Forums

Help › Forums

WGT is coming to Steam Early Access *UPDATE*

Wed, Apr 15 2020 2:39 PM (64 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2020 7:38 PM

Our new version of WGT, currently found here in the forums, is coming soon to Steam Early Access!

You can find our store page here

Add it to your steam wish list and be notified when it becomes available. 

_CHAMPION 

UPDATE 3/14: Due to unforeseen circumstances outside of our control, we will not be releasing on Steam tomorrow. This is absolutely heartbreaking to our team who have put forward an incredible effort to have the release ready on time.

We will still be holding our original plan of putting up our new update tomorrow for the PCEA version which will include Alt Shot and skins. 

Our Steam page now includes a tentative date of May 1 which was set by Steam, and we are working with Steam to get a better idea on when we will be able to release. 

Thank you for understanding. 

• Borat74
    2,787 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 12:04 AM

Notify me please Champ when its available.

Thanks.

• Robbob1970
    113 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 12:53 AM

This is truly awesome

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 4:22 AM

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 5:40 AM

Just a curious question, why is everyone so Happy about this? I don’t get it. Is there something I’m missing? What’s so good about Steam?

Are you guys thinking this is the Flash game?  It is NOT !! the Flash version it is the same Early Access (PCEA) version that’s already available. 

I mean I kinda see WGT’s reason for this as Steam is a source for potential New players (13 Million Steam users) but I don’t understand why current WGT players would really care ... please help me understand. 😖 

• AlaskanDame
    18,878 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 5:50 AM

MarchieB:
    Just a curious question, why is everyone so Happy about this? I don’t get it. Is there something I’m missing? What’s so good about Steam?
    +1

Will the downloading be easier?  And the updates?

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 8:31 AM

Borat74:

Notify me please Champ when its available.

Thanks.

Add it to your steam wishlist and you'll be notified automatically when it becomes available. 

_CHAMPION 

• Borat74
    2,787 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 8:44 AM

AlaskanDame:

MarchieB:
    +1

Will the downloading be easier?  And the updates?

Im assuming there will be some benefit from it.

Never said i was happy about it Marchie so by Everyone you mean 1 person.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 8:46 AM

MarchieB:

Are you guys thinking this is the Flash game?  It is NOT !! the Flash version it is the same Early Access (PCEA) version that’s already available. 

I mean I kinda see WGT’s reason for this as Steam is a source for potential New players (13 Million Steam users) but I don’t understand why current WGT players would really care ... please help me understand. 😖 

I saw one of the top players a few years ago say that it would be easier for WGT to catch cheaters if it was on Steam,

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 9:33 AM

MarchieB:

I have to agree here - What the hell is the point of this other than looking at maybe bringing in some people who use Steam? 

Unless come March WGT is re-releasing the game and the current installed version we installed via the link here will cease to function - you'll have to install the game via the Steam install process, is it going to be the same?

Also, people will have to have Steam installed in order to play if they go that route and as people know who use Steam, Steam has to be running in order to play games installed and that can cause issues for some older setups etc.

I can see some advantages, but for a free game, which is certainly not a simulator game requiring a 'gaming rig' to play, with little local resources in use, relying mostly still on 'browser push' for the game? Seems a little odd but guess we'll see. 

Maybe WGT has been yanking our chains all along and they've been developing a completely 'other version' of the game. That would be funny. LoL 

RSS