Forums

Help › Forums

WGT is coming to Steam Early Access! *UPDATED*

Sat, Jul 9 2022 5:35 AM (113 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2020 7:36 PM

Our new version of WGT, currently found here in the forums, is coming soon to Steam Early Access!

You can find our store page here

Add it to your steam wish list and be notified when it becomes available. 

_CHAMPION 

UPDATE 3/11: Due to unforeseen circumstances outside of our control, we will not be releasing on steam tomorrow. This is absolutely heartbreaking to our team who have put forward an incredible effort to have the release ready on time.

We will still be holding our original plan of putting up our new update tomorrow for the PCEA version which will include Alt Shot and skins. 

Thank you for understanding. 

_CHAMPION 

• JDGHOST
    6,782 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2020 8:41 PM

Call me an idiot but what is steam??  Lol I went on the link ...It appears to be an app I guess like google play?? And what is the purpose? Is it just another way to access the PCEA and Mobile versions...Or  is steam a better way to play WGT??

JD

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2020 8:45 PM

JD 🤣 Sign me up too for the Idiot List !!!

was just about to ask the same questions!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_(service)

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2020 9:31 PM

I believe this means PlayStation accessibility is coming.

• AlejBaran
    1,404 Posts
    Fri, Feb 21 2020 10:27 PM

MarchieB:

JD 🤣 Sign me up too for the Idiot List !!!

was just about to ask the same questions!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_(service)

I feel that I also deserve (and want) to be on that list

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 12:45 AM

JDGHOST:
    Call me an idiot but what is steam?? 

I did have the steam app on my old laptop for an alternative golf game (which was terrible) and it simply was a platform for downloading the game.

Steam seemed to load very slowly and I deleted it in the end, and prior to that, made sure it did not auto load at boot up as it slowed the system horribly.

I assume this will replace the WGT website for playing the flash based game.

I have not tried the early access version, nor have any intention of doing so. 

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 1:53 AM

WGTChampion:

Our new version of WGT, currently found here in the forums, is coming soon to Steam Early Access!

You can find our store page here

Add it to your steam wish list and be notified when it becomes available. 

_CHAMPION 

Great news!! 

PS..VAC ;-)

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 2:59 AM

• h2ok9
    48 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 4:27 AM

I just tried the New and Improved version of WGT and I can definitely say that they have taken the game to its lowest settings possible. Before in the old version, it looks so real that you could almost smile the fresh-cut grass and in this new version, it's like looking and playing a golfing game from 20 years ago.  In my opinion, this new version has made a once get game into a very cheap game.  They did away with one of the best Baseball games ever and now they have cheapened the best Golf game ever!

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 4:31 AM
    OS minimum requirements: Win 8,10. That means we with win 7 are out of the game?
RSS