ex:  I have 3 ft for a birdie and my opponent is 10 feet away for a bogie.  Why would I not concede that 10 ft putt?  If I can't  at least 2 putt for a win from 3 feet  then I deserve to half the hole. Besides being a strategic tool it can save needless strokes and time.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Wed, Dec 15 2010 1:31 AM

NIce update! My friends and I are having trouble with the rematch feature, as in we cant get it to work

• GoodyChamp
    595 Posts
    Wed, Dec 15 2010 2:39 AM

Well done WGT, alternate shot is a gr8 addition.

• TextMyPC
    232 Posts
    Wed, Dec 15 2010 3:41 AM

Wow, I gotta say...Wow

Great addition to the game.

Now can you reduce the deviation so the shot goes where you expect it?

TMPC

• acesman6
    56 Posts
    Thu, Dec 16 2010 6:46 AM

Many thanks WGT for a great update, it has caused quite a buzz around the United Nations Country Club. All the members are really enjoying the alternate shot format. 

I wonder if there are plans to introduce a fourball matchplay format in the near future ??

Once again great work.

Acesman6

Vice Chairman

United Nations CC. 

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sat, Jan 8 2011 2:28 PM

I too, like so many others, am really enjoying the latest changes.......However, besides adding the concede option for alternate shot, I would like to see some sort of incentive to be the winning team other than just a win/loss record.....If I am missing something please let me know.

couple ideas for the winning team

1. extra level points bonus
    2. replenish your game balls hits counter

Im all about playing for the fun of it, but give us something to play for. 

WGT keep up the good work.......really enjoy the site even with the little meter quirks here and there.

RSS