Forums

Help › Forums

Re: meter speed

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 10 2010 2:17 AM (4 replies)
  • chech
    6 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 6:43 PM

the only club i bought was the blue driver i bought for 300 credits.all my other clubs are standared. why is my meter so fast. is there anything i can try to slow it up a bit.

thanks, chech

• BEARlyThere
    88 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 7:27 PM

[sarcasm]

As far as i can tell, it's because this is the only game that punishes you for moving up in levels and spending money to support it.

It's like golf for masochists really.

[/sarcasm]

To help slow down the meter you can buy balls with a higher "FEEL" rating. The more dots in the "FEEL" category, the slower the meter.

• edII
    31 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 7:28 PM

chech, you might try some GI-S3 or GI-D3 balls, they have a slightly slower swing speed. Good Luck and hit em long and straight!! EdII

• TerrySpina
    30 Posts
    Thu, Sep 9 2010 8:40 PM

Don't buy the High dollar ballz...lol.. it won't matter...WGT tweaked the swing meter... use the cheap 10 cent ballz if ya must, .. I'm . just using the free ones till wgt getz their chit togeather... but try this.. put on yer Starter Ironz, and head over to the CTTH courses...lol.. starterz have an almost nonexistant swing speed ...right...lol..mine swing faster than my Master 275yard hitting , and my 222 wood combined.....

Be Safe...

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Fri, Sep 10 2010 2:17 AM

Trust me, the GI-3 balls help a lot. I just made master and bought the G10 set, and couldn't hit anything. Lost 5-8 strokes as it was hell to hit near the dingline. Then a nice soul gifted me some GI-D3 balls and the swing meter was suddenly equal to what it was with the Raptures. I even tested it.

The driver with 1-speed rating took 2.4 seconds to travel from the left-side of the meter all the way to the right. The G10 driver with 2.5 feel balls take 2.5 seconds. This matters a great deal. Not to mention on putting, where you can almost go and make yourself a cup of tea between clicking the mouse buttons.

I don't have 2-feel balls, but I would imagine they are almost as slow as the Rapture with starter balls. These may be the best value for money for people like ourselves with meter problems, as they cost a good bit less than the GI3 balls. 64 cents v 94/99.

It is of course unfortunate to in effect be dependent on slow balls now, as the normal-speed meter is nigh on impossible to get right with default balls, but they do help a lot, so I'll be trying to use them for the future.

You still have the problem with meter stuttering, but with a slow meter you have a bigger chance of hitting it roughly where you must anyway, and if you notice soon enough your brain may stop its natural tendency to click the bar so the club just swings through.

RSS