Forums

Help › Forums

Re: sell this site!

Fri, Apr 16 2010 7:00 AM (37 replies)
  • mrsancho
    253 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 10:52 AM

Richard4168:
    This is the greatest golf game ever created on-line, and it's only getting better. Honestly, do you think WGT pulls these courses out of their a$? The back nine of St. Andrews is coming, and Oakmont is on the horizon. Patience Loser, patience
      U TELL HIM  RICHARD !!LOL 

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 7:49 PM

TrapStar32:

LMAO!  You're a pro smason.  Try playing it from the master tees, then talk.  The trees are definitely in play for masters...and so is the right rough.  That is beside the point anyway.  Your weak pro ability to play one specific hole has no bearing on whether or not WGT needs shot shaping.

lol.

wow you're a really nice guy!

So since i'm only a pro and I don't hit from the masters tees then my opinion doesn't count.

I love that attitude! Just shows how cordial some of you almighty masters can be.

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 7:59 PM

YankeeJim:

TrapStar32:
    It would nice if you could draw it, but I obviously don't try to draw on a game that doesn't having drawing capability.

Timeout there, TS. You are right about this game not literally having that ability to actually draw and fade. However, looking at the actual arc of the shot and saying it's one or the other is the only way you can see it. The result of said action is what you're looking for. Going to BPB2, what is the purpose of drawing the ball there-to get around the trees and long into the fairway. The next time you're there try this (and it's hard to do.) Without touching the default aim intentionally miss your tee shot by 1/2 the distance between the ding and the first hash mark. Intentionally pull the ball. With practice you will find just how much to "draw" the shot to get around the trees.Wind will obviously affect this. The result is the same as a draw-you're 90-100 yds out in the middle of the fairway, not on the bank to the right, bringing more trees into play. BPB5 is the same way, especially if the wind is blowing left to right. Aim left side of fwy and miss late. The ball gets going in the direction of the wind and carries to the center of the fairway.

Pulling and pushing your shots is effective, used properly. I pretend it's drawing and fading.  :-)

Exactly! Wether or not it's a literal draw or fade it's still shot shaping.

I'm just glad you can't slice the ball on this game because I shot a 82 today (in real life) and sliced almost every drive that I hit. My swing felt like an unfolded lawn chair! Almost every approach was from the thick rough. Frustrating day plus I got a horrendous sunburn. haha.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 9:22 PM

neildiamond11790:
    Hit a little earlier on the meter than the first, aimed a little further right, and looks to have bent around 10-15 yds in a draw.

Do it all the time.

The drawback is a little less distance.

• TrapStar32
    15 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 9:29 PM

smason77:

TrapStar32:

LMAO!  You're a pro smason.  Try playing it from the master tees, then talk.  The trees are definitely in play for masters...and so is the right rough.  That is beside the point anyway.  Your weak pro ability to play one specific hole has no bearing on whether or not WGT needs shot shaping.

lol.

So since i'm only a pro and I don't hit from the masters tees then my opinion doesn't count.

I love that attitude! Just shows how cordial some of you almighty masters can be.

lol...you're missing the point.  Of course your opinion counts, but not on that hole from pro tees.  It's not because you're a pro, it's because you're talking about an entirely different tee shot.  I'm not talking down to you lol...I'm just saying you might as well be talking about a different hole. 

I would love to hear your opinion on shot shaping in general, but I know you don't need it on that tee shot from the pro tees, so that particular tee shot for you does not pertain to this conversation.  I was just saying...if you played it from the masters tees, you would understand what I mean. 

I only came off sounding like a *** because you were laughing at my comments about how I don't like that tee shot...but it is so easy for you.

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 9:55 PM

I dont need rich ill play you whenever where ever you want if you believe you cant fade or draw you will be in a world of hurt my friend go to my profile leave a time and ill bring my world of hurt and you will be sorry because i offered to help you have now called me out wich means i kick your a$$ then do a forum posttelling all about it lmao BRING IT ON

Chippy

Maybe ill hit that shot through the gap in the branches just to show off cause i can.

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 9:56 PM

TrapStar32:

smason77:

TrapStar32:

lol.

lol...you're missing the point.  Of course your opinion counts, but not on that hole from pro tees.  It's not because you're a pro, it's because you're talking about an entirely different tee shot.  I'm not talking down to you lol...I'm just saying you might as well be talking about a different hole. 

I would love to hear your opinion on shot shaping in general, but I know you don't need it on that tee shot from the pro tees, so that particular tee shot for you does not pertain to this conversation.  I was just saying...if you played it from the masters tees, you would understand what I mean. 

I only came off sounding like a *** because you were laughing at my comments about how I don't like that tee shot...but it is so easy for you.

Fair enough. You're right I don't know that shot from the master tees because i have a hard enough time reaching most greens on BPB. I haven't dared to play a practice round from the hard tees on BPB. Maybe I will. But still with my 9.5 G10 I still won't get the full effect of the shot but at least get an inkling of the angle.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Fri, Apr 16 2010 7:00 AM

Trapster, did you see my post, or my replays?

RSS