902 Posts
    Mon, Feb 1 2010 1:41 AM

Front page updated... 2-2 ...

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2010 9:13 PM

Here's the long awaited result of the last match of the Final -

coolswing  defeated  jakestanfill7  2 up

Wow, great match that was and the only thing separated us was that luck was on my side on the day.  

We started off even after birdies on the 10th hole (Kiawah).  Jake won the 11th and went 1 up after I'd botched my approach shot and missed the putt.  We then squared the 12th, 13th, 14th and 15th with plenty of birdies and good approach shots.  On the 16th I managed to even up the match when Jake's short putt lipped out unluckily !  More drama on the 17th when Jake's nice long putt again lipped out and I drained mine to win the hole and the match !

Thanks Jake for a great match and a very enjoyable round.  I also would like to thanks the whole USA team for their patience with us and the good sports that they are.  You guys are truely great friends and great competitors and well done for making it to the final.

Thanks to my Aussie team mates Broohar and pauls who have played so well through out the tournament, I'm just so happy to bring home the win for them, great team work guys !  Go the AUSSIES !

Lastly but most importantly thanks very much to Slor for organizing this tourney, it's such a great concept and I'm sure that all of us involved had a blast.  I look forward to your next tourney already so keep up the great work.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2010 9:19 PM

It was truly a blast.  Well played Vic and the Kangaroos.  Good on ya!  Class acts all the way around....except for that Broohar cat.  I still ain't sure about him :)

Here's your trophy boys.  LOL

• Broohar
    299 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2010 10:38 PM
    Well I was going to be gracious in Victory but after Stretches comment i don't know if I can....... Congrats to all involved a thoroughly deserved win to the Aussies in the end! I guess you septic tanks will have to wait until next time for your revenge. Well done Vic you were the backbone of this team, Pauls you came thru whenever we needed it and me well I just tagged along as stretch insinuated. Thanks Slor for allowing us to compete in such a fun formated tourney, I'm already getting our victory speech ready for next time !!! AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE !!!!!
  • slor
    902 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2010 1:58 AM

Front page updated. Well done everyone and I look forward to the next team competition!

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2010 5:32 PM

You know I love ya Mick errr Broohar.  Now go kiss your kangaroo.  LOL

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2010 9:35 PM

There certainly were some well played matches involved in this one! It was fun and the format was great, congrats to the Aussies. USA can't win them all, but always makes our presence known in any tourney! Jake, it was a pleasure sir to be on the team, 2nd isn't that bad! :))  I look forward to next time.

RSS