Forums

Help › Forums

Re: European Tournament

Mon, Jun 22 2009 8:34 PM (86 replies)
  • seveking
    983 Posts
    Mon, Jun 15 2009 10:01 AM

And we reach the final! Welshiwzard wins 1 up and joins Coolswing as one of the two candidates to the title. Congrats to both, and you can play the final whenever you like.

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2009 9:19 PM

Hi Seve and everyone.  Welshwizard and I completed our Final match earlier today.  It was a good match and very enjoyable as we have become friends since I recruited him for the NA Challenge Tourney.  The final score was that I won 5 and 4  ut it was a much closer match than the score indicated.  

We were even after the first 6 holes of the match with Welshwizard making a fine start and playing very well.  Soon after that Wiz experienced a string of bad lucks which resulted with him loosing the 7th hole undeservedly.  Further bad luck affected Wiz's play and it put him off balance for the remaining holes of the first 9.  For the second 9 we were matching scores for the first 3 holes then I won the 4th hole with a bird and soon after the "deviation Gremlin" attacked Wiz's play until the match was over.  It was really  unfortunate that Welshwizard had such and unlucky day but I felt he played real well and showed a lot of character by hanging in there and giving his best right until the end.  I would like to congrats Welshwizard for making the Final and for a very well played tournament all round.

Finally I would like to say thank you again to Seveking who have put together a great tournament, watch out Nivlac there's someone here ready to take over your position !  Also thanks to all the players who have participated in the tournament, you all have provided so much excitement and enjoyment for myself and many others who were following the tournament.  I really had a wonderful time and it was an experience for me to remember for quite a while.  I hope that there will be more tournaments like this in the near future or this tourney to become a regular fixture on the community calendar.  Take care everyone and see you next time.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2009 10:50 PM

Congrats coolswing and great job on organizing the tournament seve!  It was fun to follow. :)

• slor
    902 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 1:18 AM

Fantasticly done everyone! 

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 4:09 AM

Just to echo the comments above.

Many thanks to Seve for setting this up and managing the whole thing.

Congraulations to Coolswing. I'm sure you're a very worthy winner, and I can say that with some confidence having suffered at the hands of Welshwizard earlier on in the comp.

Thanks to everyone who took part, and I look forward to doing it again sometime.

Sean

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 4:58 AM

Congratulations to Coolswing for winning and to Welshwizard for reaching the final and many thanks to everybody who played. I hope you all had a good time, I think overall it went well despite the difficulties at the group stage.

Thanks again to everybody, and don't worry, Nivlac, I'm not trying to take your place:)

• welshwizard1
    17 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 8:34 PM

guys 1st congrats to coolswing he deserved the win  and thanx to seve and blue scouse  and every1 involved was enjoyable to play in and to meet some really nice people cheers fellars  WW

RSS