Help › Forums

Coronavirus

Wed, Mar 25 2020 6:09 AM (173 replies)
  • maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2020 9:31 AM

DodgyPutter:

maoriand1:
    2 many countries are only counting the deaths about people that never had any other patology. like in germany. in italy we are counting every single man or woman that die and the test say positive. 

That's what I thought too.

A large percentage of those that die already have medical conditions, some extremely serious. As I understand it, and I'm not very confident about how well I do, and from what you say Italy counts evryone who has Coronavirus and dies as a Coronavirus death while other countries do not. That greatly distorts comparitive numbers.

Sorry for basically repeating what you said, I just wanted to reenforce that point.

no worries P.. your english is much better then mine :))) 

about your post i say YES..   this is the  reason why it's not so right compare different countries and their stats 

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2020 9:56 AM

Robert1893:

The one positive thing that's coming out of this is we can now see how quickly the populace can become extremely educated. 

Based on social media posts, ordinary people became experts in epidemiology, data science, and emergency response preparedness virtually overnight.    

Agreed Robert, I’m English and live in France where we, like Spain and Italy are on lockdown, other countries too. 

Even though i live here my french language wasn’t  too bad, were not allowed out so i’m watching a lot of french television, conversing with my french neighbours and it’s coming along in strides.

On a more serious note, take care everyone, look after you folks, and anyone who may need checking but everyone seriously needs to self isolate.

• TyMacni
    1,573 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2020 10:58 AM

andwhy67:

Robert1893:

The one positive thing that's coming out of this is we can now see how quickly the populace can become extremely educated. 

Based on social media posts, ordinary people became experts in epidemiology, data science, and emergency response preparedness virtually overnight.    

Agreed Robert, I’m English and live in France where we, like Spain and Italy are on lockdown, other countries too. 

Even though i live here my french language wasn’t  too bad, were not allowed out so i’m watching a lot of french television, conversing with my french neighbours and it’s coming along in strides.

On a more serious note, take care everyone, look after you folks, and anyone who may need checking but everyone seriously needs to self isolate.

Hi Robert,

Please tell me you where being sarcastic !

• micheldess
    819 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2020 11:05 AM

usa will be number one in total cases in the world in a fews days.

why they take serious mesures against coronavirus so late ?

China say to them since one month to be on a lockdown and take mesures before the numbers of cases rises so high and will cause more deaths. And after usa see what happens to italy, europe, and they still respond so late, why ?

Why they never listen to people having to dealing with the virus before them ?

Last week i say here the best solution is to test and be on a lockdown for a month or more if necessary and in 3 months it's over (or almost).

Now they do that, and they make more tests than other countrys in the world (great) but why so late ?

In China only Hubei province was on lockdown, Immediatly the other provinces lockdown themself before the gouvernement say that to them... and that was a great solution...

• Agassi1991
    777 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2020 11:20 AM

It will sadly be the end of USA as we know it.

Millions will die over there.

Peter

• micheldess
    819 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2020 11:48 AM

Agassi1991:

It will sadly be the end of USA as we know it.

Millions will die over there.

Peter

Not millions of deaths, but way too much.

They do the right things now (or almost), better late than never but it if they take that more seriously since a fews weeks, the situation will not be the same of course because it's exponential. If they respect the lockdown It will be better in a month, after the pic.

In China, now they just have to deal with the importated cases from other countrys, and in italy next week-end the numbers of cases will be way lower, the same for countrys from europe in 10 or 15 days maximum. 

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2020 12:24 PM

micheldess:
    It will be better in a month

That is so naive,

And to say the situation is getting better in China, i highly doubt that. This is the country that could have reported this much earlier thus preventing the now ‘pandemic’ but as we know with the Chinese, they are a law unto themselves. An example Dr Li i think his name was, the Chinese scientist who ‘whistle blew’ the outbreak, only to be detained, questioned, returned to work and who then mysteriously died. 

The United Kingdom is weeks behind and in for a massive wake up call, Spain has extended it’s lockdown for a further 15 days, taking over hotels and conference centres to construct temporary hospitals, the death rate in Italy today 22/03 alone is catastrophic.

France is on lockdown, you know that your French, were only allowed out for essential travel, shopping, medical, police on the streets issuing €135 fines without thé necessary paperwork, i needed an attestation to walk the dog. Spain’s fine is $600 and a years prison, Italy’s is €260 and 3 months. 

The USA will suffer immensely as will the rest of the world, all EU borders are closed, this as you say is going to be better in a month?

Remove your head from ……

And please don’t show the ‘race card’ again over the source of the problem, as you did in an earlier post!

• micheldess
    819 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2020 12:38 PM

andwhy, read better what i write please. Right now it's awful but It's clear the situation will be way better in a month or two. Lots of deaths are now inevitable because the countrys take mesures too late but i'm confident for the next months.

i have an advice for you and for everyone, stay cool and calm, the loockdown is the best solution.

In a month when the numbers of cases will be way way lower in europe i hope you will respond here... For usa it will take a little bit more time.

I stop to post here for a month, i will post again in 4, 5 weeks and we will see...

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2020 1:08 PM

This WEBSITE is very well made and informative.

• craigswan
    30,983 Posts
    Sun, Mar 22 2020 1:26 PM

The usa and uk are loathe to take more serious enforcement measures because their population's only know freedom .

They have never known a time when incarceration was on the menu .

And a high percentage will fight this as they are not in the most serious isolation minority .

In other words they are selfish and in the  " I'm all right category" .

RSS