2,816 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2020 5:21 PM

DNavarroSr:
    I'm happy with an average score of 80.

Easily pleased?

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Sun, Jan 5 2020 5:20 AM

They use to shoot 48 with strong winds but after a few being banned it seems that 52 is the new level they don't cross

• hoeman793
    20 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2020 4:49 AM

OK loonie I have to agree with skbob if you cant shoot that in real life there is no way in hell you should be able to shoot it in the game , top of the line clubs or not mine arent quit top but up there tried renting to check even but no so those scores are as bogus as I do play a lot an loonie if it walks like a duck its a duck WGT takes no pride in anything ive complained numerous times in bug reports meaning reporting problems the only thing that changed was that my player got worse i thing they buged my guy because i able to shoot a 58 now and then in decent condition but now i get a 65 im doing good , now ive moved up a level and that might account for so slippage but i;ve been on this level awhile should be breaking low 60s

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2020 2:04 PM

hoeman793:
    OK loonie I have to agree with skbob

Sorry but skbob doesn’t know what he’s talking about, I’ve had a look at your stats, they don’t lie, now look at the top players and compare. 

There’s your answer! 

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2020 3:08 PM

Young46:

skbob:

Hi there,

playing the Etour on Wolf creek. At this moment the leader scored a 52..... how in the H*l is that possible. All scores below 65 must be cheats. Never in your life you are able to shoot 52 with 35mph wind and tour speed greens. Please do something about that.

I agree, anyone below 65 is clearly cheating!

+1 LMAO!!!

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2020 3:17 PM

skbob:

Hi there,

playing the Etour on Wolf creek. At this moment the leader scored a 52..... how in the H*l is that possible. All scores below 65 must be cheats. Never in your life you are able to shoot 52 with 35mph wind and tour speed greens. Please do something about that.

I hate to say it but it appears to me this person got just what he wanted......6 pages of discussion and responses to a post that was "Clearly" ludicrous and not meant to be taken seriously ....CMON 10 YEARS  on starter gear and balls and  less than 70 ranked rounds??? Just now figured out you should be in the tourney in the first place? "Didn't realize there were players with skills to put up those kinda numbers?"

WHATEVAH

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2020 3:59 PM

This being a computer game, anything is possible.  Have they cheated? That has to be proven,  but seeing as how, no one has ever shot under a 59 in real life pga tourneys, it sure blows the heck out of the phrase, " MOST REALISTIC GOLF GAME"  LOL

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2020 7:08 PM

Luckystar5:

This being a computer game, anything is possible.  Have they cheated? That has to be proven,  but seeing as how, no one has ever shot under a 59 in real life pga tourneys, it sure blows the heck out of the phrase, " MOST REALISTIC GOLF GAME"  LOL

I think you mean 58. 

Still, your point stands. 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2020 8:21 PM

yes, I stand corrected, I forgot about Jim's 58, in 2016.  but look how long a 59 stood, prior to that,   lol

• Jimac55
    88 Posts
    Fri, Jan 10 2020 4:43 AM

Just because 52 is an unrealistic score, which of course it is when compared to real golf, does not mean it's a dishonest score.

Top golfers hit the fairway about 70% of the time and hit the green in regulation about the same. In this game it's not unusual for the top players to have 90% for both. They would have to be really bad at putting not to be smashing 58 on a regular basis.

Distance from the pin is another interesting stat, the really good players tend to be 9ft from the pin guys, I remember reading that Tiger was averaging 29 ft from the pin in a particular year, that's quite a difference lol.

Of course these high stats bring there own problems as birdies and eagles become the "par" you start reaching the the real limit on scoring, you can only get 18 birdies and with maybe 3 eagles being possible depending on the course 21 or 22 under is the limit that can be squeezed out without HIOs and holed approaches.

The top score in the Live tournement is 21 under at the moment and the rest of the elite players are packed in at 19 under and 18 under. It will be impossible to separate them except on countback. The game has gotten too easy and it's causing scoring jams at the top end.

RSS