• SoCalJim23
    420 Posts
    Sun, Jul 30 2023 8:35 PM

Post deleted by me.......Jim.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Mon, Jul 31 2023 2:40 AM

MioKontic:
    took a look at your profile - you have nearly as many eagles as you do ranked rounds, and yet your scores are very poor to say the least, rarely breaking par.  I find it hard to comprehand that someone who can get eagles with such regularity isn't able to get birdies and pars.  Is it becasue you are playing from forward tees (although that still wouldn't explain the lack of even more birdies)?

I'm guessing you missed his MO? He plays mostly courses, that have par 5s on the 1st hole, restarts until he gets an eagle and only then finishes the round in a very mediocre fashion. And he absolutely played red tee tourneys to get to his tier. All in all a clinic in stat shaping... 

• craigswan
    30,984 Posts
    Mon, Jul 31 2023 4:49 AM

Putting .

According to Pelz, if it is travelling at dead weight it's going so slow that the depression created by golfers stepping to get their ball out of the hole will knock the ball off line.

1 foot past is best. the depression is 6 inches away from the cup where everyone leans over to get the ball out.

Ever have a dead weight putt break the wrong way? it is the "Pelz Donut" knocking the ball off line.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Mon, Jul 31 2023 10:58 AM

LOL

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Tue, Aug 1 2023 2:42 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

LOL

Is it just me or when Homer flexes his chest muscles they look like his eys. LOL

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Tue, Aug 1 2023 3:49 AM

AnaNikolaj:

I'm guessing you missed his MO? He plays mostly courses, that have par 5s on the 1st hole, restarts until he gets an eagle and only then finishes the round in a very mediocre fashion. And he absolutely played red tee tourneys to get to his tier. All in all a clinic in stat shaping... 

Well spotted, I didn't look into it that closely.  That also explains why he needs to buy two sleeves of balls in one day.  A quick calculation - 90 hits per cheap WGT ball (1.0 durability), 3 shots on the 1st hole (the eagle is usually a holed flop shot because he's not good enough to hit the green), that's 30 restarts per ball, 90 restarts per sleeve.  That's some dedication to something that means nothing  :)

• SoCalJim23
    420 Posts
    Sat, Aug 5 2023 2:10 PM

Mio...........Yes, I can play pretty well using a "WGT Starter Ball".  I just now hit a Par 72 on 18 Holes @ Wolf Creek.

I have also hit at least (4) "Double-Eagles" using a "WGT Starter Ball".

Best Regards,

Jim

P.S.....Mio.  Also, in August of 2021.....I hit a score of "70" on Wolf Creek using a "Starter Ball".....and on Hole #2...I sank an 84 Ft. Eagle Putt (and that's a 2 tier Green).

And SAM......You have played a ton of Match Games...I have NEVER played a single Match Game. You'll need to find another "Tour Champion" to play......Not interested my friend.

Jim

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Sun, Aug 6 2023 2:29 PM

SoCalJim23:

Yes, I can play pretty well using a "WGT Starter Ball".  I just now hit a Par 72 on 18 Holes @ Wolf Creek.

I have also hit at least (4) "Double-Eagles" using a "WGT Starter Ball".

Hi Jim,

Those are both great achievements using a WGT Starter Ball.  Congratulations 🥂

I must confess, I don't play with a starter ball much.  In fact, I can't remember the last time that I did.  But, nevertheless, I'd like to suggest that you and I play a friendly 18-hole match, with both of us using starter balls.  I'd love to see how I'd stack up against a Tour Champion of your caliber, particularly using the Starter Ball.

You, of course, can pick the course & conditions (shot clock, timeouts, apparel on or off).  What say you? Maybe between the 2 of us, we can even find some of those "missing eagles" that the OP mentioned 🙂

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sun, Aug 6 2023 3:19 PM

My money is on Sam Spayed. Even though a dbl eagle is rarer than an ace (and Jim has 4?), Sam's course management and intelligence will prevail.

'sayin

ct

• SoCalJim23
    420 Posts
    Sun, Aug 6 2023 8:08 PM

Actually CT..............I have a total of (26) "Double-Eagles"......not just (4).

Regards,

Jim

RSS