Help › Forums

Re: How to Change/Add Browsers

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 5 2010 12:42 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • prousy
    12 Posts
    Sat, Jul 3 2010 7:17 AM

Hi. Thanks for the post about browsers. I'm a rookie with computer knowledge. Can you advise me how to overcome very slow loading times please.

Regards,

Prousy from Australia..well Tasmania really!

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Sun, Jul 4 2010 7:07 AM

prousy:

Can you advise me how to overcome very slow loading times please.

Hi Prousy,

Since using GameBooster, I've had extremely quick loading. There's a GameBooster forum also, if you prefer checking into it further, before trying it.

GL

PugsAce

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Mon, Jul 5 2010 12:42 PM

Ughhh... 

Tried Chrome yesterday... started out great. The issues started during my second round. I don't know whether it's the fact that Chrome brings along with it Flash 10.1, or the Chrome cache file is filled (or getting too big), or something else, but suffice to say... Using Chrome didn't help with my meter stutter, or screen jitter... and I saw some new stuff, too...

Once, during multiplay, I got a "White Screen" along with a disconnect before even getting a chance to tee-off on #1 SA, and another couple times, I had "load errors" that wouldn't quit appearing.

Was it coincidence? Was something else involved? I don't know.

I've tried "downgrading" my Flash to 10.0 by following advice posted here (to the letter) and elsewhere, to no avail. When I use Chrome, Flash 10.1 is automatically "plugged-into it" as the cryptic "resolving proxy" shows-up in the bottom-left corner of the browser window.

If only I could TRY Flash10.0 with it, maybe all would be good, but alas... I'm outta ideas to try to get that to happen. Am I missing something, or must I try a "workaround" to plug-in 10.0?

Found this while looking for help, tried it, but it didn't find my 10.0 (after I'd made sure it was installed): see italic below...

Enabling Adobe Flash Player support in Google Chrome’s stable channel

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

In March, we announced that we would be bringing improved support for Adobe Flash Player to Google Chrome. Along with driving the development of a next generation browser plug-in API, this integration will eliminate the need to install Flash Player separately and reduce the security risk of using outdated versions. In the near future, we will extend Chrome’s “sandbox” to web pages with Flash content to further protect users from malicious content.

We have been testing the integration in Google Chrome’s dev and beta channels over the last few months in order to ensure a quality experience for all our users. Over the last week, we have enabled the integration by default in the stable channel of Chrome.

Users who do not wish to use the built-in version of Flash Player in Chrome can disable the integration via the chrome://plugins manager. In this case, Chrome will fall back to the system-installed version of Flash Player, if it exists.

Posted by Jeff Chang, Product Manager

What does "system-installed version of Flash Player" mean, anyways?

Haven't given up hope just yet, however... looks like my next step will be trying Firefox. I certainly hope it allows rolling back to Flash 10.0.

• PAGES
RSS