Forums

Help › Forums

Re: VALLEY of the SUN C C invites

Wed, Apr 7 2021 5:14 AM (386 replies)
  • pdb1
    21,255 Posts
    Wed, Oct 14 2020 7:42 PM

This is the new " TRAILBLAZER " pic and trophy page .

This is the new Derived from .

SidersBest  Is this WGT's oldest active player?

and

TRIBUTES : TO TRAILBLAZERS & ORIGINALS WHERE TO BEGIN

P.S. this may be the longest page in WGT

• pdb1
    21,255 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2020 8:17 AM

I have stopped gathering lists . Of anything here in WGT . I've done enough .

The wind has been taken from my sails .

This will end my efforts here in WGT .

But with the high sense of accomplishment that I have always felt in my efforts .

That would be showing my appreciation for the accomplishments and efforts and goodwill of those that effect so many all over WGT .

This was part of what I did as a CC owner for so many years . Recognizing every accomplishment , move up in tier , lowest score , in some cases highest score , personal bests , tournament wins , participation , helpfullness , availabilty , dedication , humor , knowledge , etc , etc .

I witnessed first hand the immense effect of happiness , motivation , appreciation . These would bring .

And over the years noticing and recognizing and awarding some of the WGT Universe for some of their contributions .

That's all I wanted to do in those efforts .

Of course besides enjoying the fight and climb and addiction of the journey of the game here in WGT .

The learning and knowledge and participation in the Forums . Has been an experience of a lifetime .

As an owner I loved the interaction , participation , competitiveness of not only all of the many formats and tourneys that WGT provided .

But for me even that wasn't enough . I created more events .

In CC match and stroke play titles . Where CC members challenged other members for the titles .

Embedded CHALLONGE Brackets on the weekends . Played in my website . Which drew not only CC members . But also players from all over WGT .

The Valley of the SUN CC vs CC interplay . Where we challenged and played some of the top and funnest CC's in WGT .

We had the coolest BLITZ event . That went on forever . All 25 Blitz courses . 5 per week . 5 weeks per season . I don't remember how many seasons . Maybe 50 .

I had even more ideas . But it wasn't practical . Players commitment to WGT was already a huge part of their life . To add too many more events and tournaments and another website . Was taking it too far . But it was fun for years for sure .

These are excerpts from the first page in the thread .

This is the final updated list of the mini trophy's for the 462 " TRAILBLAZERS "

now on the next page

Here are some of the random WGT GR8's awards through the years .WGT outstanding standouts . Various fun and incredible contributions to the WGT Universe.

now on the next page

WGT KICK ASS 1st POSTER awards. This to encourage and welcome new Forum posters . As it was at times a somewhat negative experience . I am happy to say that it seemed to work quite well .

now on the next page

Here is a small index to view various other lists .

" TRAILBLAZER " The full list of full size " TRAILBLAZER " trophys is on page 3. In SidersBest Is this WGT's oldest active player?

The full list of " TRAILBLAZER " is on page 2 . In this thread . TRIBUTES : TO TRAILBLAZERS & ORIGINALS WHERE TO BEGIN

The full list of " TRAILBLAZER " avatars is on page 6 . In the thread TRIBUTES : TO TRAILBLAZERS & ORIGINALS WHERE TO BEGIN .

The above page links are now on this page

A couple large lists of the GR8 CC from which many of the " TRAILBLAZER " were found in . Page 3 . of the thread . THANX TO THE GR8 CC's.

Another list is is the 7 years of wall posts I saved in my website . Not all but most are there . The list of WGTers that posted various comments and conversations is found in

I BUILT THE WALL . Along with a link to the wall .

The next list is a thank you post to all the friends i golfed with . GOLF WITH FRIENDS

This list I tried to capture the avatars and profile pics of just about everyone I encountered and helped to encourage me along the way . NOT FROM THE SHORT LIST.

On page 42 . In the thread MIA - Where are they?. I pay tribute to many that had disappeared , passed . got lost and came back , but was missed , etc , etc . By putting faces , avatars and profile pics to their names .

In my CC Corner thread .VALLEY of the SUN C C ( a look back at VOTSCC & WGT)

on page 35 . There is a list of 167 Main Forum Posts , Threads , Links , Videos . Of all sorts . That may or may not interest you at all .

And of course my website . Which has been many things for me over the years . For the many uses it has for me . It will remain open forever for the use and entertainment of anyone that happens by .

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/

All of this is for enjoyment , memories , appreciation , tributes , recognition , entertainment , etc , etc . And gratitude for my fond memories .

I wish the GR8 WGT Universe all the best in the future .

this is not my last post but my days are numbered

I wonder if I should just post all my lists here in this thread ? Sounds fun .

this is page 1 of that

• pdb1
    21,255 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2020 12:31 PM

Rather than having to click back and forth to various pages in many different threads .

I am going to start compiling the lists to here . Which is as good as my homepage .

"TRAILBLAZER " Links , lists , trophy's , pics , avatars .

The stories and responder's to to these . Can be found in .

and

Is this WGT's oldest active player?

My latest project . Seeking out the players with pre 2010 start dates that are mostly still active . Not an easy task . I have looked at over 4000 profiles . And found about 462 players that fit the criteria . So far . I don't know how far or how many I will end up finding . I hope to reach 500 . But this will be my last major task here . . As of 10/6/2020 I have stopped looking .

Here are the 462 " TRAILBLAZERS " .  As of 10/6/2020.

dschom5
    IRISHKING1916
    Fuzzygazz
    thunderbird
    putter2eyes
    bonz
    2dwn
    claremoreblue ,
    garyk49 .
    Beryman
    mmillings
    vabighack
    iconian
    KyRock75
    BolloxInBruges
    jeffdos924
    TaterNater
    Kaslo
    ColumbusStorm
    JrPapa
    DaveDwingdale
    opyeuclid
    JJ656
    RichJohn
    Bradness
    KnuckleWoods
    MrEd
    tygerjr
    overtheedge
     woogster
    Iceats
    mohaviegreen
    brysoni23
    JimbeauC
    YankeeJim
    Shephard
    RyanKCantrell
     sligocreek
    Rayc1
    Darrell3210
    derjohvan
    gr8flbob
    lyznat
    Golfspieler
    gtownmohawks
    alturner3
    gregorywinbush
    olazabal
     Kosberg
    MADMAN17
    mgsvz
    Hightower3
    BigKnight
    poolmaniac6
     tseeqhim
    headhacker
    Jerm65
    GOLFHAWK
    deeez-nutts
     Bigmuggsy
    KennyPerry
    dharby
    bluey403
    yzermn
    NCJacket11
    JuanMendoza
    jobycat
    spozz1
    ThreeSpot
    Joeyola
    KevinKO
    zagraniczniak
    borntobesting
    PugsAce
    bassomatic
     BIGAL123
    Fubar057
    BeRite
    harmonator
    Badboo
    shu1
    Psalms139
    hammertrucking:
    dennisd567
    boozybob1
    denissca
    LuisPinto
    pawof2
    shonkster
    la1state
     ggeshaper1
    rockcityman

SeattleSue

Lgacord

Tcushman

Klickweltmeister
    Stevieg314
    Stip
    Bogeyplus
    Rightin
    Ironton
     smittji
     PRIESTESS
    marcbgd
    Dave1953
    PainterDude
    shellersperk
    herbrayles
    bwander
    Redemporor
    duffer5150
    BogeyOne
    sfcoquille
    umgant11
    Zumavon
    fishing4eagles
    Gertau
    Sifu2U
    VIJAYBIRDEE
    607papa
    tonyb2004
    thestevster
    cmurphy1
    Duke007style
    tpgunn
    THEMASTER1
    adamsaid
    dkgunte
    Pauldriver
    teebank
    charly01
    tigerthriller
    gowaylo
    TarheelsRule
    S00NERorL8r
    simovoice
    cappiest
    Trinbagoboy
    TMcCracken
    proeng71
    biggunky
    golfer420
    bigcountry317
     inkep1962
    rc7777itsme
    Oaktown
    T8erSalad
    KeithJ
    JMH1
     vrooomed
    plg1
    korion450
    xxblueeyesxx
    one1255
    CaptMick
    doccowart
    SexyEric
    Muddywaterman
    TDHarvey
    pekk24
    Finks
    gavd999
    dano691
    bfrogers60
    ItsAboutTimeGuy
    wayne5347
     TWilliamsJr
    Golfdawg01
    Naugahyde

bigdan1000

Arpie

chrrec

COSMOS2K8

DaTurk

chemmy

MoldSouvenir

norden

TigerBerni

Rudi299

Wiggywiggy
    marco680
    fisgum
    Wynndogg
     Lasky1979
    mreddy
    Greengene66
    Huysamen
     Muokdog
    gallegos832
    rdoug
    igiveup
    Cotton949
    Thejazzman
    SteveOx
    fjtuba
    mustang71
    jkline49
    roxburyhellboy
    Stumpstaa
    baseline527
    JLadenburg
    Icemanrr2003
    RABky
    flicklives
    AYUMI
    pauldickson
    makaveliveson
    shooter21947
    BIGDAWG72
    momyma
    Jesusdyd4u
    kjmurphy21
    tomtoms
    skate82
    kardinal
    ozysouthpaw
    reddog1965
    Guzz612
    toyl
    Windmarkbob
    JerodBolt
    cardura9
     ds813
    nofear2
    DavidWooten
    DEVIOUSDAV
    Radawg
    solmax18
    Bruen
    luquitas04
    poptart802
    Toadman5052
    DrJ101
    bagman110
    johnbohner
    PGOODY
    budman58
    welder1
    Diego902
    warnerpowered
    zabelingreen
    SteveLuzzatto
    howard1974
    McBall
    2LURIDE
    dansamcam
    eivets
    PortsD
    pauls
    CASH11
    JohnHancock
    alangardner
    silences
    slimline
    Russelllee
    broroderick
    Jeffster
    ASP0315
    Lefty2004
    dlgolfer20
     Fairwayman55
    ppezoldt
    coach47803
    InterCad
     kennyc1st
    SOFBALL24
    sunrise355
    Dopy
    Bigcallo
    Ohjoy40
    NBrenner
    RWHERO
    vaklein
    Dadedave
    sterlingbills
    SturgisW
    JTgator69
    Macker22
    sharkeyez

The full list of full size trophy's will be in the next post .

• pdb1
    21,255 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2020 12:38 PM

Here are the trophy's

Congrats guys .

• pdb1
    21,255 Posts
    Sun, Oct 18 2020 10:26 AM

As I have mentioned before . My website https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/. Has become a ghost town . That is literally . I used to say virtually . But virtually it is not .

I have a program that tells me " statistics " of all activity by members . Since none of the 365 members use the site . Except on occasion . Yesterday I found the first member online in years . He was one of my best and favorite players in VOTSCC . We had a nice chat . But that is so rare . I am sure it will never happen again .

I do notice however . A steady stream of guests online . Anywhere from 14 to 44 online at all times . Since my " Statistics " program does not register those . I thought I should find a way to count them .

So I installed a Website Guest Counter on 9/25/2020 .

It shows that in 24 days 102 different guests ( it won't count the same guest twice ) have visited the website . And by my observation . Most of them linger for good amounts of time .( which accounts for the online count going from 25 to 35 but the counter only goes up by 5 ). Return guests are not counted

I also added a Website Page Counter . On 10/10/20 . It shows 71 pages in 8 days . That doesn't seem like many to me . But some of my pages are very long . Lol .

Average of about 25 new guests at all times .

Have viewed an average of 9 pages per day for the last 8 days . ( I am not sure of the accuracy of the page counter ) . That seems quite low .

Even though these guests do not register . I am happy to know that a good handful of people are visiting and I hope enjoying the site .

And the fact that over 7500 viewers/guests have come to read The 2016 Andyson First Memorial Tournament .

Normally I would not care about this . I do not subscribe to any of the features available to me to increase website usage . Even though they are free .

Whether or not there is any significant usage of the site . It will remain open forever .

Mostly for my personal use . Storage and image hosting are my primary commonly used almost daily features .

pdb1 wrote the following post at Thu, Aug 20 2020 9:24 AM:

pdb1:

At some point earlier this year . Some kind of a " bug " let's call it . Corrupted some of my forums in my website .

I was kind of complaining about the amount of work involved in restoring the damaged ares .

Someone asked me

He asked "

Maybe it's time to let it go Paul. Does your website get enough traffic to warrant the maintenance?

So I thought about it .

The short answer is no . If you go by the number of registered users . Practically none of them use the site . The total of posted messages may as well be zero . Most of that 8701 was back when the site was used . That is still a low number .

If you pay attention to the number of guests online , At all times . Even though they are anonymous . It is a steady number . All the time . But even in our hey day 107 was quite busy for a single unknown site .

If you consider the all time views . Of the large handful of what I consider to be classic , interesting , or worthy forums or posts . Posts that when viewed . Should be of a readable and comprehensive , enjoyable , interesting content .

In the example above . The first memorial . One that meant more to many WGTers . Than practically any other event in WGT's history .

This memorial was and is one of my special projects .

This one in particular combines the art work , the sign up , the stroke play , the match play . All the way to the finish . All in one long post . In color . On one very long page .

In that regard . It is most justifiable to maintain , repair , or whatever it takes to keep them enjoying the material .

I very much doubt that 7500 WGTers would search the WGT forums and read page after page of these events .

Even if the interaction and comments , respect , and love is still there in the WGT forums .

The way I created , edited , and presented them . Is a much more enjoyable read . 

Before the corruption . Which has made them basically unreadable now .

Now after a tremendous effort . I have restored 90% of the corrupted files .

Most features are completely viewable / readable .

• pdb1
    21,255 Posts
    Mon, Oct 19 2020 7:17 PM

This next list will be from the post . I BUILT THE WALL .

This wall list is the first big list I compiled .

I have copied and pasted enough to boggle ones mind . Just what I have saved here in WGT is enormous .

If you have ever seen my website . You know all that is nothing compared to what I put into that as I built it from scratch  5 , 6 , 7 years ago .

One of the coolest projects . Is one that I called " THANKS FOR A WALL OF A GOOD TIME " .

In 2013 I started saving my wall posts to a forum in my site . All of them . Or most anyway . Coulda missed a few . It was going real well . Until I decided to up the security in my website . By activating my SSL Certificate .

Basically

You can have a secure internet address (HTTPS) for free. Your community will be able to access your forum in an entirely secured way. In addition, sites secured via an SSL certificate benefit from a better SEO. A 301 redirection will be implemented as soon as it is activated (http to https).

As that might be a good idea for some . I decided , not so much for me .

One critically bad issue I had with it . Was that it corrupted the profile pics in all 5 years and 5 long pages of the WGT users in my wall posts .

All of them . Hundreds of them . Permanently . No changing back . And according to the " support " they don't believe the SSL Certificate was the culprit . Anyway above every post there was this .....

And no avatar . F... A DUCK !

Not going to let that ruin it . I vowed to restore " THANK YOU FOR A WALL OF A GOOD TIME ".

By deleting the bad code from every post . And reducing the dozens of new post entries to just a few .

I did that .

I found a couple of things . One was the posts all looked funny without their avatar .

Which was another cool thing about my original effort . Was that in my website . WGT profile pics don't change when you change them here . So I had a lot of posts that had various members old pics . I thought that was a bonus cool . But now all of them were gone .

Next I worked on restoring a profile pic to everyones post . That's over 300 WGTers . Some of them with multiple and dozens of posts . These will be all of their current pics .

The other problem I found was when I copied a group of wall posts . I often overlapped to be sure I didn't miss one . Well that added up to dozens of duplicates . Which had to go .

The other thing was that the WGT wall posts are dated from latest to earliest top to bottom . That had to change to earliest to latest top to bottom .

So rather than get too anal about it . Each month is a mixture .

IE . jan 12

jan 20

jan 5

jan 6

jan 27 etc , etc .

Alright . Now is when I emphasize that those years of wall posts had a GR8 amount of significance to me . And you . And to all almost 300 WGTers that posted to my wall for years .

I just want to thank you .

The following list is a fairly complete list of wall posters . If you find yourself on this list . Then you at some point posted on my wall .

I have also renamed the forum . It is now called . " THE NEW LONG WALL " .You can see those posts . By clicking below .

THE NEW LONG WALL.

Go ahead and check it out . It is now only 1 long page . I think you will enjoy it . 

If anyone is interested in viewing more . Feel free . There is only one forum not accessible to non registered users . It is ...

I realize this isn't as big of a thing for anyone else . I like that I did it . And I like all the positive feedback . I even like the negative . But for the most part I love positive interaction .

There is more content in . I BUILT THE WALL .

• pdb1
    21,255 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2020 4:13 PM
    • GOLF WITH FRIENDS the thread
    •   I have always said that golfing with WGT friends and players already on WGT . Is one of the GR8est features available .

The myriad of people we have the opportunity to interact with . To share with . To learn from . To joke with . To converse with . To give and take . To learn about other cultures .

People speaking other languages have instant translators now . One can have a conversation with anyone from all over the world . I can guarantee you will meet people from more places than you knew was possible .

I suggest that people think a little harder before declining an invite . The chances are that you will not have another opportunity to play with that player again . The odds are against it . If you do not know the player .

Try to invite more yourselves . You already know how fun it is .

In the " JOIN A GAME " . You don't even have to invite . You just join on in with 3 or 2 or 1 new and likely unknown players . Play what will be a fun and inspiring round . With the possibility of ending up with 1 or 2 or 3 new friends or multiplayer mates .

Keeping in mind that very soon . The already extremely difficult task of inviting , getting accepted . Or seeing and accepting an invite . In Flash because of the primitive means by which one is to be expected to be notified . By staring at a tiny little green blinking icon somewhere on a page that you happened to look away from for 45 seconds . Making inviting almost too hard to be worth it .

Keeping in mind that the already familiar but excruciating invite system . Will not be around much longer . If you think it is hard now . Try it in PCEA . Lol . Nope not even almost worth it .

With those dark days slowly but steadily closing in on us . NOW is the time to get those long procrastinated rounds with friends in .

Maybe for the first time . Maybe you already do . But now realize it is time to step it up even more .

This is absolutely intended to be a positive and encouraging post . But I shutter to think of what the future may hold for us .

Invite today . Tomorrow . Everyday until the end of the year . Or until you can no longer . That is my advice .

Paul

Wow my fastest post in years . less than 1 hour . Amazing .

• DonCaron
      5,408 Posts
      Thu, Aug 20 2020 8:04 AM

Sad, but true.

Country Club communication is a big issue also. I tried to get players to use discord, teamspeak to no avail.

No sense in country clubs anymore.

• JDGHOST
      4,014 Posts
      Thu, Aug 20 2020 8:28 AM
      pdb1:

Keeping in mind that the already familiar but excruciating invite system . Will not be around much longer . If you think it is hard now . Try it in PCEA . Lol . Nope not even almost worth it .

With those dark days slowly but steadily closing in on us

Well said ....Just another reason PCEA is just no good ...And the Country Club (at least for me) Is by far the BEST aspect of WGT ....Without the easy access to the club the already high non participant numbers of club members will only grow exponentially ....I have beat this horse to death but I will say it again....Please keep flash AVAILABLE for the members that want to continue using it PAST 2020!! ...Many of us already have ways to continue on flash indefinitely....Like Dr Malcolm said...... "Flash players will find a way"

JD

• pdb1
      20,758 Posts
      Thu, Aug 20 2020 8:29 AM
      DonCaron:

Sad, but true.

Country Club communication is a big issue also. I tried to get players to use discord, teamspeak to no avail.

I feel you Don . I battled that for years . My members were hard core dedicated to the CC . Playing in everything we could create .

But to get them in multiplayer matches was not an option . Much less Skype or any of the others .With the exception of a very few .

It was very frustrating for me . I had no right to complain . Because they were playing everything . CC tourneys , CLASHes , CC vs CC interplay .

Multiplayer isn't for everyone . But I sure love(d) it .

• DonCaron
      5,408 Posts
      Thu, Aug 20 2020 2:24 PM
      pdb1:
      DonCaron:

Sad, but true.

I feel you Don . I battled that for years . My members were hard core dedicated to the CC . Playing in everything we could create .

But to get them in multiplayer matches was not an option . Much less Skype or any of the others .With the exception of a very few .

It was very frustrating for me . I had no right to complain . Because they were playing everything . CC tourneys , CLASHes , CC vs CC interplay .

Multiplayer isn't for everyone . But I sure love(d) it .

Players play the tournaments fine. You have to have communication.

You know what it takes from EA to get to the forums, and you know the drill trying to get them to read the forums.

Your friends list works on flash, so that's gone. I can send a message on the webpage, but they wont get it on EA.

Frustrating to say the least.

• Gepetto1958
      2,768 Posts
      Thu, Aug 20 2020 3:09 PM

Think about it, there were thousands of us playing TOGETHER on PC each in our homes .... Now we can be TOGETHER in the same room with our mobiles playing ALONE.

• pdb1
      20,758 Posts
      Thu, Aug 20 2020 7:16 PM

Lol . Yes in the same room playing alone . That already happens all over the place .

When it comes to online golf . WGT PC Flash has kept ahead of others . By having as good of an accessible multiplayer as is offered .

I really oppose letting that interactive link fade away .

Once it is gone . Once PCEA becomes the main concern . Multiplayer will become obsolete .

I think it is a big mistake . I think it will be missed . Solo online playing is not enough to make a GR8 site .

5 years ago there was an estimated 60,000 plus Country Clubs on WGT . If there were only 10 players in each club . That would be 600,000 players .

I think the numbers are bigger . But I don't see those CC's migrating to PCEA .

Doesn't it appear to us that most long time players are opposed to the PCEA program ?

Have you heard me say that in my recent search through 2500 profiles . I am astounded at the high number of players that have stopped playing in the last year . Long time players . That played steady up until this last year .

Have you heard testimony from PCEA advocates . That sounded more like they were just settling . Which is exactly what they are doing .

Have you noticed the GR8 number of established players ? That are not happy with PCEA ? That feel cheated ? That will not settle .? That cannot believe WGT has gone this easy route ?

WGT only investing enough to match the mobile platform .Taking 3 steps backwards .

Not pursuing a state of the art program . Still heavily multiplayer compatible . Going beyond what flash did . And then some .

That decision will take the World out of WGT . W who ? People will say .

To make a decision like that . Must mean they had already given up on WGT . As having any sort of positive revenue . They must have taken their money and invested it in something else .

• pdb1
      20,758 Posts
      Thu, Aug 20 2020 7:35 PM

For the CC advocates . Which I am one .

CC's are all completely different . The owners , the players all have different values and agenda's . None are the same .

That is what is so valuable about CC's .

WGT will find that CC's will be very disappointed if WGT doesn't accommodate all the different needs that CC's will require in PCEA .

That is quite a lot .

But the multiplayer players . Are going to also be disappointed in this platform . Multiplayer seekers do not need to be in a CC . Or they can be . But if they can't invite . How will they play ? I know they can invite . It is just much harder .

I just don't get it .

• HackWilson1930
      1,363 Posts
      Fri, Aug 21 2020 4:17 AM

With the changes that have come to the game, having a method of communication outside of WGT is vital. All the more reason to have programs such as Discord or TeamSpeak or Steam in everyday use by WGT golfers.

• pdb1
      20,758 Posts
      Fri, Aug 21 2020 6:10 AM
      HackWilson1930:

With the changes that have come to the game, having a method of communication outside of WGT is vital. All the more reason to have programs such as Discord or TeamSpeak or Steam in everyday use by WGT golfers.

Yes those programs are very helpful . When you have a network of friends that agree . When those friends are on and green and responding . Then it may be easier to invite and coordinate games .

But if those friends are not available . Or not available often .

Then multiplayer will be difficult . And will not have Discord or TeamSpeak or Steam communication .

I do not know why more players are not on board those communication devices . Except for everyone knows you talk funny . Lol . No matter so do we .

But still the invite system . The ability to invite and notify , and receive and accept invites . Is a weak effort at best .

Notification could be improved . By having a notification message at the top and bottom of the screen . Or a pop up message in the middle of the screen .

or

Instead of the invisible little green icon first . That are most often missed . Or not clicked in time . By the time you get through the game client they have already given up on you . You just wasted the round you were in . If you were playing .

If you were playing . You will see a pop up . Or a notification at the top and bottom of the page .

If you are green . And not playing . That probably means you went to take a leak . Or bang the next door neighbor . And you won't see a pop up no matter how big it is .

But if you are just writing a Forum post . Or checking a leader board , etc , etc . You will see the pop up .

But you won't see the tiny green icon . And miss another invite .

Shouldn't be that hard to make a better notification . From my experience this would almost fix the invites . Making it so easy . Even a red headed step child could do it .

• bossbird
      726 Posts
      Fri, Aug 21 2020 7:47 AM

I am probably missing something here as I am a mobile player , but why can’t Wgt make the country club chat available to all players to use ? Why do we need an outside chat forum , when there is already the cc chat, all it needs is opening up to all users. 

• pdb1
      20,758 Posts
      Fri, Aug 21 2020 10:23 AM
      bossbird:

I am probably missing something here as I am a mobile player , but why can’t Wgt make the country club chat available to all players to use ? Why do we need an outside chat forum , when there is already the cc chat, all it needs is opening up to all users. 

Hi bossbird . Is the CC chat you refer to . A text chat ? Unlike the text chat in multiplayer mobile game mode ?

I think part of the benefit of the voice chats . Are the notification bell or ringer . Usually on and louder than any WGT notifications . WGT volume and sound settings are usually turned down all the way . On account of that annoying ear  piercing theme song in the game client . Lol .

The ringers  gets ones attention . That little green icon does not .

Edit I remember the CC chat in Mobile now . If I remember right . One had to scroll through the entire list of chats . To the bottom . Then post a reply . Then repeat .

But no . This thread is about the ability to actually notify a player of an invite and on the reverse , a player be able to accept invites . From any player . Whether be CC mate , friend , or not .

• SamSpayed
      2,338 Posts
      Fri, Aug 21 2020 11:21 AM
      bossbird:
      Why do we need an outside chat forum , when there is already the cc chat, all it needs is opening up to all users. 

Because outside chat programs like Discord have many more robust features (including voice chat) and are much easier to use while playing a game than WGT's cc chat.

• DonCaron
      5,408 Posts
      Sat, Aug 22 2020 7:27 AM
      SamSpayed:
      bossbird:
      Why do we need an outside chat forum , when there is already the cc chat, all it needs is opening up to all users. 

Because outside chat programs like Discord have many more robust features (including voice chat) and are much easier to use while playing a game than WGT's cc chat.

Discord is by far the best app out there for all games. I have had discord, teamspeak and telegram. All I get is excuses why they won't use it. I setup a facebook page and only 1/2 the club is interested enough to use it.

If WGT was smart, they would setup a discord on their old servers with all the space they have now from Early Access. Discord is free.

I don't see this happening, but we can dream.

• pdb1
      20,758 Posts
      Sat, Aug 22 2020 8:45 AM

DonCaron:
      If WGT was smart, they would setup a discord on their old servers

Another GR8 suggestion from an experienced long time study of the particulars of this game .

Who knows why these well thought out , efficient , improvements fall on deaf ears ?

• SamSpayed
      2,338 Posts
      Sun, Aug 23 2020 8:42 PM
      DonCaron:
      If WGT was smart, they would setup a discord on their old servers with all the space they have now from Early Access. Discord is free.

Self-hosting is not available for Discord.  And even if it were, based on what I've seen, I seriously doubt WGT would have the expertise to maintain it or deal with all the support e-mails they'd get from players having problems with it.  

• pdb1
      20,758 Posts
      Sun, Aug 23 2020 10:46 PM
      SamSpayed:
      I seriously doubt WGT would have the expertise to maintain it or deal with all the support e-mails they'd get from players having problems with it.

Good point . Throughout the Flash Beta era . 2007 til the present . They have never wanted a support role . Whether it be discord or some other voice program . I think they would avoid adding programs that would require support .

We can dream about how we wish the direction of WGT will go . But it is just a dream .

• pdb1
    21,255 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2020 5:08 PM

pdb1:

It is also the longest page in the WGT Forums . I am quite sure .

I do not know why after the " TRAILBLAZER " post any of the next posts did not go to the next page ?

Maybe when I said " I should put all my lists on one page in this thread ". They are letting me do that . Lol . jk , not .

• pdb1
    21,255 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2020 1:08 PM

Site map of the website .

• pdb1
    21,255 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2020 4:50 PM

to be used later

RSS