Forums

Help › Forums

WGT is coming to Steam Early Access! *UPDATED*

Sat, Jul 9 2022 5:35 AM (113 replies)
  • Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 4:34 AM

Lots of peoples computers will choke on the Steam platform.I have a 2019 iMac and tried that other golf game and its terrible.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 5:34 AM

alanti:
    I assume this will replace the WGT website for playing the flash based game.

NO ... this is for the NEW EARLY ACCESS game NOT the Flash game. 

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 5:43 AM

Just a curious question, why is everyone so Happy about this? I don’t get it. Is there something I’m missing? What’s so good about Steam?

Are you guys thinking this is the Flash game?  It is NOT !! the Flash version it is the same Early Access (PCEA) version that’s already available.

I mean I kinda see WGT’s reason for this as Steam is a source for potential New players (13 Million Steam users) but I don’t understand why current WGT players would really care ... please help me understand. 😖 

• AndyJames123
    77 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 5:46 AM

TopShelf2010:

WGTChampion:

Our new version of WGT, currently found here in the forums, is coming soon to Steam Early Access!

You can find our store page here

Add it to your steam wish list and be notified when it becomes available. 

_CHAMPION 

Outstanding news Champ. Well done.

hahaha.......classic

Don

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 6:16 AM

MarchieB:
    Just a curious question, why is everyone so Happy about this? I don’t get it. Is there something I’m missing? What’s so good about Steam?

Steam is a well-known gaming platform in the gaming community.  Lots of games of all types and genres are available to play on it.  For me, it is a huge win that WGT will be available on Steam, because I already have other games (including another golf game) that I've purchased there.

It will be interesting to see what (if anything) WGT charges to purchase and play their Steam game.  The other Steam-based golf game I have is somewhat different in that it's a one-time purchase, but for that one-time purchase you get unlimited balls and can customize your 14-club bag any way you like... for instance, you can swap out a 3 iron for a 3H, a 4 iron for a 4H, etc.

It looks like the release date for WGT on Steam will be March 12, 2020.

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 6:33 AM

SamSpayed:
    It will be interesting to see what (if anything) WGT charges to purchase and play their Steam game.

WGT Golf on Steam will be free to play, same as always. It’s the exact same game as now. Early Access NOT Flash.  You pay into game for balls, equipment, passes ect. I do not see anything changing.

SamSpayed:
    Steam is a well-known gaming platform in the gaming community.

This part I get as an advantage to WGT as it’s 13 million new potential players.

Sam you said you already play other games on Steam ... do you get Steam Achievements? or know what those are? 

I guess my real question is what would the advantage be to opening up the game from within an extra app (Steam) be better than just opening up the PCEA game directly on your desktop??

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 6:47 AM

alanti:
    I have not tried the early access version, nor have any intention of doing so.

Entirely your choice of course, but I am curious as to why you have not even taken a look (and say you never will) so that if you then decide to have nothing further to do with it that will at least be based on your own findings.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 6:50 AM

I already have steam for other games. Its a free download.

I figured they would eventually go with steam, its a great platform for the game

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 8:14 AM

pmm711:

I believe this means PlayStation accessibility is coming.

lol what?

_CHAMPION 

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 12:19 PM

MarchieB:

I guess my real question is what would the advantage be to opening up the game from within an extra app (Steam) be better than just opening up the PCEA game directly on your desktop??

It will be on Steam's servers, or stored elsewhere, such as happens with the Battlefield games.

Right now unless WGT's servers or website is down you can play.  On Steam if Steam is down you won't.

Good/Bad yet to be seen.

Games have not been stand alone and stored on your local computer for quite some time,(including the PCEA)  I can remember the time, if the internet was down, you could still play.  Not anymore.

RSS