Forums

Help › Forums

Re: rude players

Mon, Feb 26 2024 6:54 AM (37 replies)
  • Richard1201
    822 Posts
    Wed, May 16 2012 2:26 AM

As far as I am concerned, you did good.Played a CTTH last night and 1 player started.."gooooddddd rroooollllll aaaggggaaaiiiinnn" stuff on the chat line.Just happened to be a high level hack who got everthing within 5 ft

I ignored for a hole or 2 then responded to his multiple, repetitive posts note with the same. He disconnected and probably went onto irritate somebody else on another game.

Thr racist abuse is the worst and i find it difficult to not respond in kind.

Actually the bulk of WGT players are good normal people, life has some rejects and so has WGT.

• Voyager9940
    684 Posts
    Wed, May 16 2012 3:23 AM

brysoni23:

I Joined a random Blitz Game,

One Player Says "ooooo look a LEGEND let see how good you are, i bet i beat you"

I replied "SURE =]"

Holes 1 and 2 I win, hole 3 he gets just in side my ball.

Says "Your a Stupid T*at, not so good now are you" and quits.

I laughed it off and continued my game with the other player and go on to shoot 267,000,

I then posted this score on the player above who called me a T*at's wall.  

I didn't get a response was this bad of me?

It’s the first time ever I’ve come across Such a D**k on this game so i thought i did the right thing.

Dear Brysoni,

What 'Moron' did you play there?? Anyway, you did the right thing to ignore and play on. What I also do is take a screenshot from the insulting/unpsorty/racist remarks and send them to WGT with a short expalantion of what happened. I used to give a remark as well on such 'Moron's' wall yet don't do that very often anymore since WGT adviced me to avoid such actions.

Happy golfing!!

VOY

• Voyager9940
    684 Posts
    Wed, May 16 2012 3:27 AM

Richard1201:

As far as I am concerned, you did good.Played a CTTH last night and 1 player started.."gooooddddd rroooollllll aaaggggaaaiiiinnn" stuff on the chat line.Just happened to be a high level hack who got everthing within 5 ft

I ignored for a hole or 2 then responded to his multiple, repetitive posts note with the same. He disconnected and probably went onto irritate somebody else on another game.

Thr racist abuse is the worst and i find it difficult to not respond in kind.

Actually the bulk of WGT players are good normal people, life has some rejects and so has WGT.

Dear Richard,

I think a lot of players, descent players here on WGT would loose their patience as well when crossing swords/clubs with such goons.

Anyway, the last line of your comment was and is the most important for me to remember, thanks for being one of the many good and normal persons!!

VOY

• boroJohnny
    65 Posts
    Wed, May 16 2012 11:18 AM

wish you played with me to hand out some advice, struggling but enjoying all the same. I have played with some really helpfull and nice guys

• mmikkeelee
    591 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2012 3:43 PM

i see this post is still going strong, thankyou to all that have replied..

let me add that 98% of people i have met or come across have been very wonderfull and extremely nice people. 

i am shocked at some of the racists comment players have come across :( this must be stamped out now!!! there is no need for racism at all what so ever.. happy shooting all :)) 

• JoeS2955
    7 Posts
    Mon, Jan 8 2024 12:48 PM

I immediately block them. I have about a dozen blocked. 

• GreenLaser
    177 Posts
    Mon, Jan 8 2024 10:08 PM

Something I've wondered about is why aren't people who get blocked notified they've been blocked?  Unless I'm mis-remembering, I don't think they know it's happened.  It might improve their behavior if they knew they were getting blocked by a lot of members.

It would be interesting to hear why WGT doesn't tell them.

• arkage57
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Feb 26 2024 6:54 AM

It would really be nice if "blocking someone" included not getting grouped into another foursome with them.

I have several members blocked for vulgar language, excessive forfeits, and play that shouldn't be used in alt matches (driving intentionally off the green, persistent use of wedge/driver for putting, etc). Yet, I still load up a game, whether as host or as guest, and see those names in the lineup.  I remove myself, but now I have to wait 5 minutes, or the game will continue to try to load me into the same room.

Blocked should be blocked- can't invite, can't message, can't be paired.

Ark

RSS