Forums

Help › Forums

Scoring 52 is not a realistic score.

Wed, Jan 25 2023 10:23 PM (130 replies)
  • Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2019 8:42 AM

We played right into his hands.  If we didn't respond, he'd go away, cuz he didn't stir up any garbage.  we got what "he" wanted,  all stirred up. 

• RDHacker
    103 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2019 9:35 AM

Young46:

i agree, anyone below 65 is clearly cheating!

DAMN TROLLS... LOL

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2019 11:35 AM

skbob:

Lonnie,

as a play just for fun.... i was not aware of any fulltime WGT players. And since I just want to play....and not spend money on other clubs I play with WGT clubs. I still believe that a video game/ online game must realistic for any one to enter. For me the fun is gone knowing that guys that score 52 are playing the same tournie... 

the reason why i do no practice is simply because i have a normal job instead of sitting on a videogame all day to earn money. With other words, i have got better things to do.

My old friend shish-ka-bobber.

I have been working 45 - PLUS hours for the past 44 YEARS. I became a member in 2009 and have played nearly everyday or at the least every other day. 

In these past almost 11 YEARS I coach football for 4 yrs, basketball for 4 yrs., and baseball for 3 yrs. - INCLUDING working my FULL TIME JOB for the STATE OF NEW YORK.

I have been on vacation with my kids, to FLA 8 out of the past 11, Gettysburg 2 yrs in a row and NYC 4 separate times. Thes e are vac just with my family.

My wife and I over the past 9 yrs.have been to Can Cun (twice), Dominican Republic,a Mediterranean Cruise, Aruba, Cayman Islands and last but certainly not least Jamaica. This year were going to BEAUTIFUL Lisbon Portugal for 7 days. 

MY POINT IS,,,,,,,,, in the event you come back with something like ,,,"I have a life" or,"I have better things to do" PLEASE man. Why did you even come in here and start this kind of topic.

On a bad day I can shoot 64, 65 at ANY course WGT has to offer, throw in HIGH WINDs and CHAMPION GREENS and I SUCK. We have outstanding equipment, we have the best golf balls you can buy an dwe play the game nearly everyday so for anyone that does that eventually your scores are going to go lower and lower and LOOOOOOWER. 

LOOK at the players shooting those types of score. LOOK at the equipmant and gb's, and LOOK at how OFTEN tthey play this game BEFORE you throw out that type of accusation.

It's called - DO YOUR HOMEWORK FIRST. 

OTE.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2019 2:07 PM

I am retired now but when I worked, I did 60 hour weeks and still played 6 times a day.

That not including the time I spent searching the forums for tips.

• nerve60
    285 Posts
    Fri, Dec 20 2019 6:52 PM

Young46:

skbob:

Hi there,

playing the Etour on Wolf creek. At this moment the leader scored a 52..... how in the H*l is that possible. All scores below 65 must be cheats. Never in your life you are able to shoot 52 with 35mph wind and tour speed greens. Please do something about that.

I agree, anyone below 65 is clearly cheating!

Actually its under 51.17 ! ;)

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Dec 21 2019 4:02 AM

nerve60:

Young46:

skbob:

Hi there,

playing the Etour on Wolf creek. At this moment the leader scored a 52..... how in the H*l is that possible. All scores below 65 must be cheats. Never in your life you are able to shoot 52 with 35mph wind and tour speed greens. Please do something about that.

I agree, anyone below 65 is clearly cheating!

Actually its under 51.17 ! ;)

They have always said Tour Champions can play with anything and still score well.

This is proof

• seifvai
    12 Posts
    Sat, Dec 28 2019 9:19 AM

Its free to play/pay to compete. Equipment make of most of your game: distance trajectory precision depends on how well ur equipped:

Evert champs will drive more than 300 yds making most of their approach shots easy gimmies.  High trajectory irons coupled with high spin rate balls will make the ball drop like a sack of potato in any tee. 

Don't try to compete with a stick of wood, because thats what youve being using so far...

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sat, Dec 28 2019 3:37 PM

The 2nd place finisher Ujjbnjk has had a 49 in a previous round I think, and posted it on his profile page too!

A handful of eagles, and an ace in the same round, get your head round that!

Bet you wonder how he sleeps at night, cheating b@st4rd!!!!

skbob:

Hi there,

• DNavarroSr
    3 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2020 5:34 PM

This argument is really much ado about nothing. It's an online game. There are folks who pattern their lives around online games and MUST be the best. Frankly, I could care less about someone shooting a 52 or a 49 or 18 holes-in-one. It's still just a game a a long way from reality. IF WGT wanted to make it a "realistic" game they would make it super hard to break 60... regardless of the special clubs and special balls and robots. In the realistic world, how many golfers break 60? And the only time you hear score of 52 and lower are in team scrambles, many of which are scored with one of those specially sharpened pencils.

So... the key is to not worry about getting tangled up with the Super Pros who find ways to manufacture such low scores. I'm happy with an average score of 80. And if I get that down into the 70s I will be happier than a pig in poop, regardless of what anyone else does. But, I have no plans on spending my kid's inheritance on an online golf game that is actually well done, but still just a game.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Jan 2 2020 6:27 PM

DNavarroSr:

This argument is really much ado about nothing. It's an online game. There are folks who pattern their lives around online games and MUST be the best. Frankly, I could care less about someone shooting a 52 or a 49 or 18 holes-in-one. It's still just a game a a long way from reality. IF WGT wanted to make it a "realistic" game they would make it super hard to break 60... regardless of the special clubs and special balls and robots. In the realistic world, how many golfers break 60? And the only time you hear score of 52 and lower are in team scrambles, many of which are scored with one of those specially sharpened pencils.

So... the key is to not worry about getting tangled up with the Super Pros who find ways to manufacture such low scores. I'm happy with an average score of 80. And if I get that down into the 70s I will be happier than a pig in poop, regardless of what anyone else does. But, I have no plans on spending my kid's inheritance on an online golf game that is actually well done, but still just a game.

You are a Pro and just joined in December. Work on getting your average below 80 first

RSS