skip nav

Forums

Scoring 52 is not a realistic score.

Wed, Mar 11 2020 3:07 PM by TopShelf2010. 89 replies.
  • DonCaron United States
    4,678 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2020 6:30 PM

andwhy67:

The 2nd place finisher Ujjbnjk has had a 49 in a previous round I think, and posted it on his profile page too!

A handful of eagles, and an ace in the same round, get your head round that!

Bet you wonder how he sleeps at night, cheating b@st4rd!!!!

We know its very possible for Ujjbnjk, Mags, Young46 and all of them. They constantly practice and study every hole and green on the course.

I say Kudos to them for great play.

• Robert1893 United States
    5,474 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2020 6:59 PM

@DNavarroSr

Of course, you’re correct. It’s just a game  Still, no one on here is spending their kid's inheritance on it. That rhetoric was unnecessary. 

• goldeena Thailand
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2020 10:18 PM

It's not an unrealistic score - these players have saturated in terms of knowledge, they know their equipment inside-out, they know how the hole will play, they know how the wind works, whether the ball will roll or stop dead, landing points, prediction, play percentages ... e.t.c....e.t.c....., and even if they don't get close they have powerful putting methods and can get the ball in anyway.

So at the top level nobody is better than anybody else - they all know pretty much everything and the only thing that decides a particular order of merit is 'circumstance'.

When you, yourself have near-enough reached that level you know to yourself you are going to beat them as much as they are going to beat you because the only thing that separates everybody then is 'circumstance'. This is great from one perspective - OMG I am going to beat Young46 or Walk, finally, and it's going to happen quite a lot - but only as much as they will beat you!!!

And that's the BIG POINT.....

The only thing that differentiates 1st from 20th amongst the elites is 'circumstance' and a 20th placed player in the top rank can be 1st the next time out because 20th is no longer a reflection of ability - just circumstance.

On the whole I find that notion pretty depressing, the knowledge that you won't (and they wont), ever be 'genuinely better' than each other and there are no George Bests in computer golf - the parameters are not extensive enough to ever make that the case as in real life.

It leaves me a bit demotivated and demoralized to tell the truth and perhaps it is better for me that I came of age in the last year of WGT flash rather than just fester on forever in the top tier not really going any higher or doing anything better than anybody else once all the secrets and techniques were known (you had matured in the game). I think that's pretty much game over, but take some consolation....

Hey - you did it, you 'did' WGT :-)

It's no different to winning a game of space invaders really - just a bit more sophisticated in the maturity of the skills required to graduate.

TQG

(feeling pretty demotivated to return to the circuit at the moment precisely because of this).

The other thing was that I just don't like the people - golfers in my experience are the worst breed - the most deeply unfortunate people I have ever come across in my life, RATS- you have these 'god clubs' in the clashes - yet they know absolutely nothing about god??? Nothing about gods work - they have never even tried to learn about gods work, they are no closer to god than a child reading a comic book!! They are 4 king SIMPLETONS to me, yet they have the AUDACITY to be snotty and toffee-nosed ISN'T ONE!!! TOFFEE NOSED SIMPLETONS WHO KNOW NOTHING OF WHICH THEY PREACH, A MASSIVE WHOPPER ISN'T ONE!!! Even golf itself - can they play any ball, any green speed, did they know there was no split on the first square or that the wind will indeed influence a putt if it is more perpendicular to the break and above 18 mph 15 feet or more from the hole - they don't know that, THEY KNOW FORK-ALL DOESN'T ONE.

THEY DISGUST ME WITH THEIR IGNORANT HARD-WIRING, LACK OF KNOWLEDGE, LACK OF THOUGHT...... THEIR SHEER HYPOCRISY.

Just the kind of people I have no interest in whatsoever, no interest even in beating - I can't find the motivation to prove myself superior to a bunch of chimpanzees.

Wouldn't ONE?!!

STICK IT UP YERS - I'LL BE BACK ON MY TERMS, WHEN I WANT AND FOR ME, YOU'RE ALL F.O.S. ISN'T ONE!!!

THAT'S THE ONLY PERSON I NEED AND THE ONLY PERSON WHO KNOWS...

ANYTHING!!!

TQG

..enjoy the self-made system prison that surrounds you, that made you an empty headed moron, imprisoned your minds and SWIVEL ON IT!!!

..and that foolish b@stard Constantine has got a lot of answering for - you lot should have all been fed to the lions 2000 years ago!!! in my Universe (where I get to be Constantine) that happens - I will feed every last one of you without pause or sympathy because you moron-people are just a sh1t roll of the dice in the greater scheme of things and I have to suffer it :-(

• DanL24 United States
    19 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 7:38 AM

DonCaron:

andwhy67:

The 2nd place finisher Ujjbnjk has had a 49 in a previous round I think, and posted it on his profile page too!

A handful of eagles, and an ace in the same round, get your head round that!

Bet you wonder how he sleeps at night, cheating b@st4rd!!!!

We know its very possible for Ujjbnjk, Mags, Young46 and all of them. They constantly practice and study every hole and green on the course.

I say Kudos to them for great play.

People that say scoring a 52 or 49 is not realistic are correct.  This isn't real golf, but it also meant to be.  It's a game.  Within the construct of the game it is definitely realistic (although difficult).  You have to master every aspect of the game.  Know your yardages of each club and shot type, know how to play the wind, know how to play spin, know each green and hole location, and learn how to hit the ding 75% of the time.  And even then you still need to spend enough (or win enough credits) to buy top of the line equipment and balls.

Shooting a 49 on Oakmont is not realistic because nobody in real life can do that, but shooting a 49 on Oakmont on WGT is obviously possible.

• binkybaxter1 United Kingdom
    1,540 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2020 7:55 AM
    i suppose the Saving Grace for 95% of players, is that now we just look at the board>>>"52 NO CHANCE".....lets all move along and find another single round game to play :)
  • DonCaron United States
    4,678 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2020 2:33 PM

binkybaxter1:
    i suppose the Saving Grace for 95% of players, is that now we just look at the board>>>"52 NO CHANCE".....lets all move along and find another single round game to play :)

Just a suggestion, concentrate on your own game. Those guys put in the time and earned those scores. Go to their blogs and you will see videos of rounds that they play live.

I know I can't shoot a 52 and does not mean I won't play it and try and finish as high as I can.

• Robert1893 United States
    5,474 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2020 2:38 PM

DonCaron:
    I know I can't shoot a 52 and does not mean I won't play it and try and finish as high as I can.

Hey, I have no problem shooting a 52.

But then WGT has the unreasonable expectation of one playing all 18 holes. It's just the last 4 or 5 holes that are killers for my score! 😀

• TopShelf2010 United States
    9,509 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2020 3:22 PM

Robert1893:

DonCaron:

But then WGT has the unreasonable expectation of one playing all 18 holes. It's just the last 4 or 5 holes that are killers for my score! 😀

On a few occasions while sign hunting all up in Chambers Bay, I had a 54.... then made the turn to the Back 9.

Don

• andwhy67 France
    2,720 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2020 3:23 PM

Robert1893:

DonCaron:

well my lowest is a 57 and just think of the couple of putts I left short, or the aim point I changed at the last minute. Its not real life.....obviously but with the wind change on some holes, for example the 8th and 9th at St Andy’s where your play the 8th and the wind is behind you, the 9th the wind is in your face, they should be the same, the game I think in a way is designed more to play an individual hole at a time.

Which proves the point of the best can just adapt as needed.

• DonCaron United States
    4,678 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2020 3:59 PM

andwhy67:

HaHa, I know what you mean

andwhy67:
    Which proves the point of the best can just adapt as needed.

Very True

RSS