Forums

Help › Forums

slor's 3-Man Team Golf Competition - FINAL USA 2 - 3 AUSTRALIA

Thu, Feb 11 2010 9:35 PM (116 replies)
  • gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2009 5:13 AM

slor:

Should I set a standard credit wager for the singles matches (if permitted by both players' territories)? Any thoughts?

I haven't signed up (yet), slor, but I would say no wagers yet because the minimum is totally ridiculous and unfair. Hopefully WGT will make another quick update soon to fix this horrible oversight.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2009 12:24 PM

You say above "league".  How often will we play and how long do you envision this thing running.  Think I have my 3 man team set but need an answer to this question.

As for wagering, I say pass right now.  If some countries are excluded it could get weird and a lot to coordinate.

As for tees, I say go ranked play and let everyone play from their own tees.

Many thanks,

Jake

• JonnyBau
    72 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2009 1:35 PM

Hey Slor,I would like to Join a team with Jakestanfill7 and Thunderbird!

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2009 6:37 PM

I agree .. no credits Slor .. too many countries and even state by state in the US can not bet at this time.

• slor
    902 Posts
    Sun, Nov 22 2009 5:50 AM

jakestanfill7:

You say above "league".  How often will we play and how long do you envision this thing running.  Think I have my 3 man team set but need an answer to this question.

My thoughts on the competition is to play a knockout tournament with each round lasting half a month. There will probably be around 8-10 teams as things are progressing. No seeding. 'Home' team will be selected at random.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 9:55 PM

Hey Slor,

Why don't you post this tourney with Gaoerfuqui on his WGTCT site.  We might drum up a little more action.

http://wgtct.webs.com/

Thanks,

Jake

• slor
    902 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 3:46 AM

jakestanfill7:

Hey Slor,

Why don't you post this tourney with Gaoerfuqui on his WGTCT site.  We might drum up a little more action.

http://wgtct.webs.com/

Great idea, if someone can cross-post this on my behalf that would be great. slor

• slor
    902 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 3:53 AM

Current teams:

Australia - coolswing(c) pauls, .......
    Great Britain - slor(c) tallacepaul plim
    USA1 - VEGANG1228, ....., .....
    USA2 - lilrob88 salamii fuzzygazz
    USA3 - lvietri BolloxInBruges vabighack
    USA4 - jakestanfill7 Thunderbird JonnyBau

USA teams will need a placename, but we'll get to that later! slor
  • jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 6:32 AM

Slor,

I sent the link to Gao and told him to contact you if he has any questions.

Side note, I think our team will be named Florizongia (Florida, Arizona, Georgia)  but that is subject to change.

Thanks,

Jake

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 7:13 AM
    brandi has my power of attourney in all matters pertaining to this tournament. thank you!
RSS