Forums

Help › Forums

Mon, Oct 10 2011 6:51 AM (147 replies)
  • DarSum
    1,440 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 5:56 AM

WTF is going on WGT? I've only check 2 of my wedges so far.

My CG 60° 80 yrd wedge avatar movements are WAY off now. So is my TM 64° 50 yrd wedge.

2 movements down from full on the 60° was 72 yrds all day everyday. Now it goes 64 yrds.

3 movements down from full on the 64° was 36 all day everyday. Not it goes 30 yrds.

There are avatar movements missing! Starting from full shot with either wedge dragging it down I can see I have to go further off full to get an avatar movement now.

This is unacceptable to make a change this drastic.

I've cleared cache. Reset Safari. Restarted the game (twice). I have no idea if my 52° is affected or not.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 6:07 AM

Coventry pointed out in another thread that they went down by 1/2, from 20 to 10. This jives with what you're seeing. Will definitely BRB, going to find out if my numbers changed!

• DarSum
    1,440 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 6:11 AM

This is BS!!!

This needs changed back ASAP WGT. No way should you be able to modify clubs like this.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 6:16 AM

DarSum:

This is BS!!!

This needs changed back ASAP WGT. No way should you be able to modify clubs like this.

Right from the Terms and Conditions:

In addition, you agree that WORLD GOLF TOUR retains the sole and unfettered right to change, remove or modify the available virtual items from time to time (which may among other things make one or more virtual items more or less effective or functional, more common or less common, or eliminated entirely)

Cheers,

b0gey

• DarSum
    1,440 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 6:21 AM

b0geybuster:

Right from the Terms and Conditions:

In addition, you agree that WORLD GOLF TOUR retains the sole and unfettered right to change, remove or modify the available virtual items from time to time (which may among other things make one or more virtual items more or less effective or functional, more common or less common, or eliminated entirely)

Cheers,

b0gey

That's awesome.

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 6:22 AM

You buy clubs with good faith, you dont expect them to get less precise a few months down the line.  If you buy a new set of real clubs, ping does'nt take them back after a few rounds and turns your putter head into a block of wood instead.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 6:36 AM

AS promised, just got back and DS is right on the money. The move values have been chopped in half. I am 100% sure of the numbers I test. The CG60 always, always, always had 5 yards per move. So did the 64W and the 100 went 5 5 7 and 8. Not any more.

Coventry said the moves wen't from 20 to 10. I never counted all of them, I only went backwards from full swing. By what he says and what I just learned the values have changed the same way. 1 move is now 10 yards with the 60w. All the moves have lost their value and it almost looks like they were halved. 

I verified this at BPB on the back 9 in practice mode and then in the UL at SA. The full swings are OK but anything partial is no longer what you've learned. Clearing the Flash cache does not change anything. I did this and retested with the same results. 

Plain and simple, the clubs changed. Whether or not it's a goof up reamains to be seen but this is definitely a very low blow, IMO.

• Caven
    63 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 6:40 AM

The irons also have changed.

As far as WGT's right to alter, it is also our consumer right to retain what we purchased.

If WGT would care to reply what benefit they found in this change I know I would be interested to hear, as this change has altered the accuracy of the game.  Can't say I care for this much.

• DarSum
    1,440 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 6:42 AM

A low blow indeed. Especially when your first round of the day is a ready go in which credits were used to enter. Then find out your equipment has changed and you have no idea how far your shot is going to go. WD. Thanks for that WGT.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 6:51 AM

OK. We know WGT isn't going to be around any time soon to debunk this so in the absence of them righting the ship they sold us, what's the next step? Back to the practice rounds that eat up the balls while you recalibrate your stuff?

We can cry foul all we want but it's their game by their rules. Personally, I'm going to sit back and watch but am definitely going to remap everything. I've been forewarned. :-(

*edit- @DS-Preliminary look seems to have halved the values. Would be interested in what you find.

RSS