Forums

Help › Forums

missing eagles

rated by 0 users
Sat, Sep 2 2023 3:11 PM (49 replies)
  • alpenpirat
    1,126 Posts
    Wed, Jul 26 2023 12:32 AM

does wgt have a destruction radar for eagles?
    I think so. as many eagles as i just miss fit on no cow skin. I think there were about a thousand.
    who feels the same, it would be exciting who has the most missed eagles here.
  • craigswan
    30,985 Posts
    Wed, Jul 26 2023 3:06 AM
    All my missed eagles turn into birdies .
  • alpenpirat
    1,126 Posts
    Wed, Jul 26 2023 3:42 AM

craigswan:
    All my missed eagles turn into birdies .

true that, but we like see more eagles. 

• ScottHope
    10,095 Posts
    Wed, Jul 26 2023 3:49 AM

I'm very tempted to ask my Google™ assistant how many eagles fit on no cowskin, but I'm worried she might have a seizure!  8 (

• alosso
    21,038 Posts
    Wed, Jul 26 2023 9:50 AM

Not many eagles fit on one cow skin but of missed eagles, many do!

It's a German saying, "Das geht auf keine Kuhhaut!" - (verbatim: It doesn't fit on cow skin), translated by Leo to "It beggars description!". One explanation is that, in medieval times, devils were writing people's sins on animal skins (parchment). Though usually sheep skins were used, for the sins, not even cow skins were big enough.

• ScottHope
    10,095 Posts
    Wed, Jul 26 2023 9:58 AM

Thanks for that Paul. I'm catching on slowly.  ; )

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Wed, Jul 26 2023 12:03 PM

ScottHope:
    Thanks for that Paul.

+1

Very interesting, alosso. Good to know.

• SoCalJim23
    420 Posts
    Fri, Jul 28 2023 11:56 PM

Post deleted by me........Jim.

• gonfission
    2,230 Posts
    Sun, Jul 30 2023 10:15 AM

What's with the bold typeface? Some might think you are vociferating unnecessarily.

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Sun, Jul 30 2023 3:16 PM

Jim - why have you started writing in bold font?  Can you not see what you are writing?  Or maybe you want to make sure everyone sees what you have to write?  There are/were one or two others like that here too!

I took a look at your profile - you have nearly as many eagles as you do ranked rounds, and yet your scores are very poor to say the least, rarely breaking par.  I find it hard to comprehand that someone who can get eagles with such regularity isn't able to get birdies and pars.  Is it becasue you are playing from forward tees (although that still wouldn't explain the lack of even more birdies)?

You have said many times recently in numerous threads that you play with the starter ball, but you are regularly buying the 100cr WGT slow meter balls, and occasionally even more expensive level 64 & 65 balls (not that it made any difference to your scores, so your theory of better balls make better scores goes out of the window!), so are you really playing with the starter ball as you say, seeing as the 100cr ball is in your inventory?  Also, and this may explain your poor scores despite the barrage of eagles, you have made 2 separate purchases of the same ball on the same day (as well as a few gifts to your 'lady' friends, but that's something for another thread some time maybe), so maybe you are losing them?  That would certainly explain the high scores.  The high purchasing rate does not tie in with the amount of rounds you play.

And just one final thing that's puzzling me - you've said elsewhere that you've won thousands of tournaments, but I don't see how with scores like you have showing in your score history.  This morning I had a go at Wolf Creek front 9 with a starter ball; I was -4 after 7 holes.  Unfortunately I put a ball into the water on the par 3 8th for a double bogey, but I wouldn't normally do that.  I've not won a thousand tournaments let alone thousands, yet I can still score pretty low even with a starter ball, so my question is, why can't you, particularly with the amount of eagles you get?  And don't say it's becasue your clubs aren't good enough - years ago the clubs and balls available were far inferior to what we have now and we could all still score low.

RSS