Mon, Dec 7 2009 11:21 PM (60 replies)
  • Vardon
    50 Posts
    Wed, Nov 25 2009 8:06 AM

Keep the tips coming!

• BigBallsBilly
    13 Posts
    Thu, Nov 26 2009 6:04 AM

Just curious, what is the avg stroke to make master?  I definitely am not ready for it yet, and know I am not close, I am just wondering. 

What's strange is I see Pros with an avg of 68 and Madters with an avg of 73. 

Thanks

• Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Thu, Nov 26 2009 7:42 AM

Getting to master is easy - playing like a master when you get there is the hard part. I just played bp front 9, and like the guy playing me said, I couldnt hit an elephant in the ass with a bass fiddle. lol

• Vardon
    50 Posts
    Thu, Nov 26 2009 5:15 PM

BigBallsBilly:

Just curious, what is the avg stroke to make master?  I definitely am not ready for it yet, and know I am not close, I am just wondering. 

What's strange is I see Pros with an avg of 68 and Madters with an avg of 73. 

Thanks

It's somewhere in between 66 and 67.  The reason why some masters are at 73 is because they once were down in the 66 range, but when they got to master their average went up.  Once a master, always a master no matter your average.  There's a master that has an average of like 90 or something.  Hope this helps!

• BigBallsBilly
    13 Posts
    Fri, Nov 27 2009 9:12 AM

So the game gets more difficult at the Maters level?  Is it the different tees?  Faster meter?  etc?

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Fri, Nov 27 2009 7:51 PM
    Yup tees are further back. Get a game with any master & check out thje scorecard after any hole. You'll see the yardage difference. They're W A Y back on some of the longer par 3's.
  • BigBallsBilly
    13 Posts
    Sat, Nov 28 2009 2:31 PM

Gotcha, so pros play from the blues and Masters from the blacks.  OK.  Cool.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sat, Nov 28 2009 3:48 PM

Yep  so they  get the magical r9  driver  with a very narrow ping range  not  much room on either side of the meter....will knock a perfect ding on the line drive  forever on some holes..

• jimjam114
    68 Posts
    Sat, Nov 28 2009 11:28 PM

hi vardon, jimjam114 here when u put devide ur distance meter by how many sections ur putter goes back to full swing and that gives u an acurate measurement to work off try it & u will c what i mean good luck putting JIMJAM114 by the way im only pro we can still help each other peace

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2009 7:54 AM

JimJam, here are some periods for you: .................................................................................

.....................................................................................................................................................!

Let me know if you need any more.  Thanks.

RSS