Help › Forums

WGT is coming to Steam Early Access! *UPDATED*

Sat, Jul 9 2022 5:35 AM (113 replies)
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 3:22 PM

SamSpayed:

DonCaron:

I have Golf Club 2019 and Perfect Parallel , Golf Club is the better of the two, but uses a XBot controller to swing.

I assume you meant to say XBox and not XBot.  In any event, you can also use a mouse to play it, which is what I use.

Perfect Parallel., you can us a mouse. Golf Club 2019 you can not. Your right, its XBox Controller

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 7:56 PM

MarchieB:
    NO ... this is for the NEW EARLY ACCESS game NOT the Flash game. 

I was referring to when flash ceases. The WGT website would then not be playable, and I assume the new early access game will be the replacement, via the Steam platform.

As I alluded, either way it makes no difference to me.

Wutpa:
    Entirely your choice of course, but I am curious as to why you have not even taken a look (and say you never will) so that if you then decide to have nothing further to do with it that will at least be based on your own findings.

I suppose over the years I have become disenchanted with the direction and has become more gimmicky than a novelty shop.

The mobile platform that is effectively the early access game (based on a lot of reviews I have read) has been built on, is enough to deter me, having tried to play the game on an iPad before.

Then you have the constant bugs and workarounds, and from the forums, the mobile platform is hardly immune to them. 

Add the equipment has continued to improve meaning most players hit 90% Fairways and GIR's....and then the prices....paying 10 bucks for a sleeve of pixels is beyond a joke.

Basically the game headed off on a tangent that has lost me, and my playing record is testament to that.....and the only thing I would miss are my CC mates and friends.

YankeeJim:
    LMAO. The irony here is killing me. Isn't that the game that was supposed to put WGT out of business?  :-D

LMAO...indeed.

PP was simply cartoon golf, and as I do not consider myself a gamer, was total shite.

The sad thing is if PP was half decent, it would have created some competition, and WGT/TG would have been forced to have pick up it's game. Instead, what we have is a monopoly, where mediocrity is enough.

• pmm711
    5,505 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 8:25 PM

WGTChampion:

pmm711:

I believe this means PlayStation accessibility is coming.

lol what?

_CHAMPION 

My kids always accessed Steam games from their PlayStation.  I’m an old f@cker...what do I know?  😂

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 8:57 PM

DonCaron:
    Perfect Parallel., you can us a mouse. Golf Club 2019 you can not.

Don, I'm telling you, you can.  I'm doing it myself.  Look under Settings.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Feb 23 2020 12:54 AM

You can use a Motion swing with the mouse. I use XBox controller.

What I was saying, was that there is no 3 click meter like WGT.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. My mind is on Early Access

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Feb 23 2020 2:10 PM

Good news Champ, thx!  Only good things can happen from here, including some form of anti-cheat I'd hope. 

Wondering however, can we expect some new fancy stuff to appear or will it just be PCEA on Steam?

Wouldn't be surprised if they charge for the game now -- which I'd be ok with assuming that new fancy stuff makes an appearance.  :)

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Sun, Feb 23 2020 2:18 PM

kavvz:
    new fancy stuff

Can you define "new fancy stuff" in this context for me?

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Feb 23 2020 3:45 PM

Wutpa:

kavvz:
    new fancy stuff

I was thinking that if the game is on Steam, they can very easily charge a fee for it and if they're going to charge a fee (not saying they are), that one would think the game would have something new and exciting offered that would entice players to pay for it -- beyond what we have and are used to now with the PCEA version. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Feb 23 2020 5:41 PM

kavvz:

Wutpa:

kavvz:
    new fancy stuff

I was thinking that if the game is on Steam, they can very easily charge a fee for it and if they're going to charge a fee (not saying they are), that one would think the game would have something new and exciting offered that would entice players to pay for it -- beyond what we have and are used to now with the PCEA version. 

I was thinking the same thing. The other games, you buy it for $60 and the clubs and balls are free. Everyone uses the same clubs and balls

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Feb 23 2020 5:43 PM

kavvz:

Good news Champ, thx!  Only good things can happen from here, including some form of anti-cheat I'd hope. 

Wondering however, can we expect some new fancy stuff to appear or will it just be PCEA on Steam?

Wouldn't be surprised if they charge for the game now -- which I'd be ok with assuming that new fancy stuff makes an appearance.  :)

I hope they eventually add a course designer. Unity I already have for my other games

RSS