Forums

Help › Forums

WGT is coming to Steam Early Access! *UPDATED*

Sat, Jul 9 2022 5:35 AM (113 replies)
  • garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 12:27 PM

Yiannis1970:
    OS minimum requirements: Win 8,10. That means we with win 7 are out of the game?

Right now I play the PCEA on an emachines win7 computer(getting old, for that matter)with no problems.  (I do have a nvidia gtx570 GPU in it tho)(came about when I rebuild my gaming rig.

I can install steam and run a number of my older games(most games get limited by GPU more then anything else)

I saw the minimum requirements you stated, so yet to be seen.

Win7 still worked on my gaming rig for alot of the newer games that said it wanted either 8 or 10.  Motherboard went out so could not use the copy of 7 that came with it.  I built a new rig from the ground up only using my case and DVD drive.  Win 10 and SSD's

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 12:33 PM

garyk49:
    Games have not been stand alone and stored on your local computer for quite some time,(including the PCEA)  I can remember the time, if the internet was down, you could still play.  Not anymore.

Yeah, I still have some of those games. Now everything is done online

• DufferJohn7
    3,563 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 12:43 PM

Does this mean in March we'll have to join and install Steam to play the PCEA Desktop game? Or will we continue to play it from the desktop as we do now?

DJ7

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 1:06 PM

alanti:
    I did have the steam app on my old laptop for an alternative golf game (which was terrible)

LMAO. The irony here is killing me. Isn't that the game that was supposed to put WGT out of business?  :-D

• BogeyOne
    1,965 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 1:24 PM

YankeeJim:

alanti:
    I did have the steam app on my old laptop for an alternative golf game (which was terrible)

LMAO. The irony here is killing me. Isn't that the game that was supposed to put WGT out of business?  :-D

Ah yes, the Perfect Fairwell Golf Game.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 1:25 PM

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 1:28 PM

DufferJohn7:

Does this mean in March we'll have to join and install Steam to play the PCEA Desktop game? Or will we continue to play it from the desktop as we do now?

DJ7

My hunch is you better join and install or you won't play.  Gonna say that probably might also be the end of the flash game.  Can't see Wgt paying for server space.

But then again, I have no idea how hosting works, maybe Steam is paying TopGolf to host their game.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 2:13 PM

I have Golf Club 2019 and Perfect Parallel , Golf Club is the better of the two, but uses a XBot controller to swing.

I don't like that at all, but it seems like thats the direction its going in these games.

WGT Blows away all the rest, by far.

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 2:38 PM

DonCaron:

I have Golf Club 2019 and Perfect Parallel , Golf Club is the better of the two, but uses a XBot controller to swing.

I assume you meant to say XBox and not XBot.  In any event, you can also use a mouse to play it, which is what I use.

• Gepetto1958
    4,223 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 3:11 PM
    h2ok9:
    They did away with one of the best Baseball games ever and now they have cheapened the best Golf game ever!
    +1
RSS