Sat, Jan 4 2020 3:28 PM (51 replies)
  • TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2019 12:40 PM

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2019 2:16 PM

TopShelf2010:
    Back on topic... It is amazing how when a post strikes close to home, how quickly those come to deflect.

I don't know if there's history between them but the original idea was After this fiasco of E-TOUR's first round with tens of withdraws, i would suggest to WGT to take some provisional measures for the next round...and i mean punishing the player who withdraws.

and I think the first bit of the reply was entirely on topic  Everyone that qualifyed and earn there spot is not allowed to do what they want with it? 

emmm, no deflection here but I reckoned the op read like a poorly thought through rant.  This was a competition with an unlimited play qualifying round, 128 then went through to the brackets.  Anyone that got that far had already spent time and ball usage (especially as they were using unfamiliar equipment), surely it's up to them to decided how much more to use when they think their chance has gone.

Most of all, there was only a prize to the bracket winners so how are wgt to penalise those who are getting nothing? Keep half of it? ;-) Take credits out their accounts?  Ban them from the next one? Jeez, it's just silly.

At least  in the other thread you had a concrete proposal, and giving credits to the qualifiers I like but, as I can't see wgt going from no prize to giving one again, I wont get too far into the mertits and otherwise of what you said there.  The point is there were nothing here to take away. 

As to the "tens of withdrawals" that's true but I think rather dramatically phrased, apparently there were twentythree, how would an average of less than three a bracket sound?

I wish Andy would come back, I couldn't manage his "storm in a teacup" picture :-((

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2019 3:28 PM

DodgyPutter:

Most of all, there was only a prize to the bracket winners so how are wgt to penalise those who are getting nothing? Keep half of it? ;-) Take credits out their accounts?  Ban them from the next one? Jeez, it's just silly.

I don't like say over and over again the same things. Of course it's up to them what to do. That's why i made this appeal to wgt and not to those who wd. Cause this liberty is offensive in the eyes of people who struggle to participate in this event.

I understand you don't share my point of view. No problems here. As for the silly part...Yes, ban them for the next would be a great incentive not wd their round.

• ujjbnjk
    2,126 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2019 9:44 AM

I posted my score 30mins after qualifying open.. I had no idea what rules it would be... And I'm not interested in playing a live event on a half finish beta version that I can't practice do not work on my computer... So of the respect of the other players in my bracket I did not play.. I still think it's up to the individual to do what they want with there spot tho they earn it wasn't  gifted to them :) 

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2019 11:17 AM

Yiannis1970:

Therefore, i would suggest to make an addition to the rules and punishing all the players who are not delivering their scores in the bracket round. Whoever does not want to play or for his/her reasons has no interest for this event (after preliminary round), can always simply notify WGT for the upcoming unavailability in order to be substituted. 

So much for reading/understanding the posts before responding...

• ujjbnjk
    2,126 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2019 1:51 PM

Yiannis1970:

Yiannis1970:

Therefore, i would suggest to make an addition to the rules and punishing all the players who are not delivering their scores in the bracket round. Whoever does not want to play or for his/her reasons has no interest for this event (after preliminary round), can always simply notify WGT for the upcoming unavailability in order to be substituted. 

So much for reading/understanding the posts before responding...

And you really think wgt would put in the time and work for that? lol have you been around for last 5 years? Won't happen they don't care if people wd or not they care about making money from ball using :) 

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Fri, Dec 27 2019 2:13 AM

Yiannis1970:

Well...i know it's probably useless and it won't be taken in consideration but sorry folks...have to do this.

OMG...LOL

Keep trolling man!!

• houdinisharks
    7 Posts
    Fri, Dec 27 2019 8:21 AM

I got struck by the tournament bug yesterday.....lost WiFi for 10 seconds, rejoined game immediately but was scored with 3 bogeys instead of the real par par birdie I shot.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Fri, Dec 27 2019 10:33 AM

houdinisharks:

I got struck by the tournament bug yesterday.....lost WiFi for 10 seconds, rejoined game immediately but was scored with 3 bogeys instead of the real par par birdie I shot.

Think your talking about a different tournament, you played in the “showdown” that in the past has been plagued with the same problems you’ve encountered.

This thread is regarding the European e-sport.

• houdinisharks
    7 Posts
    Fri, Dec 27 2019 11:28 AM

Whoops, sorry and my apologies.

RSS