Forums

Help › Forums

Coronavirus

Wed, Mar 25 2020 6:09 AM (173 replies)
  • dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2020 1:32 PM

micheldess:

Right now it's awful but It's clear the situation will be way better in a month or two. 

You can't even imagine how wrong that is.

Read reports and statements from working virologists and epidemiologists working actively on this every day in 'hot' medical facilities and the CDC. They're looking at 18 months as a hopeful estimate for infections to flatten out. This virus is still evolving and throwing up unseen things in it's profile from when it first appeared. 

Example: It is now considered fatal and dangerous for all age groups with hospitals seeing people as young as early 20's coming in with severe late stage lung symptoms and people in their 30's on ventilators. 

In a month or two, hopefully the sheer magnitude of what is happening and going to happen will have sunk in. A common theme from the people working with the virus seems to be that when it burns out, the world will be a very different place. 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2020 4:48 PM

@TyMacni 

Absolutely! 
    😀 

• jenwren
    2,670 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2020 5:12 PM

craigswan:

I loved the australian prime minister remarks .

Australia is a great country .

The people of australia are great people .

Or so i thought .

Now i am embarrassed and ashamed .

The people who are hoarding food from the supermarkests and leaving nothing on the shelves need to stop now .

Reminds me of last summer in florida .

No gas , no food , nothing . And the hurricane did not come within 500 miles of us .

Get a grip Britain . It is now happening here .

Not sure if you are mocking him but our Prime Minister is doing a great job considering the circumstances.

Yes the grubs (as I call them) are clearing shelves everywhere and there are some of us who have not been able to get anything at all for over three weeks now.  Yes our supplies are getting quite low.

When you think about it, our country has never had to take such drastic measures ever so it is a very new experience for everyone here.  Not only that we have had to endure a summer of massive fires so people trying to restock have not been able to. 

Just wish people were more sensible.

Jenwren

• PeterPerfection
    97 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2020 5:31 PM

Mate I'm shocked. My thoughts  are with you and your family. 

• Miaski0
    88 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2020 6:11 PM

This game is a group of people that come from all corners of the earth to play a virtual game of golf. Instead of continued posts of the inevitable maybe we should come together as one team. There may be members on here who need a shoulder to cry on, may have lost a loved one, need someone to talk to or may just need a god dang roll of toilet paper. Instead of the numerous posts on how many millions will die maybe our efforts should be directed on how we can help each other. 

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2020 11:50 PM

Miaski0:

This game is a group of people that come from all corners of the earth to play a virtual game of golf. Instead of continued posts of the inevitable maybe we should come together as one team. There may be members on here who need a shoulder to cry on, may have lost a loved one, need someone to talk to or may just need a god dang roll of toilet paper. Instead of the numerous posts on how many millions will die maybe our efforts should be directed on how we can help each other. 

Thats a great point,

I have my parents, both in their mid 70’s with underlying health problems so that’s a major concern for me and the many others in similar situations.

I have for two days been seeing TV reports in France about ‘Chloroquine’ chlorine based i assume but like anything will need stringent testing before they consider it viable. 

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Mon, Mar 23 2020 1:05 AM

The one thing I do is, avoid tv in regards to Corona. All news are not trust worthy.

It won't do much help apart from being obvious.

Here in my state, Our Chief Minister n Health minister does a small press conference ever day in the evening time. And I make sure I do not miss it n tune in.

The things they update with us are trust worthy n in most cases a big relief :) 

- Carl 

• TyMacni
    1,573 Posts
    Mon, Mar 23 2020 2:34 AM

carlosdev:
    The one thing I do is, avoid tv in regards to Corona. All news are not trust worthy.

Hi Carl,

This is the most concise and accurate information I have seen. 

Tony

• craigswan
    30,983 Posts
    Mon, Mar 23 2020 2:49 AM

Cannot even get a haircut now .

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Mon, Mar 23 2020 4:41 AM

A worth watching video incase already haven't seen it.

Will definitely give a different perspective.

RSS