Forums

Help › Forums

An appeal to WGT...

Sat, Jan 4 2020 3:28 PM (51 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2019 5:02 AM

Well...i know it's probably useless and it won't be taken in consideration but sorry folks...have to do this.

After this fiasco of E-TOUR's first round with tens of withdraws, i would suggest to WGT to take some provisional measures for the next round...and i mean punishing the player who withdraws.

After E-TOUR's announcement, i was so happy with the whole idea, so anxious to play and play well. After 6 years in here, it's the first time i see WGT taking seriously it's amazing product. I was thrilled!! At last something definitely is changing and surely towards the right path. The rules were perfectly written and extensively thorough. It was easy for everyone to see WGT's try to make a super effort in setting up all this.

Preliminary rounds, brackets, random clubs, unknown courses to mention just a few. It is an excellent effort to provide to everyone a chance to win. And after the first day, what do we have?

Tens of withdraws. Why? If you didn't want to make the trip, why on earth you played the preliminary round in the first place? Why do you deprive the right to someone who's willing to participate in the event? Why do you occupy the spot on 128 qualifiers from the moment you don't want to play?

I was playing so bad on my round...so bad, but i keep on playing and write down my score. I didn't do that cause i finish every round. Actually i have many many withdraws in RGs. My withdraws in RGs are not disrespectful towards anyone. That was totally different though!!

Withdrawing on E-TOUR means i show disrespect to any other participant, especially to those who didn't manage to qualify probably for one or two strokes. It's a shame WGT to be turning this excellent event into a farce just because some people can't seem to read/understand the rules or approaching the event without the necessary seriousness.

Therefore, i would suggest to make an addition to the rules and punishing all the players who are not delivering their scores in the bracket round. Whoever does not want to play or for his/her reasons has no interest for this event (after preliminary round), can always simply notify WGT for the upcoming unavailability in order to be substituted. 

• RickRR
    119 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2019 6:11 AM

@Yiannis1970 I agree with you totally.. I counted this morning 23 WDs and I was thinking the same thing, "WHY play if you don't want to go". Especially when I saw some of the scores, any of the players had a chance of winning if they stuck to the round or even just played the round.. I think there are two players that more of less have second round byes, which is not fair (in my opinion) to the others that have to play well to beat their opponent. I also agree that WGT should make it a requirement to finished the round and post a score in this Major events. As for RG's a player has the right to WD it is their credits they are forfeiting. Just my thoughts. 

P.S. No I didn't even try to qualify for two reasons: I am not good enough and I had no interest in going to Dubai.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2019 11:57 AM

Thanks for the input Rick. I guess many players can't grasp the common sense of your last sentence.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Dec 22 2019 1:02 AM

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sun, Dec 22 2019 1:36 AM

Is it possible a player missed the bracket start because they didn’t know it was coming up?  Poor communication has been an issue in the past.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Sun, Dec 22 2019 7:45 AM

Yeah, could be...is a chance, but 20% of the players didn't know when bracket was starting? Rules have been all over the place for anyone to read them. Timetables too...

Don, common sense is so underrated in our days!!

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sun, Dec 22 2019 3:27 PM

Yiannis1970:
    Don, common sense is so underrated in our days!!

Not just "underrated" but in short supply!

BTW - I agree with the suggestion.  I wish our CC could do something about WDs in the 16-player brackets.  I rarely make a bracket due to the times most of them are posted and I get really aggravated with those that sign up and then do not play!  16 spots in a 240-member club is not much!

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Dec 22 2019 4:02 PM

DoctorLarry:
    BTW - I agree with the suggestion.  I wish our CC could do something about WDs in the 16-player brackets.  I rarely make a bracket due to the times most of them are posted and I get really aggravated with those that sign up and then do not play!  16 spots in a 240-member club is not much!

I set them up ad they fill in 7-8 hours. Hardly any withdraws

• ujjbnjk
    2,126 Posts
    Tue, Dec 24 2019 3:21 PM

So wait dear yiannis... Everyone that qualifyed and earn there spot is not allowed to do what they want with it? We have to follow your rules spamm unlimited rounds and then choke the single play? Thanks for letting us know :) 

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2019 3:15 AM

Not even close dear Peter. It's not the first time you misunderstand my posts. You don't have to follow anything cause i don't dictate the rules. The post was addressed to those who post the rules and surely you have nothing to do with this . Now, if by any chance you find my suggestion offensive cause you wd your first round...well, it's your issue, not mine.

RSS