Forums

Help › Forums

Mon, Oct 10 2011 6:51 AM (147 replies)
  • chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 7:54 AM

andyson:

I played a couple of test holes and can say the clubs haven't changed.  What has changed is the swing animations.  A full swing used to have an avatar move every 5% of the meter.  That's no longer true as said above.  However, if you used a ruler, tape on the screen or an overlay to indicate per cent of power you're OK.  A choke down to 95% still gives a dependable distance.  If you depended on avatar moves you're affected.

Is this going to be a way of introducing "IRON PAL" on the fly..LOL

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 8:05 AM

As "TYPICAL" as it gets....No Reply's / Response  / Update /  from WGT and its faaaabulous customer service as of "yet"......

• sunshinewilly
    346 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 8:22 AM

With all due respect Edge, the OP was only just over 2 hours ago.  I am sure one the boys will be chiming in soon.  I just hope that they offer a reasonable explanation.  I have no problem with changes in the game as long as they are done for a reason...whatever that may be.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 8:26 AM

Don't count on it , willy. All we'll be seeing is the varied opinions on what happened and a lot of grousing about it. WGT just doesn't react to us reacting, they just sit back and keep on keeping on. Not really a bad thing, just a bit obnoxious.

• sunshinewilly
    346 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 8:27 AM

YJ, i know this from most of the responses I have seen.  That is why I said "I hope" ;)  

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 8:30 AM

Birdwell posted an interesting take here.  http://wgt.com/forums/t/64369.aspx

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 8:32 AM

With this change, the littlest notification would be nice. We spend the money and the time, in return WGT at the least can take 60 seconds of their time and give us a heads up. That's all. Nothing big. Just out of respect for their paying customers.

• mongo441
    412 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 8:33 AM

Played a few rounds today and certainly the motions have been changed. I never use avatar movements with exception to putting with the 15ft scale. I don't think this has been altered. The other exception was my 80yr Cleveland.  I used it for the 75yr mark and it was not there. I ran past it twice and  still non-existent.  Although I'm not really affected, I find it ludicrous to make such a drastic change, when so many players will be affected.  When you learn your clubs to shoot well then play tourns that cost credits, only to find out that everything is changed that is garbage. I'm sorry, but you dropped the ball big time on this, when a needless change affects such a large number. Of course you reserve the right to change the game to your liking, but a little notification would be appreciated so people can prepare.

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 9:46 AM

mongo441:
    Although I'm not really affected, I find it ludicrous to make such a drastic change, when so many players will be affected.  When you learn your clubs to shoot well then play tourns that cost credits, only to find out that everything is changed that is garbage. I'm sorry, but you dropped the ball big time on this, when a needless change affects such a large number.

I agree that some notification should have been made.

I think the avatar movement change was possibly necessary to streamline the avatar animation like they did. I can not say for sure, but perhaps the movement and animation are directly linked - the avatar movements do control the backswing after all. So perhaps the changes were not 'needless.'  They might not have foreseen the effect this would have on peoples games. 

So far the change has resulted in smoother game play for me meter and animation wise.

People will adjust to the new movements if they want to use them. We just have to figure them out. :P

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 10:16 AM

I believe the meter issue is being slooooowly resolved. Lets hope so...

RSS