Help › Forums

Re: i can play!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 31 2010 2:58 AM (26 replies)
  • iwb1
    110 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 12:54 PM

NormH3:

Might also try going to Add/Remove programs within Control Panel (XP) and uninstalling Flash Player. Reboot the computer (probably not necessary but won't hurt) and then reinstall the lastest and greatest version from Adobe.

If you are using Vista, it can be remove under "Programs and Features" within Control Panel.

As a heads up I quote from the Adobe website.

"Due to recent enhancements to the Adobe Flash Player installers, you can now remove the player only by using the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller. "

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 12:58 PM

iwb1:

"Due to recent enhancements to the Adobe Flash Player installers, you can now remove the player only by using the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller. "

Great catch iwb1....  perhaps someone should let WGT know??

• NormH3
    214 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 1:17 PM

iwb1:

NormH3:

Might also try going to Add/Remove programs within Control Panel (XP) and uninstalling Flash Player. Reboot the computer (probably not necessary but won't hurt) and then reinstall the lastest and greatest version from Adobe.

If you are using Vista, it can be remove under "Programs and Features" within Control Panel.

I stand corrected. Thanks for sharing. Might come in handy for future issues.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 2:52 PM

Thanks for the heads-up fellas.  We'll add this important bit into the Optimization post.  When did they start requiring a full uninstall?

• iwb1
    110 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 4:19 PM

since V.9 I think. Don't need uninstall for upgrade only to clear the system.

I prefer to rid system of old versions first and made the mistake of using windows uninstall and was unlucky enough to get everything corrupted. With some searching I found the above solution as it has not got a link on the main page.

• Leprechuan
    20 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2010 7:52 PM

I have noticed nobody has mentioned your flash storage settings..

Flash Storage Settings

Make sure your browser allows flash content. Go to the Adobe Storage Setting Manager by clicking here . Move the slider so that you are allotting at least 100KB to storing flash objects. Check the "Allow third party Flash content" and "Store common Flash components" checkboxes.

my system some how reset my settings to zero and the left side would not come up,

checked settings and found the problem was the settings were wrong,Reset them and I have had no problems .I use IE8

• hognutz
    127 Posts
    Wed, Mar 31 2010 2:58 AM

vista and internet explorer i downloaded google chrome and it works just fine as long as i can play im good thanx for all the help from everyone 

RSS