• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 6:45 AM

;)

• gitthe
    66 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 12:51 PM

I'll chime in...

I have been a major supporter of WGT since I joined, but I stopped playing when life got crazy busy and the game became more frustrating than fun due to swing meter issues.

I understand that no game is perfect, never will be.  But what I don't understand is how Tiger Woods Online can have a perfect meter and WGT can't.  Certainly there's more data to move, but has WGT not fixed the problem because a) they can't figure out the problem, b) because they won't spend the money to fix the problem, or c) because they are taking the stance that it is wholly the end user's computer fault and are not investigating the issue?

Again, I think WGT is doing a great job, but it's a GAME.  And games are supposed to be FUN, not frustrating.  I wonder how many players trying out this game for the first time become frustrated and don't stick with the game.  How much is that costing WGT?

I work for a software company and I see what the end result is when software companies blame the end user for performance issues.  Financially it is not pretty.  The Company always loses here.  Even if the end user keeps using the software, they are certainly not going to promote it and are going to tell people about their experience.  "And then XYZ company told me it was my fault.  Can you believe that?"

Even if some of the problem lies in the end user's computer, WGT needs to set a goal to make the system run PERFECTLY on a computer that meets its published minimum system requirements.  Tiger Woods Online has set the bar for swing meter perfection.  Again, why can Tiger Woods Online have a perfect meter and WGT can't?

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 12:59 PM

I've worked for, and had to deal with software companies, and the following link basically sums up my feelings with having to deal with software companies, because it's true and I've gone through many similar nightmares as the author :

http://attrition.org/security/rants/disclosure01.html

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 2:53 PM

great post gitthe.

It seems with all the things WGT adds to the game, the problems keep emerging. I would think WGT has to make a move in some direction soon about the problems that keep cropping-up every 30 to 60 days. People are going to start getting fed-up with all these problems and just stay away until a permanent (fix) is put into place.

I hope for WGT and the members sake, that day comes sooner rather then later.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 6:57 PM

gitthe:
    Even if some of the problem lies in the end user's computer, WGT needs to set a goal to make the system run PERFECTLY on a computer that meets its published minimum system requirements.  Tiger Woods Online has set the bar for swing meter perfection.  Again, why can Tiger Woods Online have a perfect meter and WGT can't?

Great to hear from you Gitthe.  To borrow a line from Escape From NY....Snake Pliscan, I didn't know you were still alive.

I've been asking the same thing about the meter differences between here and TWO but have never heard a peep.  I'm loyal to WGT but it's maddening more frequently than fun.  The degradation of the meter continues with every update and never a word about progress addressing the issue from WGT.  I believe they've all been sworn to silence on this one.  Turn a deaf ear and the problem will go away.

To your question about people being driven away, speaking personally I have tried to get 10 people to swallow the pill but all have bailed before they saw the good in it because of meter issues.  4 of the people's systems far exceeded WGT specs.

These issues helped drive away several of our top players including you Gitthe, and I fear I'm not far behind you.  Have to achieve a goal that I'm 2/3 the way of completing, then will evaluate whether or not it's worth the frustration.

• Thetruth67
    158 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 2:39 PM

Jake

At this point I have a very difficult time believing you are having the problems as frequently as you say.  Why?

04.27.10 Wk 18 9-Hole Single Play        Front 9 Master     29

04.27.10 St Andrews Front 9 Ready-Go Front 9 All Players 31
    04.27.10 Kiawah Back 9 Ready-Go Back 9 All Players 31
    04.27.10 Bethpage Front 9 Ready-Go Front 9 All Players 31
    04.27.10 Kiawah Front 9 Ready-Go Front 9 All Players 32
    04.27.10 Bethpage Ready-Go Full 18 All Players 60
    04.26.10 Kiawah Ready-Go Full 18 All Players 60
    04.26.10 Bethpage Front 9 Ready-Go Front 9 All Players 32
    04.26.10 Kiawah Front 9 Ready-Go Front 9 All Players 32
    04.26.10 St Andrews Front 9 Ready-Go Front 9 All Players 31
    04.26.10 Wk 18 9-Hole Unlimited Play Back 9 Master 31
    04.26.10 Kiawah Back 9 Ready-Go Back 9 All Players 30
    04.26.10 Wk 18 9-Hole Unlimited Play Back 9 Master 28
    04.26.10 Wk 18 9-Hole Unlimited Play Back 9 Master 30

Sorry but you don't routinely shoot 5 under or better on 9 holes with a jumpy meter.  I too have experienced meter skips, but I don't think they are anywhere near as consistent as some report it to be.  I understand that it is occasionally a problem, but the only time I ever see it with any consistency is in multiplay.  Personally, I think it needs to be fixed, but I also think the frequencies being reported are grossly overexaggerated. 

• stevietwotimes
    1,327 Posts
    Tue, Jun 1 2010 12:55 PM

totally agree with what your saying.

since ive been playing (feb this year) ive never missed a day and got up to a master with a score that reached 61(now 63),and spent a bit of money to get there with new clubs, balls etc.

also bought an extra 2 gig of memory on top of 2 gig,(4 gig) got the fastest internet in england, bought advanced system care to clean deep into my machine and guess what it dosn`t  make a bit of difference.

today was the worst ever day for meter issues(4 in one 9 hole game) it really sucks. im not going to give w.g.t any more of my cash unless it improves or im out of here for good.

not putting up with that b/s any more.

otherwise a crackin game.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Jun 1 2010 1:38 PM

Stevie... I think your meter issue might have to do with heavy play today.  This being the first day you could play all 18 at Oakmont.   All sinister 18.

• stevietwotimes
    1,327 Posts
    Wed, Jun 2 2010 4:08 AM

thx for the reply double,your probably right.

it just got 2 me big time cos dont think i get as many as some people,it got so bad i couldnt play the game,and after vowing never to return.........................im back...lmao.

cheers bud.

RSS