Help › Forums

Re: Quitters

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 9 2010 3:20 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Rightin
    1,248 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2010 3:25 PM

I've been playing this game for a year now,, To try and explain why people quit has many scenariors.   One! maybe because we get tired of the same problem this game brings in it's meter troubles. We, my friends, that I have made on this site, will quit or not post if these problems arise. 

To have a low average is what some strive for, as it is a game we try to perfect our skills in,, it's called golf.    To play at a 61 avg, or even a 72 ave is not always easy when we loose two or more strokes to an uncontrollable meter shot.  This is not an answer to the questioning of quiters, but sometimes it's easier to walk away, than to face humilition brought on by us trying to reach for a higher goal, but then only to have it taken away without regaurd by a meter glitch.  Happens many times, and in tourney also. 

I can't give answers, but only to explain for myself, the reasons I have quit, and they are many, and only a few, are because I didn't like what was being said by other players, although some players are very unbecoming of a true golfer.

I will let others no I am going to quit when we reach the green.  As not to freeze the game, I wait until my turn is over and the next player is showing on the screen.  Some are OK with me quitting, other are so drawn into the competition they see it as like said, one bad shot and we quit, they try to find there peace in that.  But how many games were played before that may have lead to this result, quitting???     

I have said this many time to others:  I can make enough of my own mistakes in this game,,,I don't need any help from this system/meter in doing so.  I'm my own worst enemy,,,lol

No quiting isn't always the answer, but it sure can open ones eye's to relief, and "maybe" release some frustrations brought on by this game we love to play.                In this game we do have control over two things, turning it on to play, or turning it off.   We choose either, and when we dicide.  Wgt needs to understand, we only play at our cost/comfort,,and if we don't play they will only lose in the end.    But as the days are long, and people will continue to throw money to the wind and wonder why,,, Oh my quitting is only that, Our own Escape to sanity, in it's time.

As to who is legit, you will not find that in this reputation system, they are trying to start, or make you believe will work, it is only a slap in the face by the ones who have for the most part caused the problem.  There are other places to find reputation,, fix the problem first.  Be mindful, before we chastise others.  Choose your friends, pick from the tree, not from what lays on the ground rotting.   More than enough said and maybe to much,,, Or maybe not enough, thats your choice not mine,,I quit,,,,lol

(There are other opptions to playing). Try the (wgtls ladder system), it is a little more organized than playing what I call the field of WGT.  You won't find many quiters there (wgtls), as they are golfers who love the competition and challenge of playing with and against others who share in the same. There reputations are evident as seen in there stats, not by being tagged by others thoughts, or of what a quiter is and how they should be punished.  lol      They take care of the problem at hand.     Hit them straight, and long if you dare, but it's along the course of life we find our true hazards. Do good with them as not to repeat them but remember always beware of the meter monster.   

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Tue, Jun 8 2010 9:26 PM

Best to just play with people you know.

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Tue, Jun 8 2010 10:47 PM

YAY, a quitters thread!

I don't quit. I do, however, probably do something equally counter productive. If I get "metered" or by my own doing royally screw something up, I get reallllllly frustrated. But instead of quitting, sometimes, I will just wind up and blast one into the horizon. Yes, it compounds my score with an extra stroke, but I feel better, and that probably saves me more than a stroke later in the round. I turn them all in regardless, otherwise my little number is meaningless.

If you are worried about quitters, just get a good group of friends and play exclusively with them.

• igiveup
    110 Posts
    Tue, Jun 8 2010 11:25 PM

Hasn't this poor dead horse been flogged enough. It's a reality of playing online... people will disconnect for different reasons.

WGT is looking to make money from this site so people won't be penalized.

So if people disconnecting frustrates you... find something else to do or just get over it.

• jdw1967
    2 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 12:06 AM

Im haveing the same problem and it's starting to make me angrey.I can be three under and then wam the metter goes CRAZY.what can wgt do about this?

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 7:19 AM

i hate when these so called masters quit just to protect their average. oh wait a minute average means absolutely nothing in this game. you guys are tired of people quitting, well i'm tired of hack no talent chops flooding the forums about quitting. did you ever think people quit because they can't stand to watch you chop it all over the yard. JB

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 2:52 PM

LOL.

• youareintrouble
    103 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 3:20 PM

well said rightin.  Its a good thing u didnt quit after the 3 bogeys in a row on the frint 9 at kiawah in the rnd 1 pga this week. Should u have, we would have missed out on the Birdie, birdie, par, birdie,  EAGLE, bird, bird, bird, par bird bird u had to finish it up. What was even better is it was a ranked play and once again you showed why i like to GOFF w/u my friend.    To which i shall play u a little tune on my Electric jug baby.    Whoooov

• PAGES
RSS