Forums

Help › Forums

Am i a cheater and a sandbagger

Sun, Feb 26 2017 12:55 AM (80 replies)
  • Aphysan
    8 Posts
    Wed, Feb 29 2012 2:31 PM

I have played every sort of golf game going ie TW...Links Golf....Prostroke Golf and a few other ones. Just about three weeks ago i began my journey as an Hack with WGT.

i made up my mind from the very start that i would equip myself with the best clubs and balls that each level allowed me. I also took full advantage of the level boosters. Up to press i have spent over £130. Playing from the tees, and the green speed of an Hack, a Pro, and even a Tour Pro, i did not find it so difficult. All my previous experience about how to play the wind and green breaks helped me, and of course the better clubs. now that i have reached Master the game is much more of a challenge

From day three i started getting messages calling me a cheater and a sandbagger and the increase is getting worse.What makes it even more annoying is that these insulting messages come from people that i have never played a game with.

I joined a CC a week ago, and because three people had accused me of being a cheat on my wall post, i was booted out. The owner of the CC even stated that he found it hard to believe that i could have posted some of my scores in such a short time.

Anybody can look at my score history and see that i have never played a Match Play,.alternate shot, or Skins game. The only games i have played where credits have been involved have been some WGT ready-go games, and i have never won one.

So i ask you, what benefit am i getting, if I'm cheating. And why would a so called sandbagger be trying to reach legend so fast.

I have read a load of stuff in the main forum about the low scores that legends get in tournaments, and that they must be cheating. And quiet rightly, plenty of people come out and defend them. Well why cant somebody starting out be good at this game and post good scores.

I have nothing to hide, and I'm certainly not ashamed that there is at least one thing i can play well enough to have got certain players so jealous and upset that they feel the need to insult me 

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Feb 29 2012 9:42 PM

You asked...

Your score history of breaking par the first day herem and not looking back, sorta sums it up....

Not  a Sandbagger/cheat...but does scream to me "hey, been here before"

Anyways, sorry for the short reply to your long post;)

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Wed, Feb 29 2012 11:48 PM

If you are really worried about it you can do the following.

A - Set yourself up A "Live steaming" account or "Bandicam" account both these programs are free downloads and they capture everything on your desktop while your playing. You can link video`s to forums , upload them to YouTube and post them on your WGT profile etc etc.  

http://new.livestream.com/

http://www.bandicam.com/

They are good ways to stop players calling you a cheat and those players normally go back to the hole they came from must point out they never say sorry. 

B- make sure you can take screen shots with your computer Bandicam does have an option to take s-shots or you can download free software all over the internet some computers have it already on your computer.  You may ask why this is important. When the ass holes call you that or any other language some players use in game ,or on your profile you wan`t that to be recorded then it`s just a matter of sending an email to admin with photo`s taken from s-shot and that person has the door slammed on there ass (bye bye)

A few suggestions for you.

Don`t worry to much about players calling you out , they seem to disappear once you move up the ranks , also these players should really worry about there own games and not worrying about others.

• Crankiedaisy
    169 Posts
    Thu, Mar 1 2012 2:26 AM

I shot +19 on my 1st 9 hole round, took me @ least a few weeks to break par.  Congratulations on shooting 35, you da man...

• Nainotreve
    36 Posts
    Thu, Mar 1 2012 2:37 AM

If your a cheater your only fooling yourself...my philosophy is "F..K EM"... as long as you know your not....quite willing to play a round with you and call you all the names under the sun  as we play to get you used to any barracking....LOL

Kenny B

• Aphysan
    8 Posts
    Thu, Mar 1 2012 3:21 AM

Thank you suncity for being the only person who has not expressed some sort of doubt about my honesty, and coming from a player of your calibre, that means a lot to me.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Mar 1 2012 5:21 AM

suncity28:
    Don`t worry to much about players calling you out , they seem to disappear once you move up the ranks , also these players should really worry about there own games and not worrying about others.

Hear, hear!  This is the 2nd post in 2 days where the OP doesn't appear to be what the witch hunters claim. Could it be that this game has progressed to the point where you CAN do what the OP has and succeed a hell of a lot faster than most of us have? It's beginning to look like it and that speaks volumes for the progression of the game.

Cheeznuts is one thing (Hpurey-LOL) but going looking for possible subjects of multiple ID abuse is getting a bit tiresome. Give these new players credit for their efforts and get off the multiple ID/cheating bandwagon. You can't do anything about it anyway.

• TesLa33
    109 Posts
    Thu, Mar 1 2012 5:25 AM

MBaggese:
    Not  a Sandbagger/cheat...but does scream to me "hey, been here before"

Just food for thought; It is possible to play this game w/o being registered. Albeit with all starter/basic gear but you still get game experience and learn some of the nuances. I probably played at least a 100 ctth games on ESPN arcade before I ever signed up here. I also played stroke play quite a few times before signing up. At first I felt it was too hard.. but challenging.. so finally decided to take the plunge. With the addition of some decent clubs and really studying the shots it's not too hard to shoot decent scores quickly.

• KJHAWK2
    567 Posts
    Thu, Mar 1 2012 5:25 AM

A master in 9 days. Makes sense to me! 

HAWK

• TesLa33
    109 Posts
    Thu, Mar 1 2012 5:32 AM

KJHAWK2:
    A master in 9 days. Makes sense to me!

A true sandbagger would hide behind an elevated average and not move up so quickly.

RSS