Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Endless pit of pain

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 30 2010 12:56 AM (6 replies)
  • Glyphix03
    2 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 11:05 PM

I don't get it.  How am I ever supposed to advance in this game?  I'm saw the only way to buy better clubs is with credits that you can either purchase (at a ridiculous price, so I'm sticking with free) or by winning tournaments.  But as for the tournaments, I'm 4  putting and shooting 48-50 on 9 holes consistently and the game threw me into PRO CLASS!!  I have no chance winning that on beginner clubs!  Even the hacks (which I should be..) are coming out under par!  I never once shot under par and I'm in Pro???  WTF?

• piescanfly
    13 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 5:18 AM

Well, 48-50 is pretty good..Kind of. Putting is a hard skill and doing it well advances you up. Also, rent some clubs?

• aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 9:29 AM

Your Score History shows you at a 39 ave for the last 11 nine hole rounds you have played... not a single 48-50 on the list that I saw.....  that's a 78 ave... guess what?   You're a PRO now.     I play with a lot of Pros with beginner sets... they do just fine.    You will too, I'm sure.     I became a Pro as soon as my average went below 80.... you're at a 77 ave at the moment.

• bserowinski
    15 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 9:35 AM

If I might suggest, the 100 credits you got for moving up to pro invest in the 100 credit 10.5* tour starter driver.  Those extra couple yards on the drives helped me quite a bit.  As for putting, keep playing rounds, it WILL improve.  Relax, there is no reason to worry about credits and moving up.  It's the challenge of playing that is the most fun.

• Glyphix03
    2 Posts
    Thu, Apr 29 2010 7:25 PM

Well, there's something about bring in 2,000th place every single tournament, that sounds a bit unfair to be a pro when you compare scores to the leaderboards...

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Thu, Apr 29 2010 8:52 PM

Glyphix03:

Well, there's something about bring in 2,000th place every single tournament, that sounds a bit unfair to be a pro when you compare scores to the leaderboards...

It takes time to get good at something. You have been a member for around 14 days, what do you expect? You're progressing just fine. If you think you can master this game in two weeks you're sadly mistaken.... just keep playing you're doing fine! :)

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Fri, Apr 30 2010 12:56 AM

Hi Glyph,

Sorry bud, but after being on this site for 15 days - what do you expect.

For a start as someone already mentioned - you dont need to buy any clubs right now.  You need to learn how the game actually works, and what your clubs can and cant do. Thats gonna take time. You're not going to win tournaments from the get go !!

You should be able to improve your game considerably with clubs you have - but its gonna take some time and practice.

Thats how the best have got there. Check their stats out. 700 - 1000 ranked rounds, and just as many in practice. So - get practicing, and see your scores and positions start to improve.

One tip - take as many notes as you can on each shot / hole. That is key, so that the next time you come to play that hole or to play that shot you have some data to work on. In the end its all maths and practice.

Stick at it, you will improve - but give yourself time.

Cheers Doug

RSS