Forums

Help › Forums

WGT is coming to Steam Early Access *UPDATE*

Wed, Apr 15 2020 2:39 PM (64 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Wed, Mar 11 2020 5:10 PM

Due to unforeseen circumstances outside of our control, we will not be releasing on Steam tomorrow. This is absolutely heartbreaking to our team who have put forward an incredible effort to have the release ready on time.

We will still be holding our original plan of putting up our new update tomorrow for the PCEA version which will include Alt Shot and skins. 

Our Steam page now includes a tentative date of May 1 which was set by Steam, and we are working with Steam to get a better idea on when we will be able to release. 

Thank you for understanding. 

_CHAMPION 

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Thu, Mar 12 2020 3:45 PM

Anything that is capturing packets/data be it a utility, script (injection), .exe, or anything else which is 'hooked' to a game running from within Steam is going to get you banned. 

Unless it is something which is part of the game, released by WGT and doesn't violate developer terms with Steam.

The problem is if Steam deems your overlay a cheat, you're done. In 12+ years of being on Steam, playing various Clan based games, I've never seen anyone have a ban reversed by Steam. I don't think they even replied back to people, they don't want to hear your explanation.

LoL.... They're pretty cold with that stuff.

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Thu, Mar 12 2020 4:13 PM

dedBuNNy:
    Anything that is capturing packets/data be it a utility, script (injection), .exe, or anything else which is 'hooked' to a game running from within Steam is going to get you banned. 

So what will be flash game for game running on steam? It is hooked to it , running simultaneous ..If steam would run any anticheat tool on PCEA..it would consider flash game a cheat..I still don't see any serious "threat"of a steam, as long ther is flash game

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Thu, Mar 12 2020 5:23 PM

salamicus:

dedBuNNy:

So what will be flash game for game running on steam? It is hooked to it , running simultaneous ..If steam would run any anticheat tool on PCEA..it would consider flash game a cheat..I still don't see any serious "threat"of a steam, as long ther is flash game

If I understand what you're saying here is - Playing the Flash version of the game at the same time as the Steam version? You couldn't, or rather shouldn't anyway. 

You'd be logged into your account in two separate games, even if WGT were going to keep the Flash game going, they don't allow two game windows to be logged on at the same time no matter the platform.

If you ran the Flash game at the same time as the Steam version, Steam would not detect the Flash game as anything because it's running in a browser and not as anything which is 'hooking' into the Steam game. WGT would detect that and you'd get the 'resume or forfeit' prompt or something like that.

Hope that makes sense... 

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Thu, Mar 12 2020 5:42 PM

It,s not the matter of playing in same time, but playing in general...There are same tournaments, same leaderboards. So someone running steam game would be covered with that "anticheat treatment"...while on other side you can play same tournament from flash as it is now..without steam protection

edit : Or lets just assume wgt in steam has some kind of "anticheat"..and you play stroke or alt multiplatform with flash game players..How can steam let flash into that "protected" version to play together? That is what confuses me...You can't run "anti cheat" on one version of game, and let it cooperate with flash version which is not under steam

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Thu, Mar 12 2020 9:16 PM

Oh, ok I see.... Ya, well I guess that's a short term issue but once they kill the Flash access that won't be an issue. WGT won't keep the Flash version running, that's a given.

It's not that Steam is letting anyone into anything, it's whether WGT is building cross platform multi-player access into the new game. Technically they could allow 'browser' players and Mac or PC players to play in the same ALT match for instance, all three games would be accessing the game via WGT servers so no reason they couldn't. 

The issue would be as you say, Steam players would be subject to their anti-cheat and browser players would simply play as usual, which would be ridiculous. 

To me it's not even an issue, WGT is going to kill Flash access at some point, I think they'll do it before the end of 2020 myself.

The worst thing to happen is that they don't release it on Steam and just keep it as is, keep tweaking and polishing the game, basically following the same M/O as the Flash game. I think they will though for sure, just makes sense, no logical reason not to.

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Fri, Mar 13 2020 5:20 AM

If you are a Mac player Steam doesnt support Catalina

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Mar 13 2020 7:28 AM

WGTChampion:

Due to unforeseen circumstances outside of our control, we will not be releasing on Steam tomorrow. This is absolutely heartbreaking to our team who have put forward an incredible effort to have the release ready on time.

We will still be holding our original plan of putting up our new update tomorrow for the PCEA version which will include Alt Shot and skins. 

Our Steam page now includes a tentative date of May 1 which was set by Steam, and we are working with Steam to get a better idea on when we will be able to release. 

Thank you for understanding. 

_CHAMPION 

Thanks Champion. I know you are working hard at it.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2020 12:33 PM

Looks like it's working now.

• iKev
    366 Posts
    Mon, Apr 13 2020 6:04 PM

Tigerpaw509:

If you are a Mac player Steam doesnt support Catalina

Just installed Steam on my MacBook Pro today, and then added the WGT app available through Steam.  All Is working just fine, and I am running the latest version of Catalina.  

RSS