rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 23 2010 1:45 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 10:55 AM

jakestanfill7:
    Programming prohibits that one.

When I was practicing my approach shot,after I laid up on #7 @ KW,I would hit my 60yd wedge into the green and then back out into the fairway until I ran out of shots.

Never had a problem...I hadn't tried pitching or flopping,just the full and a few chips.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 11:02 AM

micklen:
    I have had another look at this.  I first though it hit the ball about 25% of it's normal distance.  However I now think it's nearer 33%.  That is with my 64 hitting it normally with full backspin

Mick, you use a TM 64.  Just ran a quick test with my Ping 64 and its about 50%, full swing, full backspin.

• micklen
    221 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 11:05 AM

YankeeJim:
    I think you'd better run. I just saw the greenskeeper heading back to the green you use for practice with a shotgun!!    :-D

Why, why .  I was carrying a bag of seeded earth and a bottle of Miraclegro  :-o

Mick

• micklen
    221 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 11:09 AM

andyson:
    Mick, you use a TM 64.  Just ran a quick test with my Ping 64 and its about 50%, full swing, full backspin.

Ok.  Definitely get nowhere near 50% even with any roll, so it does seem to be club dependant.  Very most I could get was approaching 40%, but the vast majority were a fairly close feet instead of yards, so 33%

Thanks for that one.  Hope you repaired the green after you as well  ;-)

Mick

• micklen
    221 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 11:12 AM

GITrDONE:
    When I was practicing my approach shot,after I laid up on #7 @ KW,I would hit my 60yd wedge into the green and then back out into the fairway until I ran out of shots.

Yes but what sort of distance were you getting hitting off the green.  As I have said above I am getting 33% or maybe a fraction more.  So yes I can hit it off the green but with a greatly reduced distance

Mick

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Fri, Apr 23 2010 1:45 PM

It was 60yds in and 60yds back out to the fairway,give or take a yard or two.That's been about three months ago,they may of fixed it where you can't do that anymore.

Larry

• PAGES
RSS