Re: Internet Connection Problems

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 3 2010 6:20 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 2:36 PM

You are welcome Bn12,

I went through it once when on DSL - I actually noticed a great improvement within only a couple of days, but still followed what they asked and let it run for a week b4 shutting it down.

Didn't have any connectivity or bandwidth issues after that, so hopefully that is all it is for you!

VHL

• Bluenose12
    2,101 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 9:40 PM

VanHalenLover:

You are welcome Bn12,

I went through it once when on DSL - I actually noticed a great improvement within only a couple of days, but still followed what they asked and let it run for a week b4 shutting it down.

Didn't have any connectivity or bandwidth issues after that, so hopefully that is all it is for you!

VHL

Yes,it has happened to me about twice in the 7 years I've had BT Broadband and once the reset the line it was laways OK.

Strange thing is it's ONLY only WGT that my connection actually cuts off,I read WGTAdmin post that they had a server problem yesterday and people playing matches were getting cut off,they said it was between 10 am & 1 pm but mine cut off around 7:45 am PST yesterday and has been doing so for a week now.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 6:20 AM

Hi again Bn12,

If you were getting the 'connection to game server...' error, that would be on WGT;s end - and it appears that they have this corrected now. Your physical line speed would have nothing to do with WGT specifically, or any other site for that matter. Sounds lie your line speed problems coupled with the separate issue that WGT had, which is now corrected.

I'm guessing your issues will be gone once that week long break in period on that modem is done!

• PAGES
RSS