Help › Forums

An appeal to WGT...

Sat, Jan 4 2020 3:28 PM (51 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Fri, Dec 27 2019 11:53 AM

Yiannis1970:

DodgyPutter:

Most of all, there was only a prize to the bracket winners so how are wgt to penalise those who are getting nothing? Keep half of it? ;-) Take credits out their accounts?  Ban them from the next one? Jeez, it's just silly.

I don't like say over and over again the same things. Of course it's up to them what to do. That's why i made this appeal to wgt and not to those who wd. Cause this liberty is offensive in the eyes of people who struggle to participate in this event.

I understand you don't share my point of view. No problems here. As for the silly part...Yes, ban them for the next would be a great incentive not wd their round.

Now you really are being silly, do you really think wgt would cut off their nose to spite their face in this way? They want as many as possible playing as many rounds as possible. To ban people that got through the unlimited round of the previous tournament is surely up there with the best of the bad buisness plans. 

If you want to you can probably quote from what you've said to show you know they wouldn't do this and you have said so all along. What I'd prefer is you to offer a practical way wgt could punish those you are talking about as, while there is no prize for them, I can't see one.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Fri, Dec 27 2019 1:25 PM
    You are such a wise guy DodgyPutter especially when you are talking about business plans and company failure!! An absolute hilarious point of view that WGT risks it's business plan cause 20-30 people won't be able to play a preliminary round on E-Tour!! Shocking news for WGT!!! In a game that everyday gains from thousands and thousands of balls/equipment/tournaments, the whole structure will collapse just because 20-30 people didn't play a round. Silly me!!!
  • fredsf
    1,460 Posts
    Sat, Dec 28 2019 10:36 AM

I kinda agree with you on this Yannis. Why would you sign up and try to qualify for an event you know you won't play? Why would you take a spot to somebody who is committed to play till he's eliminated or by chance has the opportunity to reach the finals?

Question of ego maybe? ;)

If you forfeit because you can't go to Dubai, so don't even start! If you forfeit because you mess up a round, then just finish it, show the community that you can miss a round too and move on. Nobody will judge you (not so many are following the event anyways) and your name will still be on top of the money list...you'll be fine posting a score in the mid 60's or higher that only the other members of your bracket will see . So what? 16 people?

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sat, Dec 28 2019 2:29 PM

fredsf:
    I kinda agree with you on this Yannis. Why would you sign up and try to qualify for an event you know you won't play? Why would you take a spot to somebody who is committed to play till he's eliminated or by chance has the opportunity to reach the finals?

Maybe some players assumed without really looking into the tournament that they would receive 2000cr after getting through the first round? And the idea of a SOTW gave everyone a bit of a chance, maybe an outsider reaching the last 8!

And how many stood on the 1st tee  at Wolf, with a headwind and re-started over and over again, until they got what they wanted!

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,502 Posts
    Sat, Dec 28 2019 3:11 PM

• birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Sat, Dec 28 2019 7:15 PM

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,502 Posts
    Sat, Dec 28 2019 7:49 PM

↓↓↓ EDIT : ↓↓↓

Nah, you didn't miss anything.

It was just me, a dumba$$ saying dumba$$ stuff...

Whoever had a chance to read it and to the person it was directed and to the whole community, I am sorry.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sun, Dec 29 2019 1:34 PM

• seifvai
    12 Posts
    Mon, Dec 30 2019 7:38 AM

Im one of the wd, i did it by mistake thinking i had unlimited trials, so i should be banned from another event because you were too late to register???  

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Mon, Dec 30 2019 8:41 AM

Perhaps WGT could "suggest" that those not interested in continuing the tournament beyond the qualifying round should not post any score. This is what Yiannis really wants. 

If I missed the cut by one stroke I would certainly not appreciate someone above me withdrawing for no good reason.  Being player number 128 means I only have to win 4 matches to go forward. Being number 129 means I lost that chance. To know that there was even just one withdrawal for no good reason is bothersome. Twenty of 128 is really S@#$y.

Perhaps having qualifiers 129 through 136 post scores using the first round bracket set could make it possible to fill any slots where a withdrawal was recorded. Call them "provisional" scores. With 8 provisional scores, one withdrawal in each bracket could be covered.

RSS