Help › Forums

Coronavirus

Wed, Mar 25 2020 6:09 AM (173 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, Mar 21 2020 7:09 PM

Good graphic below. Live version here:

https://www.ft.com/coronavirus-latest

If link above to live data doesn't load properly (i.e. is beyond a paywall), go to this tweet and follow the link from there.

https://twitter.com/jburnmurdoch/status/1241463928271581185

• Agassi1991
    777 Posts
    Sat, Mar 21 2020 7:24 PM

Hi

You will in the next couple of days see the USA numbers of Covid-19 cases

rapidly increasing much much faster than UK,Italy, Spain, France.

Good Blees you over there!!

You will also see Brasil, Turkey, Russia, Africa, India, Bangladesh and I could go on

rapidly incresing.

Peter

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2020 2:16 AM

There are countries not conducting enough test on people and/or lying about their stats. Whenever an individual, a group, a nation or a country refuses to face the reality or distorts it, that's where the real problem begins and lies on.

• TyMacni
    1,573 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2020 4:08 AM

The USA 1st Case 21 Jan 2020.  Availability of test kits was Very. limited it, it was 12 March 2020 to complete 1000.   People who exhibited al the symptomsners 

The priorities for testing were to be  Medical and First Responders,

- and those with symptoms that met the criteria for testing - this was to be used to map the flus' path' ID areas to address, etc.

HAVING PROBLEMS with my laptop. I just lost over 4 paragraphs of text (for the 2nd time)

I am totally wiped out, will try again later.

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2020 5:57 AM

Lockdown started!! 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2020 8:11 AM

The one positive thing that's coming out of this is we can now see how quickly the populace can become extremely educated. 

Based on social media posts, ordinary people became experts in epidemiology, data science, and emergency response preparedness virtually overnight.    

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2020 8:35 AM

Robert1893:

well i readed most of the post here in this thread.. this graphic show the very fast trasmission of this virus ... i just want tell 2 things: 

1 all the graphic and the stuff on the web are fake.  (if u don t know the exact number of cases in a country we are giving just numbers. )

2 many countries are only counting the deaths about people that never had any other patology. like in germany. in italy we are counting every single man or woman that die and the test say positive.   

about the graphic we cannot talk about cases and deaths and percentage just because we didn t make 62 million of test in italy.. we have 46000 cases considering 150.'000 test.. the mortality we have having is an avg of 600 deaths for day since a week... yesterday 763... the day before 712.. so we are tallking about nothing...  we have 47ooo cases but probably considering the deaths we have at least 2 times the cases ... about 100.000 cases maybe or more.. ..   the same is in UK Spain France Germany and many other countries... just consider that from Milan everyday there are 20 or more fly to all the other european capitals..  so what are we talking about????

this virus showed  everyone that the Europe doesn t work ... it s a total failure as project , as laws, as everything else.. the oms say the italian model... wtf ... people is passing away because there are not  intensive therapy rooms..  what fk of model is this one. ???? 5000 bed for this intensive therapy on a population of 60 million...the other countries in europe should have locked down everything at the same time of italy to save their people but as everyone know it s all about economy.. what the UK prime minister said in television is out of mind..  i m so sorry for uk citizens that are going to risk a lot.. same for spain..  i just hope that people will do the best to stay at home ...especially i hope they can understand that it's not a common fever. and i hope that countries where this virus is still undercover  they can start to take measure to save their people.  

• BogeyOne
    1,966 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2020 8:57 AM

Try this: https://ncov2019.live/

It is the most informative thing I have found and it updates constantly.  It is down for maintenance on occasion but always comes back quickly.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2020 9:02 AM

maoriand1:
    2 many countries are only counting the deaths about people that never had any other patology. like in germany. in italy we are counting every single man or woman that die and the test say positive. 

That's what I thought too.

A large percentage of those that die already have medical conditions, some extremely serious. As I understand it, and I'm not very confident about how well I do, and from what you say Italy counts evryone who has Coronavirus and dies as a Coronavirus death while other countries do not. That greatly distorts comparitive numbers.

Sorry for basically repeating what you said, I just wanted to reenforce that point.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2020 9:21 AM

BogeyOne:

Try this: https://ncov2019.live/

It is the most informative thing I have found and it updates constantly.  It is down for maintenance on occasion but always comes back quickly.

It may have been posted previously, but Worldometer is also very good with a wealth of data and charts.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ 

RSS