3,670 Posts
    Wed, Sep 28 2016 8:29 PM

It does tend to make one less invested in such matters that's for sure

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Wed, Sep 28 2016 9:55 PM

Aphysan:

From day three i started getting messages calling me a sandbagger

That's usually a knee jerk response for someone grasping at straws because you beat them, or imo very likely someone who is egging you on to rise to higher tiers because, long story short, higher levels bring on far distances..which need better stuff etc. etc = more money for WGT.

WGT has explained about 'anti sandbagging methods' they have applied in many ways, methods that require some amount of scrutiny, to alter the normal progression of members (although they don't explain exactly what, understandably) so if sandbaggers exist they should be evident and/or should be dealt with, or reported, easily.

Yet, it will be common for people to cry 'sandbagger' as their only comeback, or just to make you whip out your credit card, or click on dozens of videos, surveys etc. to siphon money into WGT.

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Sat, Oct 1 2016 8:46 AM

"Yet, it will be common for people to cry 'sandbagger' as their only comeback, or just to make you whip out your credit card, or click on dozens of videos, surveys etc. to siphon money into WGT"

I don't quite understand the highlighted portion of your post as their motivation. Only way this would make sense, is if you are playing a wgt shareholder...lol

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Sun, Oct 2 2016 10:30 AM

The thing that might be confusing is:

'..so if sandbaggers exist they should be evident and/or should be dealt with'

but since there are plenty of credit sandbaggers (people seem to agree), this is not working or not totally effective!

So, it is the truth that some players who work w/ WGT - some people involved w/ the WGT's business end, without a doubt, PLAY the game (I happen to know one) would use accusations (usually unwarranted) to generate gameplay. Any sane person in that position would do the same.

"We don't have to agree, just keep playing the game."

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sun, Oct 2 2016 1:56 PM

In a perfect world, hitting submit on a necropost will automatically deliver 10,000 volts into you.

• hmel
    8 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2016 8:57 AM

Hi..Iam on level 92 as a Tour Pro and I keep getting remarks about being a Cheater but as I understand it,  you move up the levels by playing consecutive games or also by playing lots of games.. The reason WGT moves you up is to open up more of  the pro shop to encourage you to buy better gear etc. the level score has nothing to do with how good you are.. after every completed game you see the level progress bar move up no matter what score you have posted.  I play most days as many as 6 games or more usually match play challenge games. I also play ranked stroke play games as I understand this one way of progressing to the next level ie:- Master.. although recently I have had a couple of games where i finished 2 under par I have still not managed to move up.  Am I correct on the  level question, That Iam on this higher level because of  playing lots of games.  ????

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 4 2016 10:34 AM

hmel:
    I also play ranked stroke play games as I understand this one way of progressing to the next level

Everything you do increases your experience points and hence, your level. It has nothing to do with your average or scores (you do get an XP  for each stroke.) The average  changes when you post ranked rounds and is what determines your tier. Get it low enough and you get bumped to the next tier, provided you have the requisite rounds for your tier.

Another way you may see accelerated promotions is by beating higher tiered players in matches that play for credits. Your level has nothing to do with either scenario.

When a player is in the 90s with experience but is still a Tour Pro, that raises eyebrows for some. Some players do this on purpose to get better equipment without moving up tiers so as to prey on unsuspecting others. Your basic snake move. That may not be you but does explain why you're seeing what you do. ;-)

RSS