Forums

Help › Forums

missing eagles

rated by 0 users
Sat, Sep 2 2023 3:11 PM (49 replies)
  • SoCalJim23
    420 Posts
    Sun, Aug 6 2023 8:25 PM

Post deleted my me......WAY too much "disrespect" going on here. 

Jim

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Sun, Aug 6 2023 9:58 PM

ct690911:
    My money is on Sam Spayed. Even though a dbl eagle is rarer than an ace (and Jim has 4?), Sam's course management and intelligence will prevail.

Thanks for the kind words, Colin, but I have no illusions 🙂 In roughly the same number of ranked rounds that I have - fewer, actually - Jim has more than double the number of HIOs that I have, more than 6 times the number of double eagles, and over 3,000 more eagles.  And he's done all that playing with starter balls a good bit of the time!  

Still, I think it would be fun to play a round with him.  Maybe I could learn something.  Hence my offer.  Heck, we could even play Match Play Challenge.  I don't mind losing credits in a friendly match with such a talented Tour Champion.

• gonfission
    2,230 Posts
    Mon, Aug 7 2023 3:38 AM

Warning, warning        SATIRE    ^^^

• SoCalJim23
    420 Posts
    Mon, Aug 7 2023 10:33 AM

ANA.......With all due respect...it sort of looks like you're having "Sour Grapes" over there in SLOVINIA about the number of EAGLES I have made here on WGT.

You have hit a total of over 11,000 Ranked Rounds vs. my approx. 5,800 Ranked Rounds.....yet you have ONLY about 250 more EAGLES than I have.  Hmmmmm, wonder why that is.

And "No"....I have not hit all of my EAGLES from the #1 & #10 Tees.....that would be impossible to hit the nearly 4,400 EAGLES I have hit.  WGT only shows our game History back to April of 2023......it doesn't show all 10 years of my history here on WGT...wish I could show you my entire WGT playing history but I don't have it.

For me, I feel I have accomplished about as much as I would like to here on WGT....so, instead of spending a lot of money on new (high rated balls)....I spend 95% of my time playing with "Starter Balls".  And to hit EAGLES using "Starter Balls"...well, yes, you have to be a little "creative"....but also talented/experienced to pick up more EAGLES.

I personally believe that every WGT Member should be able to play WGT Golf how they wish........as long as they adhere to WGT's Rules, Regulations & Forum Posting Etiquette.......but when a WGT Member gets on the WGT Form and comes right out and states...."He's definitely a Red Tee Champion".....well, that's very disrespectful...don't you think. You wouldn't want ME to say that about YOU, would you?

Good Luck to you.....but "remember"......I'm a TOUR CHAMPION, just like you.  Don't care what your Average is or what mine is. I'm only on here now to have FUN.

Kind Regards,

Jim

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Tue, Aug 8 2023 11:06 AM

SoCalJim23:

Actually CT..............I have a total of (25) "Double-Eagles"......not just (4).

Regards,

Jim

25 double eagles?...oi vey.

I played for nearly 10 years and never had even one. I did, however, ace a couple of holes and drove a ball 41 yards with my putter.:)

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Tue, Aug 8 2023 2:40 PM

SoCalJim23:
    But I am no longer concerned about what my "Average" is....just playing for FUN...and hoping to hole some more Eagles & Double-Eagles along the way.

That's a great attitude, Jim.  I wish more people had that philosophy.

SoCalJim23:
    You have a very long history of "Match Play". But if you look at my stats, you will notice I have NEVER played a "Match" against any WGT Player.  And with all due respect, I don't plan to play any "Match Games".

Yes, I did notice that.  But I figured now that you are playing only for fun, you'd consider finally playing a friendly game with another player to mix things up a little.  I respect your decision in not wanting to do so, if that would not be fun for you.

SoCalJim23:
    I see from you WGT Profile that you have been playing very well. I am certain you will be a "Tour Champion" in no time.

Thank you for the kind words.  I think it will still be a few years before I reach TC, though 😁

• LuckySkreet
    611 Posts
    Tue, Aug 8 2023 6:42 PM

gonfission:

Warning, warning        SATIRE    ^^^

My ole' pal..... "fiss".......    LTNS.      See you're still making friends.....!!     Be well, brother!!

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Thu, Aug 10 2023 1:46 AM

SoCalJim23:
    ."He's definitely a Red Tee Champion"..

I dont really care how someone gets to the TC tier and any tier. I have played lots of red tee tourneys that my previous cc's have set up. I have also played lots of other tourneys from white tee's, orange tee's, blue tee's and yellow tee's, and of course the black tee's. Why does know one mention these colored tees when the red tee arguement come up. I dont see anyone complaing about achieveing TC from any other colored tee's.Cheers and relaxed everyone...it's just a silly game.

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Sun, Aug 13 2023 3:46 PM

callaghan159:
    Why does know one mention these colored tees when the red tee arguement come up.

Red tees is merely a reference to forward tees, usually the easiest ones, but not necessarily.

• SoCalJim23
    420 Posts
    Tue, Aug 29 2023 10:03 AM

Well, IMO......anyway you can make an "Eagle" is a good thing. And "no" the hole is not too small....though putting an "Eagle" in the hole is more difficult on the Championship speed greens.

On August 1st, I decided to see just how many "Eagles" I could make in (1) month. Today, August 29th, I hit my 100th "Eagle" for the month of August.  Various courses and it definitely wasn't easy. I hit ALL of these 100 "Eagles" using a .41 cent WGT ball. Also managed to hit a couple of long "Double-Eagles".....using a WGT Starter Ball (though I definitely had a tail wind for those shots to go in - but I'll take them. One was my longest "Double-Eagle"...280.0 yards using a WGT Starter Ball. 

Many of those "Eagles" I hit this month.....were "holed shots". But I hit my balls off the greens on purpose in many cases...as it gave me an opportunity to use the "flop shot" to get the "Eagles".

So, "yes" the hole does seem very small at times......but hitting "Eagles" is definitely possible here on WGT.  And I'm planning on hit many more.

Jim

RSS