Forums

Help › Forums

Mon, Oct 10 2011 6:51 AM (147 replies)
  • zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 7:00 AM

Time to invoke the great Yancy, isn't it?

So here's the voice of Yancy, from the Mother Ship and such, and I quote:

"Remember people, this is all just Beta."

• sunshinewilly
    346 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 7:08 AM

I also just did a quick practice round and 1 move on the wedges in this alternate reality seems to be 2 moves in the real world.  The 3 wd seems to be affected as well.  Holy doodle, this is not very fun.

• Golfspieler
    1,614 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 7:10 AM

I was out playing the weekly ctth contest when I got to the 8th hole where I usually do a punch shot  67 yards. And that's like 1 avatar movement down on my 85 yard wedge (71 punch) and the avatar movement was just not where it should be lol. Thought it was just me, but I guess wgt has been messing around with the game again grrr.

• misstery
    705 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 7:10 AM

Best thing to do is bin your avatar, create a new one, stick at hack level and exploit the game in the same way WGT are exploiting the people that are pumping huge amounts of thier hard earned cash into the game as they laugh all the way to the bank.

It seems for every one thing they put right 3 other things go wrong

I can't keep making notes on what's been changed! I've run out of wallpaper!!!!

I'm so fed up.

I know i'm a whingeing cry baby :-(

• sunshinewilly
    346 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 7:11 AM

Thanks goodness, i just checked and putting seems to be the same for now!

• freddysfunky
    38 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 7:21 AM

WGT. "WE" are all that matters, not you. Taking the fun out of golf since 2010.

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 7:22 AM

I'm thankful that i've never ever paid attention to the avatar's movements, all my shots are done by eye on the meter. Seeing as a lot of shots are becoming more & more guesswork, looks like i'm a step ahead of the field.LOL

• DarSum
    1,440 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 7:23 AM

YankeeJim:

*edit- @DS-Preliminary look seems to have halved the values. Would be interested in what you find.

I have no idea when I'll even have the time to remap everything YJ. So this means no ranked rounds or RGs for me until I do.

DIgging further it seems EVERY club is affected.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 7:50 AM

I played a couple of test holes and can say the clubs haven't changed.  What has changed is the swing animations.  A full swing used to have an avatar move every 5% of the meter.  That's no longer true as said above.  However, if you used a ruler, tape on the screen or an overlay to indicate per cent of power you're OK.  A choke down to 95% still gives a dependable distance.  If you depended on avatar moves you're affected.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 7:51 AM

I have never used the avatar movements either. Started to really get the hang of the approach shots, hitting almost every GIR. Now it is time for me to introduce myself in the forums as a new player. Hello all, I am Renniw52, I have over 800 ranked rounds, a 64.35 avg, but I am brand new to this game. I have never swung the clubs in my bag before. I am sure of this because they perform totally different than the ones I was using. The drives I used to put in the fairway now roll 2 inches off into 40-50 rough. My 120 nine iron now goes either 85 yrds or 160 yrds, of course this depends on whether the wind is blowing at 8 mph in my face  or 8 mph at my back. I'm really looking forward to learning this game and meeting new friends.

RSS