Forums

Help › Forums

WGT is coming to Steam Early Access *UPDATE*

Wed, Apr 15 2020 2:39 PM (64 replies)
  • Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2020 4:36 AM

Young46:

It would be any software that directly modifies the code of the game (i.e. cheat engine). While rulers and compasses are controversial, they don't modify any executable files within the game, they are just simply overlays.

Do you think that the hot key code you made would be a issue? I use the one that makes the screen size any size I want for the PCEA. 

Dave. 

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2020 6:27 AM

Dave33200:
    I use the one that makes the screen size any size I want for the PCEA. 

That's the main reason I don't play the new app. The selection of screen sizes are either too small or too stretched out. Full screen is so big, I have to move my arm just to get full power, instead of using wrist.

Is that an easy thing to set up Dave?

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2020 6:32 AM

How far that assumption goes, when people see already game in steam launcher using "VAc"...and on other side flash game still available and compatible uses nothing..So if you want to cheat you can go in flash and cheat till end of its days :)

edit: I think flas game needs to be completely dead and gone, before new game start using that kind of protections...

Nik

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2020 7:07 AM

jayw4862:

Dave33200:
    I use the one that makes the screen size any size I want for the PCEA. 

That's the main reason I don't play the new app. The selection of screen sizes are either too small or too stretched out. Full screen is so big, I have to move my arm just to get full power, instead of using wrist.

Is that an easy thing to set up Dave?

Yes, it's easy to set up & use. It even has a save feature so you don't have to re-enter the same screen size every time to load the game. 

You can goto youngs46 profile page and get all the detail.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2020 7:32 AM

Dave33200:

Yes, it's easy to set up & use. It even has a save feature so you don't have to re-enter the same screen size every time to load the game. 

You can goto youngs46 profile page and get all the detail.

Thanks a bunch Dave!! 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2020 8:55 AM

DodgyPutter:

SamSpayed:

Use caution when installing any game modifications like scripts or custom skins, and only download custom content from trusted sources.

I guess it would all boil down to what WGT considers a cheat and what they don't

I thought similar when I read this in the FAQ:

Why was I VAC banned?

You have been VAC banned because your account, or an account using the phone number tied to your account, connected to a VAC-secured server while running cheat software.

Valve Anti-Cheat regularly checks the game files of all users connected to Valve's servers to ensure third party software is not being used which gives players an advantage. If software of this kind is detected a VAC ban will be issued.

Does a ruler, a wind thing,etc give a player an advantage?

I guess we'll find out all sorts in nine days or wgt will tell us before.  Nine days isn't too long :-))

Something else just occurred to me. Game Mouses may be a problem.

I use it on my other steam games with no issue though.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2020 9:58 AM

DonCaron:

Something else just occurred to me. Game Mouses may be a problem.

I use it on my other steam games with no issue though.

Settings for the mouse are stored outside the game.  I have used many different mice(both corded and wireless)for years with Steam, never had a problem.

Kinda makes me wonder tho, why all the questions and the game is not even there yet.

I can give you a couple of examples of cheat software that Steam will catch;  Those that game will know what I am talking about.  Even in single player you used to be able to open a console and type in different instructions(god mode, all ammo, etc.)  Steam now disallows that on any game, it will not ban you but will stop scoring any games levels after you do so.  I don't believe you want to do that in a multiplayer game, you might have to ask yourself, why can I no longer play.

Another big cheat in FPS was, be running with a sniper rifle and shoot a single shot in a opponents head.  Only cheat software would allow you to do that and Steam will catch it.

You may also find yourself having to install some software, or you won't to able to get into multiplayer. Punkbuster used to be one that needed to be installed or you couldn't play multiplayer. Punkbuster is/was a cheat catching program, they are way beyond that now. The magic 7 iron would have been caught in a heartbeat.
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2020 12:02 PM

I use Kat's Calculator for High Winds with overlays for the wind gauge and the Percentage scale on early access. My clubs are mapped to the percentages.

Calculator and my spreadsheets for reference. Most of the spreadsheets are already memorized. 

I don't see that any of these would be a problem as none of them affect the game.

• Dex000
    109 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2020 1:46 PM

I'm hoping we'll be able to keep playing on the early version without having to play on Steam. Has there been any word on if this will be the case or not?

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Mon, Mar 9 2020 2:18 PM

RSS